The Student Room Group

Is physical attraction important to you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
couldn't have put it better myself tbh :h:

great minds think alike :five:
Original post by ivy.98
great minds think alike :five:

indeed they do :u:

:five:
Reply 22
Original post by Cherry82
Asexual? Awesome x

Yep.

Not awesome. Ace.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
It's v important to me
The more I think about it, the more I realise no....

Just be slim lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
*insert people talking about how it isn't, when in reality they really would want someone who would actually be nice to look at*
Of course you need to be physically attracted to them...saying that though, great character adds to how attractive they are to you and makes them more physically appealing...
Attraction is a prerequisite to a relationship.
Reply 28
Original post by donutellme
Attraction is a prerequisite to a relationship.

Not really.

I don't feel sexual attraction but I do want to have a romantic relationship. I base whether or not I want a relationship with someone on whether or not we click.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Not really.

I don't feel sexual attraction but I do want to have a romantic relationship. I base whether or not I want a relationship with someone on whether or not we click.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There must be some initial attraction. Not necessarily sexual. At least something physical though.
Reply 30
Original post by donutellme
There must be some initial attraction. Not necessarily sexual. At least something physical though.

Physical attraction is sexual attraction. Either way I don't feel it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on what stages in life you're in, when you get older you have to have more then looks... A good job, a good head on your shoulder, a good influence, provider. When I was younger I liked bad boys that were hot.
Reply 32
Meh. I think for me physical attraction is nurtured a lot by romantic feelings. I think there is probably a "limit", but the bar isn't very high, partly because I don't take great care of myself so can't expect much (I'm not overweight or anything, just lacking exercise and have poor diet which probably doesn't help me..) but honestly I don't think it's a calculated decision made on that basis, more of a gut feeling.
It is important to me, yes
Original post by Cherry82
Guys do you think it's possible to force/ change how you see someone physically? A guy told me I should try and make myself physically attracted to him, that it will come later after some time but I told him I think it's impossible. I've tried and nothing changed. However there are couples where a partner has admitted originally they were not physically attracted to their spouse yet after months/years it changed. I realised later how complex and complicated attraction is.

I think whether you're physically attracted to someone CAN change, but I don't think you can force it to. A sexual attraction to someone can develop, it can take you by surprise, and I do think personality and character has a lot to do with that (I also put a lot of stock in the idea that if you like someone, they'll appear more attractive to you, and if you don't think someone is a nice person, they can start to seem less attractive to you even if they still objectively look the same).

There's an important distinction though, between developing an attraction to someone organically and trying to make it happen. I don't think you can try to cultivate an attraction to someone if you just don't feel it. We can't always explain what makes us attracted to people, but we sure as hell know whether we are or not.
Reply 35
Original post by CoolCavy
well i'm ugly so can't really expect anyone else to be beautiful though it would be nice if they were :colondollar:

preposterous
Original post by K.C
preposterous

what does that mean? :colondollar:
Reply 37
Original post by CoolCavy
what does that mean? :colondollar:

absurd
As long as she's not ugly its cool, personality is more important for me.

Average looks, great personality> Hot with an average personality
Original post by Lord Samosa
As long as she's not ugly its cool, personality is more important for me.

Average looks, great personality> Hot with an average personality

I see you've moved on from only looking for a pulse :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending