The Student Room Group

'we're friends' she says: how to get over someone :(

I'm in love with my friend. I keep dreaming about her everyday. But i know she has a lot of male friends and that she is so vague in her relationship status.

She has bombarded me with texts everyday, espically today. I thought my dream came true that when i thought she was hinting today that she has interest of me only to read the text wrong :frown:. She autocorrected herself on the text explaining thats not what she meant lol.

I really want to fight my infatuation with her. I can't take it anymore, i'm now socially awkward around her. I need to fall out of love as clearly this isn't getting anywhere.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What a tease with the text!
Reply 2
Original post by Holydude
What a tease with the text!

I couldn't stop giggling in the library and i was celebrating in the toilet. Only for 2 hours to reassure the whole thing, she said it was a typo. :cry2:
Original post by Anonymous
I couldn't stop giggling in the library and i was celebrating in the toilet. Only for 2 hours to reassure the whole thing, she said it was a typo. :cry2:

What was the type exactly?
Block their number. Possibly don't ever talk to them again if it's that bad.
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
Block their number. Possibly don't ever talk to them again if it's that bad.

I want to but It's not that easy

She's really really attached to me. What happens if i see her randomingly and she asks me 'why did i block her?'
Reply 6
Original post by william walker
What was the type exactly?

we were disccusing about something about showers and then she wrote something like 'you always smell nice' and then she said 'i wouldn't want to marry who smells like ****' so i was thinking she is catching feelings for me.

But it was misread and actually said 'you will smell nice' with the text followed 'if you shower in the morning'
I want to but It's not that easy

She's really really attached to me. What happens if i see her randomingly and she asks me 'why did i block her?'

I suppose you could ask her out and see how that goes.

If it doesn't work, then just explain that you'd like some space and proceed to block her number.

If she's attached, okay, it's difficult, but it's obviously affecting you too much and in this case you need to put yourself before her, otherwise you'll just be stuck and unable to think about anyone else until she does find someone else.
I think you should tell her how you feel and ask her out. If she bombards you with texts everyday, even though she has a lot of male friends - surely that indicates you are special. If you do nothing and she starts dating another person, you will regret it.
Reply 9
Original post by Afro Tail
I think you should tell her how you feel and ask her out. If she bombards you with texts everyday, even though she has a lot of male friends - surely that indicates you are special. If you do nothing and she starts dating another person, you will regret it.

I keep thinking of asking her out but i'm very unpopular in uni and i haven't got enough friends to back up a potential relationship
Reply 10
This story reminds me of myself.

I'm in a similar situation. It's a bit different when you're good friends so I would say, if in doubt, leave it out. So if she doesn't show obvious signs then don't bother.
Stop talking to her and get away from her the friendzone is a delicate place :s-smilie:
Unless we know the ins and outs of your relationship with this girl it would be incredibly hard to give advice on the situation.

You say she is really attached and bombards you with texts. That doesn't mean she wants to date you though, trust me I know that through personal experience.

If you ask her out and it doesn't go the way you want then boom, awkward forever.
If you leave it as it is you're going to have a pretty rough time obviously, as you wouldn't be asking us if you weren't having one.

My advice would be to try and get out there and meet another girl, university is full of them. Might take your mind off of your friend.
Or, even though my advice above was that it might be awkward if she rejects the idea, she might not. If she says yes and actually wants to date you this whole situation might be resolved.
I keep thinking of asking her out but i'm very unpopular in uni and i haven't got enough friends to back up a potential relationship

You don't need friends, if she's your friend that's all that matters.
Original post by ikhan94
Stop talking to her and get away from her the friendzone is a delicate place :s-smilie:

But i often seem to see her in random places
Original post by UWS
This story reminds me of myself.

I'm in a similar situation. It's a bit different when you're good friends so I would say, if in doubt, leave it out. So if she doesn't show obvious signs then don't bother.

What would you say it's the signs?
Reply 16
What would you say it's the signs?

They way she behaves around you. Does she ever flirt with you? Does she treat you differently to other guys?
Original post by UWS
They way she behaves around you. Does she ever flirt with you? Does she treat you differently to other guys?

When i first met her, she followed me around the uni when i asked her a simple question.

Then in later meetings, i started having feelings for her. She is over friendly and too clingy i would say.
Reply 18
When i first met her, she followed me around the uni when i asked her a simple question.

Then in later meetings, i started having feelings for her. She is over friendly and too clingy i would say.

Don't get confused with friendliness and attraction. I think you need to just find out more information about her standing with you. Maybe not directly but just 'test the waters' a little bit. Flirt or reach out and touch her arm and see her reaction
Guys, i think i ruined the friendship :frown:

I drunk text her and now i feel upset. The text was nothing but filled with hatred and jealously. what should i do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending