The Student Room Group

What happens if I never call in not-sick?

Okay so I work for a certain supermarket, (not naming which), and I work Saturdays from 1pm-10pm and Sundays from 12:15pm - 4:15pm.

Last weekend I had a huge killer headache at like 6pm on Satruday so I told my manager who told me to go home, and then I was still feeling awful so I called in sick for the next day.

The way it works for my supermarket is once you've called in sick you need to call in un-sick, then you can start work again.

Truth is, I'm planning to quit this job anyway because honestly working a temporary job while trying to get my academic career together really isn't working out so I wanted to quit anyway, but I don't really have the means to do so right now (e.g. no numbers to call in un-sick, can't go into work without calling un-sick)

I apparently have to give 1 week's notice before I quit anyway, but my question is:

If I never call in un-sick, when will I be fired?
Original post by Skeptyle
Okay so I work for a certain supermarket, (not naming which), and I work Saturdays from 1pm-10pm and Sundays from 12:15pm - 4:15pm.

Last weekend I had a huge killer headache at like 6pm on Satruday so I told my manager who told me to go home, and then I was still feeling awful so I called in sick for the next day.

The way it works for my supermarket is once you've called in sick you need to call in un-sick, then you can start work again.

Truth is, I'm planning to quit this job anyway because honestly working a temporary job while trying to get my academic career together really isn't working out so I wanted to quit anyway, but I don't really have the means to do so right now (e.g. no numbers to call in un-sick, can't go into work without calling un-sick)

I apparently have to give 1 week's notice before I quit anyway, but my question is:

If I never call in un-sick, when will I be fired?

I'm sure you can self certify yourself for 5 days in most places, but after that they will need to see a sick note from your doctor of GP
I wouldn't wait to get fired. If a future employers asks for a reference of your previous boss, you will have to explain why you got fired. They might ask either way why you left your last job. Saying you got fired doesn't sound good.
Reply 3
Agree with miss_mischy, please don't just get fired it will not look good in the future.
Original post by itssammorgan
I'm sure you can self certify yourself for 5 days in most places, but after that they will need to see a sick note from your doctor of GP

Original post by Miss_mischy
I wouldn't wait to get fired. If a future employers asks for a reference of your previous boss, you will have to explain why you got fired. They might ask either way why you left your last job. Saying you got fired doesn't sound good.

Original post by Inexorably
Agree with miss_mischy, please don't just get fired it will not look good in the future.

Okay thank you, I guess I will just have to walk in there then

Quick Reply

Latest