The Student Room Group

All religion needs to be banned.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by realatheist
How do I not make sense?

Take a no-nonsense attitude against these lunatics that want to waste their time praying to a fake sky-daddy.

If I went outside and started talking to an imaginary being I would be thrown into a mental home- what is the difference here?

Just because you don't agree with religion and you dont personally understand it, doesnt mean millions of other people cant follow it, I am an atheist but have no problem with people peacefully practicing their faith

Original post by Hydeman
Depending on the religion being talked about, there are plenty of calls to violence to be found in religious texts. The unquestionable belief in the truth of these texts, mandated by quite a few important religions, is arguably the direct cause of most religious violence.

It's misleading to say, as you did, that religion has nothing to do with religious violence and that all such violence can be attributed to people who are inherently bad and deliberately decide to use religion to justify their actions.

Like I said, the OP is talking nonsense, but what you've said isn't particularly enlightened either. :wink:

obviously religion has everything to do with religious violence, but I had the impression OP was talking about violence in general
Original post by RayApparently
Well we can't get rid 'political divisions'. I said 'unnecessary' not 'unjustified'.

It's not about blaming religion, its about transcending it.

So despite the US creating Al-Qaeda and funding ISIS to fight the Russians and Osama Bin Laden being trained by the CIA, still religion's fault?
How am I talking nonsense?

Please point out what I said that is wrong in my op.

Your OP is a straw man
Reply 63
Original post by Amankhanhussain
what rubbish. who nuked japan . was that religious people . who attacked iraq, afghanistan . created deadly mujahids taliban. to fight their proxy wars. when al-qauda and now ISIS backfired and then labelled them as threats for humanity .bro you mind has been programmed by these jerks . look around .and you will see who is responsible for all the deaths //

America nuked Japan after Japan attacked pearl harbour which they done during a war that was started by religion.

America attacked the middle east after they were attacked by religious nutcases.
Original post by Jagraj16
So despite the US creating Al-Qaeda and funding ISIS to fight the Russians and Osama Bin Laden being trained by the CIA, still religion's fault?

I never mentioned Al-Qaeda, the USA, ISIS, Russia, Osama Bin Laden or the CIA. Did you quote me by accident or something?
Reply 65
Original post by chantalc
Just because you don't agree with religion and you dont personally understand it, doesnt mean millions of other people cant follow it, I am an atheist but have no problem with people peacefully practicing their faith

obviously religion has everything to do with religious violence, but I had the impression OP was talking about violence in general

I don't agree with the murderers and superiority that religion encourages. You have no problem with the millions of deaths caused and encouraged by religion?
Reply 66
Original post by StrawbAri
Your OP is a straw man

Explain yourself.
what rubbish. who nuked japan . was that religious people . who attacked iraq, afghanistan . created deadly mujahids taliban. to fight their proxy wars. when al-qauda and now ISIS backfired and then labelled them as threats for humanity .bro you mind has been programmed by these jerks . look around .and you will see who is responsible for all the deaths //

lmao all those US presidents where Christians :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Lets just release murderers then. Why ban murder- we can just ban everything we don't like according to you. :rolleyes:

Just go do some coloring in child and stay away from threads that are too intelligent for you

:toofunny:

Clearly you're a big fan of purposely twisting what I said to suit your own purposes.
And then you immediately switch to calling a person unintelligent when you don't really know how exactly to counter my post.
Original post by RayApparently
I never mentioned Al-Qaeda, the USA, ISIS, Russia, Osama Bin Laden or the CIA. Did you quote me by accident or something?

No, I was genuinely using them as a basis for my argument. Considering everyone is blaming ISIS, thought it'd be reasonable to bring it up. The real terrorists are the superpowers, which eventually boils down to average men like ourselves to play the blame game. If I'm honest, I'm sure you're a good man, but these discussions aren't going to end any time soon, someone will always come back with another argument.
I don't agree with the murderers and superiority that religion encourages. You have no problem with the millions of deaths caused and encouraged by religion?

where did you get that from? of course I have a problem with that, but imo, there will always be murderers, dictators and general badness in the world with or without religion, people will just find different ways to 'justify' their beliefs.
Original post by Zargabaath
lmao all those US presidents where Christians :rofl::rofl::rofl:

but they were not religious . and they never killed for religious matter. just for f***ing power.
Reply 72
Original post by StrawbAri
:toofunny:

Clearly you're a big fan of purposely twisting what I said to suit your own purposes.
And then you immediately switch to calling a person unintelligent when you don't really know how exactly to counter my post.

You the one that said we can't ban everything we don't like

So I simply asked does that mean we can't ban murder if we don't like it?

And you have failed to answer the question because you realise you can't win with either answer- if you say yes then everyone will see you a the nutjob you are, if you say no- then you are just a moronin hypocrite.

So whats best for you- being a nutjob or moronic hypocrite?
Reply 73
Original post by chantalc
where did you get that from? of course I have a problem with that, but imo, there will always be murderers, dictators and general badness in the world with or without religion, people will just find different ways to 'justify' their beliefs.

You said you have no problem religion.

religion = violence and war.

So you indirectly saying you have no problem with violence and war.
America nuked Japan after Japan attacked pearl harbour which they done during a war that was started by religion.

America attacked the middle east after they were attacked by religious nutcases.

baby. if someone kill for love . will you ban love. who will be responsible . for the death . of course the one who kills not love. same as here . americans should be punished . not religion .
Explain yourself.

You have conflated all religion into one category without regard for the many many religions that have not affected the world in a negative way at all just so you can further your own argument.

You cannot ban religion. You can't criminalize thoughts. How would you know if someone is practicing a religion or not?
How would the ban be enforced?

Also you haven't responded to @Hydeman's response to you.
You said you have no problem religion.

religion = violence and war.

So you indirectly saying you have no problem with violence and war.

my point was not all wars and violence is based on religion and it would still happen if religion somehow magically disappeared. at no point did i say i dont have a problem with violence and war
You the one that said we can't ban everything we don't like

So I simply asked does that mean we can't ban murder if we don't like it?

And you have failed to answer the question because you realise you can't win with either answer- if you say yes then everyone will see you a the nutjob you are, if you say no- then you are just a moronin hypocrite.

So whats best for you- being a nutjob or moronic hypocrite?

You're doing it again :rolleyes:
Murder and religion aren't the same thing.
Murder isn't even 'banned' so to speak. It's against the law. You are illegally taking a person's life.
Practicing a religion isn't the same thing as murdering someone. You can't criminalize that.
You can murder someone because of religion and you'll still face the same fate as someone who murdered for other reasons

Your logic is faulty

:rolleyes:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 78
baby. if someone kill for love . will you ban love. who will be responsible . for the death . of course the one who kills not love. same as here . americans should be punished . not religion .

love doesn't encourage killing.
wars-pie-chart.jpgdon't say what other people say. use your own mind bro. .

Quick Reply

Latest