The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chiarax213
Who else is being interviewed at Emmanuel College?

Me, Monday the 7th! (Lol that's in two days) How about you? Which course?
Original post by lukejoshjames
Got an interview for maths in 4 days :s-smilie: any last minute tips I should know? Good luck to anyone else with an interview!

Good luck to you, too! (Which college?)

As far as I know, they are looking for confident people, but you also have to be skeptical-- just find the right balance I guess? hahah

Maybe revising some basic formulae would help, so that you don't get stuck on the easier parts of the questions.
Original post by h3110
Guys I feel like I don't know enough about my subject (Land Economy) and I will get rekt in my interview :frown: I know that it has elements of Economics, Law, and Geography, but that's basically the extent of my knowledge. I saw on the Cambridge prospectus that they look for students who have long-term interests in the subject they have applied for, but I have only been interested in Land Economy for a few months. Anyone has any advice for me? Is it worth even going to the interviews?

I really wouldn't worry too much about it. I had my HSPS interview on the 2nd, and I barely knew anything about sociology/ social anthropology. Of course it is worth going to interviews, if it wasn't worth it, they wouldn't have invited you! I spoke to several applicants for land economy at Selwyn (as they were interviewing on the same day), and they pretty much said the same thing as you. Maybe some introductory reading concerning the nature of land economy etc.? But otherwise don't worry. The interviewers are really nice, and they don't ask you specific knowledge related questions; they just want to see if you can think logically/ if you'd be a nice student to teach :smile: Hope it goes well for you! :smile:
Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies
Magdalene
UK

Any advice on what I could potentially expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laesterherz
Me, Monday the 7th! (Lol that's in two days) How about you? Which course?

Wow good luck, I'm the day after on Tuesday. Don't let the Monday blues get to you :tongue: I applied for English, what about you?
Wow good luck, I'm the day after on Tuesday. Don't let the Monday blues get to you :tongue: I applied for English, what about you?

Ah! I'm on the day after that (Wednesday). Good luck to you :biggrin:
Who else is being interviewed at Emmanuel College?

Me on Thursday. Wasn't nervous until people started wishing me good luck and making me think about it and now seeing this thread is making me nervous again
:frown:
Original post by Sparster
Me on Thursday. Wasn't nervous until people started wishing me good luck and making me think about it and now seeing this thread is making me nervous again

Thats why I didnt start checking threads until after my interview
Original post by willemdoom
Thats why I didnt start checking threads until after my interview

How did it go? Well? Badly?
How did it go? Well? Badly?

It went pretty well actually
Original post by willemdoom
It went pretty well actually

Dang nice nice. Good luck.
Medicine interview tomorrow. I'm preparing to get completely rekt by my interviewers.
Original post by BioStudentx
Medicine interview tomorrow. I'm preparing to get completely rekt by my interviewers.

Good luck, medicine sounds really tough
Reply 313
Eep, my interview is tomorrow.

A. HSPS
B. Wolfson College
C. UK (mature student, I'm 25)

I had an interview last year at Newnham which was nerve wracking but really enjoyable too. Just be confident in why you want to study this particular programme, and focus on the knowledge you DO have of the field - I ended up being pooled and fished by St Edmunds because of my age, even though post interview I felt I probably hadn't had enough theoretical knowledge as an adult learner - those of you who are fresh out of education, focus on what you DO know and how it applies to your questions. And aside from that, enjoy and relax!

Good luck everyone x

Maths :biggrin: Good luck to you, too!!

(I'm in Cambridge already-- it's kind of hard to believe that the interview is tomorrow.)
Has anyone done the cambridge law test today? Just wondering what are the essay questions like i know mine will not be the same just want to get myself thinking for a bit xx

It's normal to be a bit nervous, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Thanks, Good luck to you too :h:
Original post by 42Helium
Ah! I'm on the day after that (Wednesday). Good luck to you :biggrin:
Original post by doommiinniikky

You should delete the question, it helps others and you're not allowed to share it.
Original post by doommiinniikky
Had my law interview at Homerton on thursday - just about recovered from the stress! Went ok... answered a Law Test question about ...

Can someone delete quoted post please:

@Lucilou101 @Plagioclase @SlowlorisIncognito @Craghyrax @Minerva @Beska @randdom @Zottula @Neostigmine @Carnationlilyrose @Roving Fish

Latest

Trending

Trending