The Student Room Group

All religion needs to be banned.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
First post/thread created: 1 hour ago.
Username: realatheist

Yes, you're totally not a troll trying to give atheists a bad name...

So because I joined today that makes me a troll?

Do you believe every new member is a troll?

But wait you were a new member once- so does that mean you were a troll?

Just because you don't agree with my opinion it doesn't mean I am a troll.
Original post by chantalc
genuinely cannot be asked to argue anymore, its killing my brain cells trying to understand you

I don't think you even had any brain cells to begin with.

You saying that religion shouldn't be banned because only a few kill others is the exact same logic these gun loveing nuts in the US are using- ' you can't take away my guns- only a few have killed and destroyed many lives'.
Terrorism has no religion. Period.
Original post by realatheist
I don't think you even had any brain cells to begin with.

You saying that religion shouldn't be banned because only a few kill others is the exact same logic these gun loveing nuts in the US are using- ' you can't take away my guns- only a few have killed and destroyed many lives'.

bit rich from someone who wants to ban religion...and i said that banning religion wouldn't stop violence.
Original post by nightwing51214
Terrorism has no religion. Period.

The killers in paris last month are called terrorist and their had a religion.

So please logically tell me how terrorism has no religion?
bit rich from someone who wants to ban religion...and i said that banning religion wouldn't stop violence.

It wouldn't stop violence but it would decrease it.

So yyou saying we shouldn't try and prevent violence as much as possible because we won't stop it completely?

Seriously are you on crack or something? :s-smilie:
Religion promotes murder- what do you not understand about that?

Religions creates disjoint groups which creates tension and leads to violence between these said groups.

You do realise that you are throwing insults- calling me immature is an insult- you did know that right.

So you complain about me insulting you when you insult me too haha- are you proud of being a hypocrite?

Firstly, I called you immature because all you've done is throw around names for no particular reason and you haven't actually responded to any of my posts properly so I have nothing to go on.

Secondly, you're still straw manning religion. stop using religion as an umbrella term for extremism. Clearly not all religion causes violence. What violence has Scientology or Wicca caused? That's basically my qualm with you but you were too busy making crazy comparisons and calling me names to realize that. I'm not a big fan of abrahamic religions (note I said abrahamic) either and I play my part by challenging ridiculous dogma and encouraging people to ask questions. Rather than stooping to their level and trying to force things on others like your 'ban religion' advocacy.

Thirdly, you haven't answered my question
(edited 8 years ago)
The killers in paris last month are called terrorist and their had a religion.

So please logically tell me how terrorism has no religion?

Errrm... they 'claim' to be Muslim but millions of Muslims say they're not because they follow no teachings of the actual religion?

Seriously, your argument is just stupid. If we applied your logic to every disastrous event in history then pretty much all major religions would be banned. Because there will always be a bunch of insane people who 'claim' to belong to a religion but technically don't, since they practice none of the teachings of that religion at all.
lol using a chart produced by religious lovers.

research by yourself babe. find out the statistics of war over the reasons/.
Original post by StrawbAri
Firstly, I called you immature because all you've done is throw around names for no particular reason and you haven't actually responded to any of my posts properly so I have nothing to go on.

Secondly, you're still straw manning religion. stop using religion as an umbrella term for extremism. Clearly not all religion causes violence. What violence has Scientology or Wicca caused? That's basically my qualm with you but you were too busy making crazy comparisons and calling me names to realize that. I'm not a big fan of abrahamic religions (note I said abrahamic) either and I play my part by challenging ridiculous dogma and encouraging people to ask questions. Rather than stooping to their level and trying to force things on others like your 'ban religion' advocacy.

Thirdly, you haven't answered my question

Clearly religion encourages violence- how can you not see this?
They have caused none but many others have.

i know you qualm is saying that not everyone that follows religion is violent but religion still encourages it and it is a major problem in society that must be dealt with.

What was your third question?
Original post by Hydeman
First post/thread created: 1 hour ago.
Username: realatheist

Yes, you're totally not a troll trying to give atheists a bad name...

I kind of knew this but still let myself get baited :/
I don't even think I'm making sense anymore :lol:
Original post by nightwing51214
Errrm... they 'claim' to be Muslim but millions of Muslims say they're not because they follow no teachings of the actual religion?

Seriously, your argument is just stupid. If we applied your logic to every disastrous event in history then pretty much all major religions would be banned. Because there will always be a bunch of insane people who 'claim' to belong to a religion but technically don't, since they practice none of the teachings of that religion at all.

How are they not muslim? They fundamentally followed the quran. Infact, if anything, they are more muslim than anyone else.

Thats what should happen- all major religion needs banned.
Original post by Amankhanhussain
research by yourself babe. find out the statistics of war over the reasons/.

Please don't call me babe. :angry:
Original post by StrawbAri
I kind of knew this but still let myself get baited :/
I don't even think I'm making sense anymore :lol:

I am not a troll.

And for the record- you never made sense in the first place anyway.
So because I joined today that makes me a troll?

Do you believe every new member is a troll?

But wait you were a new member once- so does that mean you were a troll?

Just because you don't agree with my opinion it doesn't mean I am a troll.

he is actually not insulting you. he is insulting a troll . LOL
It wouldn't stop violence but it would decrease it.

So yyou saying we shouldn't try and prevent violence as much as possible because we won't stop it completely?

Seriously are you on crack or something? :s-smilie:

banning religion won't stop violence, it would probably increase it, and oh dear you found out my little secret:indiff:
So what have I said that is wrong?

You really trying to tell me that religion isn't responsible for billions of deaths throughout history?

Religion isn't the problem. It's those idiotic individuals who commit these atrocious acts in the name of religion that are the problem.
You'll actually find that there are perhaps more benefits to religion in general, like a sense of community, or promoting tolerance. Like I said in my former point, it isn't religion, it's the few individuals hiding behind the religion.
banning religion won't stop violence, it would probably increase it, and oh dear you found out my little secret:indiff:

Banning religion would decrease violence crack girl.
Original post by PoliticsStu
Religion isn't the problem. It's those idiotic individuals who commit these atrocious acts in the name of religion that are the problem.
You'll actually find that there are perhaps more benefits to religion in general, like a sense of community, or promoting tolerance. Like I said in my former point, it isn't religion, it's the few individuals hiding behind the religion.

Religion is the problem.
not specifically muslim terrorists, but there still would be terrorists.

here is something for you to look at

7/7=Muslim
9/11=Muslim+Bush=No WTC
Madrid train bombing= muslim
Isis= muslim
Al Queda = muslim
Lee Rigby's murderers = muslim

See the trend? Some argue they are not muslims because Allah this Allah that but the truth is despite Allah disowning sinners they was born muslims. What do they sing when ISIS do an attack "Allah Iqbal" Allah Iqbal song. If you fail to see that Islam is religion enriched with terrorists you are a fool.

Quick Reply

Latest