The Student Room Group

Is Makeup a turn off or turn on? girls n guys post

Scroll to see replies

If no women wore make-up, guys would be forced to fall for their natural beauty, not someone pretending to be someone else
Reply 21
Original post by Holydude
My GF never wears foundation, just eye liner & lipstick. I think she fine!

do you think she looks better with or without? :redface:
I've only really dated one boy who wore some makeup but it was so, so, so, discrete that it didn't make a difference to anything. He only wore a little bit of lip gloss, which I didn't notice. Generally though, sometimes eye makeup can look amazing on boys but I don't tend to find made-up boys attractive - I don't think it suits males generally. I also prefer quite masculine men (not that makeup is effeminate but it does tend to give off a sort of emasculated feel). This is all general though, I'm not set-against dating someone who wears make up.

For girls, I think natural makeup looks lovely. I think heavily made-up girls look, generally, quite awful as, even if the makeup is generally in keeping with their skin tone, you can often see the mark wear the makeup ends and meets the clear skin. It just doesn't look too great but I don't know, I don't have particularly strong opinions on it - wear what you like.
Reply 23
Original post by anitax
What makeup do you like?

make-up looks great on a girl, however us guy prefer a girl who looks beautiful without make-up than with. I know its cliché but personally is key. Also depends how much makeup.

hope I helped :tongue:
When girls cake their faces with make up its just disgusting (esp overdoing it with fake eyelashes etc.).

Very little make up is fine....i prefer my girls natural :smile:
I looooove makeup

It's too much though if it starts transferring to your clothing though...unless you're dark-skinned like myself then it transfers to everything, even the air. :rofl:
Reply 26
I prefer none.

Original post by anitax
Post a bit :smile:

When you take less than 10 minutes.
not when it is all slimy looking but a little bit (on people who aren't me) can look excellent :smile:
Nothing better than lipstick :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A little goes a long way; the closer a person is to their natural state, the better.
I think the whole point of makeup is to enhance one or two features, not to build an entirely different face (like I've seen some people do).
Little bit is a turn on but when they look like their skin is the material that forms a moth's wings but skin coloured then no.
Original post by Changing Skies
Nothing better than lipstick :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clearly never scored a 35yd volley
Reply 32
Stylishly done it can be very exciting. And with your partner or on a date it also shows a girl is making an effort for you which is nice. But I think it is not necessary all the while and if excessive it has the opposite effect.
Girlfriend wears no makeup :h: she looks great without it :lovehug:
Original post by anitax
Post a bit :smile:

??
Reply 35
Original post by hejraat
??

link a picture of what you mean by a bit :biggrin:
Girls without any makeup is the reason why homosexuals exist. Never seen a girl without makeup who is more than 6.
Original post by 0123456543210
Girls without any makeup is the reason why homosexuals exist. Never seen a girl without makeup who is more than 6.

That's the problem, if women didn't wear make-up, you wouldn't have this false impression of what a '10' looks like because every women would be make-up less. We would all be forced to find women attractive for who they actually are, not the false impressions they force upon us.
There are certain make up styles I adore. There are those I don't like. They often tend to go hand-in-hand with personality types/interests I like/don't like, so while some attraction comes from the make up itself, it's also about the connotations that it has. For example, I adore vintage-style make up - red lips, winged eyeliner, pale skin tone and the like; this goes hand in hand with my interest in vintage clothing, something that is often shared between myself and my partners, so it shows a similarity as well as just generally looking lovely. But then if everyone wore the same kind of make up, the world would be an incredibly boring place. It's much nicer letting people do what they want, because then you can see a bit of what each person is like rather than just conforming to the masses,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending