The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Does anyone have their interview on monday?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by aribery

meeee, 11.15
Reply 582
Original post by millieprime
meeee, 11.15

Ahh nice job man. I wish you the best of luck.
Original post by 5824
Hey:smile: How are you guys preparing for interview?

Hello!

Good luck with your interview! As we're sure you know, KCL Medicine interviews are in the MMI format.

In order to prepare for this style of interview, an important thing to start doing is to practice forming answers to mock questions under short time-frames. You may only have a minute before each MMI station to prepare your answers!

Different stations tend to focus on different aspects, so be sure to do a little research - perhaps Google search interview questions based around the following:

-You could be presented with a set of instructions that describe a situation involving an ethical scenario, which you will then be asked to discuss or try and solve.

-You could be given a scenario involving an actor - for example, you might have to break some bad news to them or gather specific information.

-You may be given a task involving teamwork with other applicants.

-There might be a station where you are asked a traditional interview question or given a reading comprehension exercise. So don't forget to practice the more traditional style questions like "biggest problems facing the NHS", "why you want to study Medicine" and "why you chose KCL" etc.

-You could be given a sheet of data and asked to provide analysis of it - so be sure to be up-to-date on your science/maths syllabuses, and do some practice data-interpretation of graphs! Perhaps ask your biology teachers for some mocks!

There could also be stations on other topics, so don't just focus on the topics listed above.

Remember to also stay up to date with the latest medical news. For instance, see the BBC news health section, NHS news articles and other general articles on the NHS (see this BBC search on NHS articles).

Also, Google search 'Richard Lehman's Weekly Review'. Dr Lehman is a retired GP who writes funny reviews of the latest and most interesting medical journals/papers (you can check them out here).

We've also got a free blog here covering some general top tips for MMI preparation!

Good luck, and feel free to ask us any questions,

The Medic Portal
Original post by thechemistress
You send it to them in a message on King's Portal :h:

How are you preparing for kings interview???
Original post by aribery

me!!! at 10.15 :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by hopefulmedic97
me!!! at 10.15 :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

Same here!! Monday at 10.15 xD
Original post by Don Pedro K.
I'm pretty sure it's integrated, so a mixture of lectures and PBL problems, which I think is really effective :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i thought integrated means having lectures and also clinical experience as opposed to lectures and pbl?
Original post by nerdygeek101
i thought integrated means having lectures and also clinical experience as opposed to lectures and pbl?

Oh that might be right xD Tbh I need to read up a bit more on each uni before I go to the interviews haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhhh. How are you preparing?
Ahhhh. How are you preparing?

Basically just reading through the ISC medical book and then BBC news xD how about you?
Basically just reading through the ISC medical book and then BBC news xD how about you?

Yeh same. Do you know how many stations there are?
Yeh same. Do you know how many stations there are?

No clue, nobody's really said anything about it :/
I am really sorry if this question has been asked before, do you fill the CCD form only if you have any criminal convictions?
Original post by FutureMedic97
I am really sorry if this question has been asked before, do you fill the CCD form only if you have any criminal convictions?

Yeah I think so
Rejection from kings!!

for anyone worried my stats are 2:1 Physiology, AAA a level (no A* when I was at college), 2.5 years healthcare experience 675 UKCAT!

Good luck everyone I cant grumble as have 1 interview!

Monday 10.15 too :tongue: Good luck aha may see you there
Original post by genevievelaw

Me too! So that makes 4 of us so far :P
Original post by genevievelaw

Original post by cyberchibii
Me too! So that makes 4 of us so far :P

Good luck to both of you guys xD do you feel prepared? XD