The Student Room Group

why is fast food in the UK so crap?

Scroll to see replies

We have two Taco Bells here in Sheffield. There's also Five Guys in Milton Keynes and Nottingham, although I can't eat there due to my peanut allergy
Rip your body fat % @op
Original post by Straighthate
in america they have:
-five guys
-chipotle
-wendys
-taco bell

and we are stuck with crappy kfc, bk and mc d

And that is why they are more obese than we are.
in america they have:
-five guys
-chipotle
-wendys
-taco bell

Dude, how dare you diss our great British fast-food establishments.
Did you forget we have:
Chicken Cottage
Sam's chicken and his cousin Zam's chicken
and much much more!
(edited 8 years ago)
Fast food by definition is crap.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
UK food is generally terrible.

No its not you just don't know how to cook or you buy **** food.
Reply 27
in america they have:
-five guys
-chipotle
-wendys
-taco bell

Add obesity to that list. People here are less bothered about fast food than in USA.
But fast food is crap. That's the whole idea.

To be honest, I'm glad I gave it up...
Original post by Al-farhan
Dude, how dare you diss our great British fast-food establishments.
Did you forget we have:
Chicken Cottage
Sam's chicken and his cousin Zam's chicken
and much much more!

repped for chicken cottage
Britain has a million excellent chip shops but people want Taco Bell and other ****e... Very strange.
Original post by kka25
I don't get why people eat Tacos really :erm:

Why wouldn't they, they're delicious. With chicken though not beef.
Original post by BookBird
UK has Nandos.... I think they win. Tastes better than everything else, although I haven't tasted any of the food from those American fast food restaurants.

Nandos is overrated and a little expensive IMO.
UK food is generally terrible.

Fish and chips is good.
Original post by Vikingninja
Fish and chips is good.
To be honest when I first came to the UK I was let down by the fish and chips - the cod used in the UK is very dry compared to the cod (actually just the Patagonian Dogfish AKA Chilean Seabass rebranded as a nicer-sounding fish) where I came from. The batter and chips aren't bad though.
To be honest when I first came to the UK I was let down by the fish and chips - the cod used in the UK is very dry compared to the cod (actually just the Patagonian Dogfish AKA Chilean Seabass rebranded as a nicer-sounding fish) where I came from. The batter and chips aren't bad though.

Depends for me. In pubs I love it but at shops and restaurants (not ones which double as pubs) are not as good.
Original post by super_kawaii
We have two Taco Bells here in Sheffield. There's also Five Guys in Milton Keynes and Nottingham, although I can't eat there due to my peanut allergy

The taco bells are so bland tho

You must have gone to an exceptionally **** chippy, I've never had 'dry' cod from a chippy before.
Original post by Vikingninja
Depends for me. In pubs I love it but at shops and restaurants (not ones which double as pubs) are not as good.
That's someone true for me too! Fish and Chips are perhaps one of the more value-for-money and safe-bet dishes in pubs. But elsewhere they aren't worth the price.
Original post by Use Err Name
The taco bells are so bland tho

Bland is the last word I'd use to describe them! They're so good!

Quick Reply

Latest