The Student Room Group

This woman and her outlook on promiscuous women...

So I came across and American Vegan youtuber this morning and I'm so unimpressed by one of her videos and since the dislike bar is huge, clearly I wasn't the only one.

Here it is, if you want to watch it:
[video="youtube;1ful7RCQVpk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ful7RCQVpk[/video]

Her initial message is on based on health, which fair enough, she is a vegan/health youtube after all.

It was her views on women that bothered me most. :colonhash:

So she says:

"she is presenting herself as an object for a mans sexual fulfilment".
"She sexualises parts of her body, for a man"
"Women turning themselves into sex objects isn't anything new...not beneficial for us as a gender"
"Dehumanising women to the point of 'cum dumpster'"

Then she goes on to talk about women who enjoy or take part in "rough sex" is a cry for help.

and then I laughed at the irony...:redface:

"How about we just stop acting the b*tches to other women"
"Realise we are not advancing ourselves as a gender of as individuals by tearing down other women so we can step on their faces....."
-------------------------------------------
She just sounds like a complete idiot. I don't think I have anything more to say other than me completely disagreeing with everything she has said.

I don't know if I made this post because I wanted to rant about how idiotic the video was, or if I was looking for someone else's opinions on this, probably both! So please go ahead :tongue: :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

:giggle: No ones going to read all that, are they?
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

still staring at the boobs tbh
Reply 3
'health youtuber' :toofunny:. This is coming from a women you has videos of her eating for 20 minutes straight. Don't take any health advise from her mate.

I read it, tried to watch the video but got bored. :/
Original post by aamirac
'health youtuber' :toofunny:. This is coming from a women you has videos of her eating for 20 minutes straight and was once a hooker back in the day. Don't take any health advise from her mate.

Don't worry, I wasn't planning too :colondollar:

Wait WHAT?

You are talking about the other girl in the video aren't you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by XOR_
I read it, tried to watch the video but got bored. :/

Give me a chance :sadnod::sad:
Reply 7
Don't worry, I wasn't planning too :colondollar:

Wait WHAT?

Yep, she said it in a video a while ago on another third party channel of hers. But I'm not surprised to see she made a video like this.
Original post by Bill_Gates
still staring at the boobs tbh

:talkhand:
I guess I can understand what she's saying but everything went downhill at 11:00...
I also get the feeling that she's not as nice as she paints herself to be.
Original post by aamirac
Yep, she said it in a video a while ago on another third party channel of hers. But I'm not surprised to see she made a video like this.

Maybe that's why her outlook on women and sex is so obscured :dontknow:

She sounds so ridiculous! :redface:
Original post by We'reAllMadHere
I guess I can understand what she's saying but everything went downhill at 11:00...
I also get the feeling that she's not as nice as she paints herself to be.

I think the beginning was the worst part. The last part was hilarious.
Maybe that's why her outlook on women and sex is so obscured :dontknow:

She sounds so ridiculous! :redface:

Maybe. She might regret her past and in turn hate everything about it. Therefore feeling the need to improve herself and be a different person so she doesn't feel associated with it. :redface:.
[QUOTE=TheonlyMrsHolmes;61229539]I think the beginning was the worst part. The last part was hilarious.

Maybe we see things differently. :smile:
She seems like a militant vegan - she couldn't resist getting a little jab in at the end. Lol :tongue:
There's nothing wrong with that, her views are good and fine. No problem.
Watched the first 2 minutes, don't see what's so bad with it to be honest.

That fat woman is absolutely hanging though, as a side note. She looks like an absolute state.

Also, you could have said that they were going to play that ridiculous song right at the beginning. I played it on load speaker on my phone...
(edited 8 years ago)
She does have a point.
Original post by XOR_
Okay I've tried to formulate a view :biggrin: - There is an amount of irony I agree, saying "Dehumanising women to the point of 'cum dumpster'" is just an insult, although the video is sexualized that comment is taking it to extremes as it's no more sexual than say a Kelis MV.

I'm hesitant to ridicule her to any degree further than I would
Meghan Trainor for the term "Go 'head and tell them skinny bitches that" as again that's just an insult. The title "my skinny response" tells you where it's going and it's unfortunate someone who supposedly promotes health uses that title, but honestly it's just back and forth sly insults between fat and skinny people at this point.

Now in terms of the health concerns I agree, there should be from a purely medical perspective an underlying view that having too much fat is unhealthy and perhaps the line(s) about booty or it just being a label may perpetuate the idea of it being less of an issue than it medically is or a compromise between sexy/healthy (the same issue with people who suffer from anorexia sometimes).

Thank you :biggrin::biggrin:

No, I don't agree with the fat shaming and skinny shaming thing(either way is bad), it's getting old now tbh.

My problem was with her attitudes towards women that dress a certain way, or are promiscuous. There is nothing wrong with women who want to be promiscuous or dress revealingly, her stating they are holding back the female gender from moving forward is ridiculous.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Watched the first 2 minutes, don't see what's so bad with it to be honest.

That fat woman is absolutely hanging though, as a side note. She looks like an absolute state.

Also, you could have said that they were going to play that ridiculous song right at the beginning. I played it on load speaker on my phone...

:biggrin: I'm sorry.

I disagree, her emphasis on the female gender and it "advancing" is fine, then she goes on to be little women for being a certain way, and then she brings it back to "lets stop being b*tches" to each other.

She is just a toxic person from what I can see. Yuck.
Original post by DiddyDec
She does have a point.

If it's about women, then no she doesn't.

If it's about heath, she does in a way, but I hate people that push veganism down your throat.

Quick Reply

Latest