The Student Room Group

I am actually scared of ISIS now

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h.dan
So you're saying every terrorist in the world is a Muslim? Do you live under a rock or what?

pretty much - 99% or something as high as that.
Original post by BookBird
It's okay, Linda will save us.

great job on blurring Ms Glocke's name

:rofl:

:ninja:
Original post by sleepysnooze
why are they always muslim terrorists

They're not. The IRA caused devastation in recent history and the people who committed the 7/7 attacks were third generation British. Furthermore, the fact these terrorists are Muslim, does not mean you have the right to denounce ALL muslims. Have some respect.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DedicatedWizard
Going to CERN early next year, I'm actually worried coz most of my fellow students are Muslims. I'm rather nervous about how we are going to be treated over there tbh and all the extra security checks I'm certain we're going to go through :frown:

I am actually half afraid that we won't even be allowed in :s-smilie:

Nothing is going to happen!
Isis wants you to be scared. You're giving them victory by being scared. Instead, live your life as normal without even thinking about them.
Original post by h.dan
So you're saying every terrorist in the world is a Muslim? Do you live under a rock or what?

lol I bet he lives in his bedroom, in fear of us 'murderous Muslims' :rofl:
Reply 26

And can I ask how you have come to this conclusion? Media? Thought so.

The media wants to oppress Muslims if you haven't realised. Ever since 9/11 this has happened, the media has said all Muslims are terrible, Muslims are terrorists, they aren't.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-muslims-carried-out-more-than-90-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619
http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/10-worst-terror-attacks-extreme-christians-and-far-right-white-men

There's loads more too. You need to really do some research before you start typing ignorant theories.
Original post by Johann von Gauss
lol I bet he lives in his bedroom, in fear of us 'murderous Muslims' :rofl:

Lmaoooooo
Fear is their greatest weapon. We must stay strong in the faces of our adversaries.

FOR THE EMPIRE!
Reply 28
oh gosh guys...

Original post by DedicatedWizard
Going to CERN early next year, I'm actually worried coz most of my fellow students are Muslims. I'm rather nervous about how we are going to be treated over there tbh and all the extra security checks I'm certain we're going to go through :frown:

I am actually half afraid that we won't even be allowed in :s-smilie:

yeah same! well i might not go but i know atleast 4 others are going for A level physics and they're all muslim including both our teachers (one has a great big bushy beard but the other looks like Toto Wolf so you'd never guess!) :/
Original post by Johann von Gauss
The IRA? Free french? Israel? KKK? Are these people muslim??

Fascist bigot

1) the IRA I'll give you, even though their attacks are very rare these days.
2) "free french"? what?
3) israel? what about them? is a nation not allowed to defend itself from terrorists like hamas? do you consider counter-terrorism "terrorism"? I don't know what to even tell you if you're telling me israel isn't even allowed to defend itself without being terrorists
4) the KKK aren't "terrorists". at least not now and not for the last 70/80 years. they're just racists.
I'm surprised you didn't give me the ALF too but fair enough, give me *other* white-boy terrorist groups (at least some of them were)

"fascist bigot"?
I'll have to stop you there and inform you that "fascist" isn't another word for "racist" or "person I hate" - it actually has a meaning beyond a meaningless buzzword-iness. it's an ideology which is centred around corporatism, ultra-nationalism, militarism and authoritarianism. I'm a believer in precisely none of those. not even 1.
Reply 30

An FBI study looking at terrorism committed on U.S. soil between 1980 and 2005 found that 94 percent of the terror attacks were committed by non-Muslims. In actuality, 42 percent of terror attacks were carried out by Latino-related groups, followed by 24 percent perpetrated by extreme left-wing actors.

#justsayin
Original post by h.dan
And can I ask how you have come to this conclusion? Media? Thought so.

okay then, tell me what % of terrorist attack are non-muslim, and tell me *your* source which can't be construed as "the media" (and by the way, internet, broadcast and print = the media - you've kind of shot yourself in the foot here.)
Original post by z33
An FBI study looking at terrorism committed on U.S. soil between 1980 and 2005 found that 94 percent of the terror attacks were committed by non-Muslims. In actuality, 42 percent of terror attacks were carried out by Latino-related groups, followed by 24 percent perpetrated by extreme left-wing actors.

#justsayin

1) source?
2) in what country? or are you referring to the world? because already I'm sniffing a load of bull**** from you.
Original post by BookBird
It's okay, Linda will save us.

Original post by ivybridge
They're not. The IRA caused devastation in recent history and the people who committed the 7/11 attacks were third generation British. Furthermore, the fact these terrorists are Muslim, does not mean you have the right to denounce ALL muslims. Have some respect.

the "7/11" attacks? :lol: oh dear, not that! my favourite convenience store!
"third generation british" - yeah, 3rd gen british *muslims*. if you meant 7/7.
and the IRA *did* cause damage, but not for a very long time.
Reply 35
okay then, tell me what % of terrorist attack are non-muslim, and tell me *your* source which can't be construed as "the media" (and by the way, internet, broadcast and print = the media - you've kind of shot yourself in the foot here.)

You're just using prime sources of media actually, i.e. the news, a limited amount of websites etc.

I've actually done some extensive research towards the subject and have had a look at other people's opinions towards such terrorist attacks and the oppression of Muslims in society.

You're really living up to your profile name mate. Sleepy snooze is what you are, you've not taken a large enough interest in the matter to come up with a suitable argument that is even slightly valid. Yes, terrorists are Muslims. No, not ALL terrorists are Muslims.

And by the way, you've shot yourself in both feet. This is an actual study with regards to terrorist attacks in the US from 1980-2005.

You seriously need to look into the situation more before opening your mouth as everything that you are saying here is just void.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
The beheading videos weren't enough to scare you? Well, you're hard to please aren't you?

They didn't scare me.

The probability of me dying from ISIS are still far less than e.g. a car crash.

If they were to do a terrorist attack here, they'd probably do it in e.g. London, and I don't live in London.
That still makes the chances in London low from how big London is.
Reply 38
Original post by eoe
I believe in Linda
I hope you are not mocking her!:dry:

By the looks of her, the only thing that Linda is going to be destroying is a bacon cheeseburger
Original post by h.dan
You're just using prime sources of media actually, i.e. the news, a limited amount of websites etc.

I've actually done some extensive research towards the subject and have had a look at other people's opinions towards such terrorist attacks and the oppression of Muslims in society.

You're really living up to your profile name mate. Sleepy snooze is what you are, you've not taken a large enough interest in the matter to come up with a suitable argument that is even slightly valid. Yes, terrorists are Muslims. No, not ALL terrorists are Muslims.

And by the way, you've shot yourself in both feet. This is an actual study with regards to terrorist attacks in the US from 1980-2005.

You seriously need to look into the situation more before opening your mouth as everything that you are saying here is just void.

1) where'd you get the pie chart from?
2) how did that source, if it exists, define "terrorist"? I'd find it rather useless in defining a drug cartel a "terrorist" group.
3) oh wow, you made fun of my name, you must be a genius or something - well done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending