The Student Room Group

Music Applicants - Have you had any offers yet?

Hey!

Just wondering if any fellow BMus-ers had any offers yet?

I've applied for Liverpool, Manchester, Edge Hill, Sheffield and Birmingham.

All of the above acknowledged my application; I've had an offer of ABB from Liverpool, and an interview from Manchester.

Anyone else? It seems as if arts/humanities are slightly slower this year as all my friends doing Law etc are getting offers by the day!! I was hopeful of more than one offer by this point :frown:
Bump?!
Original post by billymccreith
Hey!

All of the above acknowledged my application; I've had an offer of ABB from Liverpool, and an interview from Manchester.

Anyone else? It seems as if arts/humanities are slightly slower this year as all my friends doing Law etc are getting offers by the day!! I was hopeful of more than one offer by this point :frown:

Hi,You may get a better response in performance arts and music section?
My Daughter has applied for music(York,Durham,Bristol,Nottingham,Cambridge)
No offers yet.
Good luck with your application.
Bump
Original post by wonderland2
Hi,You may get a better response in performance arts and music section?
My Daughter has applied for music(York,Durham,Bristol,Nottingham,Cambridge)
No offers yet.
Good luck with your application.

update- offers from York Bristol and Nottingham
Reply 5
I got my first offer for music from Royal Holloway (ABB) today!:biggrin:
Original post by imc1234

Woop woop :biggrin:

(Am not an applicant - I'm current a music PhD student, just to clarify :tongue: )
Original post by imc1234

Congrats!

I have a conditional and unconditional from Birmingham, as well as an interview for Manchester.

Liverpool and Sheffield also offered me a place!
Original post by billymccreith
Hey!

I'd agree, I sent mine off on Monday and I've not heard anything back but my friends (who are doing stuff like Sciences, Psychology etc) were hearing back within a day or two- worries me a little haha! :smile:

Although I have had acknowledgements from all of the universities I applied to so here's to hoping!
Reply 9
what would you do if you were choosing between Bristol and Durham for music?
Original post by metella

I'd personally consider the following factors:

- course content and structure
- bursaries
- accommodation
- proximity to home

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by metella

Hey I'm having the same issue! I've got offers from both but can't decide... Durham is so far from London but it has a better reputation than Bristol? I really love the Bristol course and the place itself though :/
Reply 12
I dont think that in general terms as a University one has a better reputation thatn the othe.r . And I would say the same for the Music course. I think it depends whether you prefer a bigger city or the College experience. My son and I have looked at a lot of Music courses and in fact these 2 are pretty similar. Durham and bristol as Unis score roughly equally in league tables, with bristol scoring significantly higher among international polls of global Unis and Durham slightly higher among purely domestic polls. I personally prefer Durham as a town as it is smaller, but that is a personal preference. The one thing we were not terribly keen on with Durham is that in the fist year you cannot do a 25% of the course just by performing, which you can do in most of the other Music courses.
Reply 13
Got unconditional offers from Royal Holloway and Cardiff with my 2A*s and 2B's and a conditional from Bristol on grade 8 theory, still waiting on Edinburgh...
Reply 14
Original post by arkatie
Got unconditional offers from Royal Holloway and Cardiff with my 2A*s and 2B's and a conditional from Bristol on grade 8 theory, still waiting on Edinburgh...

That's great!!! What's your favourite so far?

Quick Reply

Latest