The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Aeronautical Engineering 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Marcus4004
Most (if not all) people will wear suits. Parents are encouraged to come.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When is ur interview, mine is this Friday. How are u guys preparing for the maths test?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
My interview was 4 years ago :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey :smile: has anyone heard back after the interview? The deadline for the overseas interview was on the 23rd and if this year is anything like last year then we should be hearing real soon!
When was the first batch of offers given out last year?
Original post by Lord Commander
When was the first batch of offers given out last year?

12th of december I think but interviews were slightly later
Original post by Heisenberg97
12th of december I think but interviews were slightly later

So it would be reasonable to say they might start sending offers this coming week right? aagggghh
Original post by feracero
So it would be reasonable to say they might start sending offers this coming week right? aagggghh

Yes haha
Original post by Student403
*Prays that I'm not in the unlucky 25-30%*

Same haha although I reslly dont have high hopes
*Prays that I'm not in the unlucky 25-30%*

*Prays that I'm not in the unlucky 40%* No interview yet 😭
Original post by alegonperez
*Prays that I'm not in the unlucky 40%* No interview yet 😭

Did you get one for Oxford? :smile:
Did you get one for Oxford? :smile:

If you mean a rejection letter, definitely I did. It was expected though quite disappointing. I knew my PAT was crap but I was so well prepared... It was more a matter of time than a matter of knowledge. I think I should've focus more on timing than in the contents during my prep for the exam...

Anyway, the Imperial thing is driving me crazy! I applied three months ago yet, and I've heard nothing from them... And Christmas is coming (GoT-ish quote hahaha). I'm full of confidence but I'm not the most patient man in the world 😂😂

You must understand what I say, as you've been waiting for a while for your offer, which must be about to come hahahaha
Original post by alegonperez
If you mean a rejection letter, definitely I did. It was expected though quite disappointing. I knew my PAT was crap but I was so well prepared... It was more a matter of time than a matter of knowledge. I think I should've focus more on timing than in the contents during my prep for the exam...

Anyway, the Imperial thing is driving me crazy! I applied three months ago yet, and I've heard nothing from them... And Christmas is coming (GoT-ish quote hahaha). I'm full of confidence but I'm not the most patient man in the world 😂😂

You must understand what I say, as you've been waiting for a while for your offer, which must be about to come hahahaha

Ah sorry about that! Anyway Oxford isn't where you want to go to become an Aerospace engineer :')

I totally get you - unlucky tbh :/ I really can't say when we'll both hear back because it could be any time -.- Anyway let's just wait and see lol. Good luck my friend :smile:
mmmm I wonder whether we'll start hearing back from imperial this week or not
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by feracero
mmmm I wonder whether we'll start hearing back from imperial this week or not

Hope so!!! :frown:
I think we must, I'm sure the want to do it before christmas...
Hi everyone
I have also applied to Imperial for the 4 years Aeronautical Engineering course.
I have offers from City, Manchester and UCL but got rejected from Cambridge (although it was to be expected). I haven't received any Interview offer from Imperial yet which makes me feel a little suspicious. I have applied on the 14th of October. Looking at the stats from last years admissions, they don't seem to be very promising but there is still hope. I am a UK student (moved to the UK 6-7 years ago from Germany). My grades so far are AAAB (Math(Boundary A), Physics (Boundary A), Computing(87%) and Engineering respectively(I know B in Engineering seems to be bad but got full mark son coursework(A) and very little in the test(E)). My predicted grades are A*A*AA.
Just wondering who is in a similar position and what people might think the hope I have for an interview. Imperial, as I think many of you also feel, I somewhere I would love to study.
Appreciate everyone's time and effort
Reply 98
Hey everyone.

I recently got my new set of grades and my grades improved by a lot so I sent aeronautical engineering department as well as the Imperial engineering admissions department my scanned grade report in hopes that they will also consider the new set of grades. At the end of the email, I asked them to reply to the email so that I can know whether they read it or not.

But... after 5 days, there is no reply from Imperial.... is this normal? Should I call them just to make sure?
Reply 99
Hi there! I'm an international student studying in UK. I submitted my ucas on 17th the November for aeronautical engineering and have got offers from Bristol, Durham and Southampton so far. I haven't heard anything from imperial yet and I'm wondering if anybody studies in UK has got interview invitation after November?( I mean after admission days in late November) thanks😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending