The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raymat
Eid can be any time of the year.

Well that is problematic.
Reply 61
It would be good to have another holiday to get drunk.
Original post by eoe
I am not mad.
Swearing is absolutely natural

Swearing is not natural.
Reply 63
Original post by PrincessZara
Swearing is not natural.

Neither is makeup but ya all still do it:dontknow:
Original post by ssdizzy12
Yes! Dubai is a muslim country, yet every christmas they have christmas lights and christmas tress decorated in very mall. Plus they spent 11 million dollars just on a tree..
Why shouldn't England do the same for other religions

Dubai is a bad choice for your arguement. Duabi is a an international business and tourism hub. Its whole purpose is pretty much to bring in foreign people and money - so it is perfectly logical that they would "decorate the halls" so to speak
Swearing is not natural.

It is as natural as language, and animals have functionally equivalent behaviour.
Original post by intelligent con
In order to combat islamophobia is it time to make eid a bank holiday for everyone in britain? It would make people realise the positives of islam if they got a day off work for it.

A day off for muslims means that all other religions in the uk should get a national day for their holiday too . The uk is a christan majority country and regardless has all faiths incorporated into their traditions

Plus muslim countries like saudia arabia dont have days off for the minority christains and jews etc
Original post by eoe

I didn't say it was. And no i don't
Reply 68
I didn't say it was. And no i don't

MashAllah! you are natural beauty .....
Original post by eoe
MashAllah! you are natural beauty .....

was just kidding. I do. :vroam:

Spoiler

Original post by eoe

Best comeback I have heard in long time. 10/10 would read again.
I don't agree with it, but I wouldn't mind another day sleeping in.
Original post by silverbolt
Dubai is a bad choice for your arguement. Duabi is a an international business and tourism hub. Its whole purpose is pretty much to bring in foreign people and money - so it is perfectly logical that they would "decorate the halls" so to speak

Pretty sure England's motive is to " bring in foreign people and money" as-well...
Either way doesn't change the fact that it's a muslim country that's basically celebrates a Christian celebration. Don't understand what the problem would be if England celebrated other religious celebrations too.
Original post by ssdizzy12
Pretty sure England's motive is to " bring in foreign people and money" as-well...
Either way doesn't change the fact that it's a muslim country that's basically celebrates a Christian celebration. Don't understand what the problem would be if England celebrated other religious celebrations too.

The UK has an indigenous population of over 60 million 87% are white, with only 2% Asian. compare that to Dubai where at most 15% are UAE natives. It is two completely separate entities with different demographics and culture.

Where do you stop? The Wiccan religion has 8 major sabbats? Can my faith have national holidays for them to?

There are 16 in Buddhism - how about them too?

32 in Hinduism - how about them?

The Sikhs? The Jews?

Why should Islam get the special treatment?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 74
No. Because it means nothing to 95.7% of the population.You can take the day off if u want but I'm not

Latest