The Student Room Group

All religion needs to be banned.

Scroll to see replies

Not every religion promotes violence. Did you know that only 7% of all wars have been because of religion?
Original post by AlwaysWatching
Agreed,

Vote for Enoch Powell.

i'll pass. I actually have money.
Original post by william walker
Can anyone else smell that? It smells like a disgusting, ugly troll.

Pot - kettle - black.
Reply 23
Original post by chantalc
you make 0 sense mate

How do I not make sense?

Take a no-nonsense attitude against these lunatics that want to waste their time praying to a fake sky-daddy.

If I went outside and started talking to an imaginary being I would be thrown into a mental home- what is the difference here?
Original post by Hydeman
Not to endorse the ignorance of the OP, but this is pretty ignorant in itself.

how?
Original post by realatheist
Religion is responsible for the deaths of billions throughout human history and its time to put a stop to it.

These terrorist attacks are all a results of religion- the attackers are following their corresponding religions book to the core.

Its time for every decent society to put a stop to all religion and punish these morons that still believe in retarded sky daddies.

Atheism; you're doing it wrong.
Original post by Bill_Gates
i'll pass. I actually have money.

Enoch was right
Reply 27
Original post by Roadman123
Who said i would attack you? I just showed an emoji to express my feelings..

You hinted at violence and you know you did.

Was that a emo of a stabbing- Did you learn that in bible class?
Reply 28
Original post by Jagraj16
Not every religion promotes violence. Did you know that only 7% of all wars have been because of religion?

Where did you get that made up statistic from?
Reply 29
how?

lol are you trying to tell me that these Muslim terrorist would still be terrorist if religion didn't exist?

Is that what you telling me?
You hinted at violence and you know you did.

Was that a emo of a stabbing- Did you learn that in bible class?

Lol sorry to tell you this but i am a pacifist<<<i learnt that from bible classes though.
lol are you trying to tell me that these Muslim terrorist would still be terrorist if religion didn't exist?

Is that what you telling me?

not specifically muslim terrorists, but there still would be terrorists.
[video="youtube;jclPWidTfak"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jclPWidTfak[/video]
Bet you were one of the ones who cried free speech and freedom of expression after Charlie Hebdo.
Reply 34
Original post by Roadman123
Lol sorry to tell you this but i am a pacifist<<<i learnt that from bible classes though.

Your picture and comments says differently.
how?

Depending on the religion being talked about, there are plenty of calls to violence to be found in religious texts. The unquestionable belief in the truth of these texts, mandated by quite a few important religions, is arguably the direct cause of most religious violence.

It's misleading to say, as you did, that religion has nothing to do with religious violence and that all such violence can be attributed to people who are inherently bad and deliberately decide to use religion to justify their actions.

Like I said, the OP is talking nonsense, but what you've said isn't particularly enlightened either. :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 36
not specifically muslim terrorists, but there still would be terrorists.

But not nearly as much.
Reply 37
Original post by Hydeman
Depending on the religion being talked about, there are plenty of calls to violence to be found in religious texts. The unquestionable belief in the truth of these texts, mandated by quite a few religions, is arguably a direct cause of most religious violence.

It's misleading to say, as you did, that religion has nothing to do with religious violence and that all such violence can be attributed to people who are inherently bad and deliberately decide to use religion to justify their actions.

Like I said, the OP is talking nonsense, but what you've said isn't particularly enlightened either. :wink:

How am I talking nonsense?

Please point out what I said that is wrong in my op.
Reply 38
Original post by Mad_Cat_Lady
[video="youtube;jclPWidTfak"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jclPWidTfak[/video]

lol you attempt at getting reps failed.
Your picture and comments says differently.

To bad you judged me from a picture and a comment. Maybe i could enlighten you on discrimination but i would of thought R.e lessons were enough.

Quick Reply

Latest