Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
fffss
Reply 21
In bros
Original post by PharaohFromSpace
What happened to the other one?

It's reaching it's limit of 500 pages.
Just seen LVG's post match and I actually think I understand what the problem is. People complain he justs sits there writing in his notebook, and I've always thought his eyes seem a tad squinty. He says they could have won the 2nd half despite them clearly being worse. So I actually think he can't see properly and he's confusing the teams, his interpretation of Utd should have won the 2nd is due to those missed sitters, only Murray isn't on his team, he can't see who's wearing which shirts and doesn't remember what direction his team is going in.
In
The 'Give it Giggsy till the end of the season' edition

19 huh... 19! 19! 19! 19!
Hopefully LVG is sacked by the end of this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
IN
First half was decent today, showed more attacking intent but no way was DDG at fault like Redknapp suggested (even saying Courtois would have caught it! Nothing to do with JT being there of course...) but at 1-1, we were OK.

Second half, the levels dropped badly and Bournemouth showed they wanted the points more and innovation at set pieces has to be applauded. Mata needs to do better, sure his stats are good but this was the sort of game to deliver but his poor touch and control didn't help. Had he been subbed today, unlike Tuesday, would have been no complaints. Injuries aside, it seems that LVG wanted a smaller squad and he has got rid of deadwood but out of all them, Hernandez is the one I'd have kept and Wilson. But he seems to have taken it so far the squad depth has collapsed. Rather than trying to be a don chasing Ramos, Woodward should have been identifying and bringing in quality depth.

On LVG, I think the club want top four, end of. If he gets 4th and the FA Cup, I think if Pep wants to come then they'll pull the trigger and change. But the media briefing given by Ed just reads laughable now. He'd be better off preparing for a LVG exit by getting intermediaries to speak to Pep's agent and ask if the City deal is done and if so, discuss with Ancelotti, who by his interview this week, would jump at the chance.
Reply 29
In biches.
Reply 30
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

You thought @Dirtybit You thought!!!

Abuse of power

Reported.
Reply 31
I propose we remove Diry and put Scrawl in charge of the thread.

@zKlown Agree?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Aky786UK
On LVG, I think the club want top four, end of. If he gets 4th and the FA Cup, I think if Pep wants to come then they'll pull the trigger and change. But the media briefing given by Ed just reads laughable now. He'd be better off preparing for a LVG exit by getting intermediaries to speak to Pep's agent and ask if the City deal is done and if so, discuss with Ancelotti, who by his interview this week, would jump at the chance.
He's treading water right now, thats for sure. I've always tried to keep to targets rather than week to week but target wise in the cups he's done poorly, we're out of the CL, and in the league we're now at risk of falling prey to Tottenham and Liverpool. Top 4 is too much of a prize to wait and see what happens. He said 3 straight wins were needed to keep us in the title race. We've got 3 games to play until Jan, Pep is having his talk with Bayern over the Xmas break. If he can't win those 3 games, a standard set by himself, tbh I would be giving Carlo a call. Either way, Pep is having his talk with Bayern over Xmas so Woodward should be all over that anyway. If Pep re-signs and LVG wins those games, then I guess the choice becomes a lot harder.

As said on the last few pages LVG has done some good work here certainly we've more or less refreshed the squad now, but result wise he's hinting at exactly what many suspected would b the case and has been the case at previous clubs. He's the manager people talk about laying the foundations not a manager who wins with what he builds. Got rid of plenty of the surplus players and brought in/through some prospects, plus obviously players like Smalling have flourished. Perhaps he's done all he can, and with a managerial situation in this league getting more competitive by the minute, think Klopp and potentially Pep, I think the club needs to be ruthless.
Reply 33
Diry
Reply 34
Apparently I'm "in charge' of this thread now lolololol
Original post by Dirtybit
Abuse of power

Reported.

Edited it :colone: I just wanted to post that for lols :h:

Pls, you and Difeo, unconstructive posts constitute a breach of guidelines. Reported.

--------------------------------
Anyway, yeah Hernandez really shouldn't have been let go and I'm not just saying this in light of his recent hatrick. It's just not logical to expect the likes of Lingard to carry the weight. It was a dry and dreary performance, second half especially. You attacked well in some parts but the Bournemouth defence really did the dirty work today, besides its not a very good advantage when all your attacking opportunities fell to Fellaini. Disappointed in Depay, with Rooney out, he and Martial should really be going from strength to strength.

It is quite amusing because in the summer, admittedly a lot of teams would have been looking at your recruitments and thought you'd run away with the league or at least mount a strong challenge. If not either of those then at least it's expected that you win games like last night's comfortably.

I wonder how far LVG's excuse of "It's a progress" will get him.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest