The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NOP97
I got rejected from UCL due to my LNAT too, you're not alone!

Wow...why is UCL that harsh when it comes to the LNAT :frown: Wish you all the best!
And when did you send your application? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 681
Original post by Bobkata
Wow...why is UCL that harsh when it comes to the LNAT :frown: Wish you all the best!
And when did you send your application? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oct 13th
Original post by lovecathy
Got one! :3 Good luck with your interview!

Hi there. English isn't my first language as well and I thought I would struggle with the LNAT because of that. Pretty sure I didn't do that well, with the Oxford rejection and all.. But honestly, don't beat yourself up over it. A rejection from UCL doesn't have to mean a bad performance on the LNAT - maybe it was just because a lot of international applicants received offers for Law a couple of weeks ago and they figure they have enough of them by now or maybe you didn't pick the right essay question or there was one tiny detail in your personal statement the tutors didn't like. When it comes to such competitive universities, you never really know why - it could have a lot of small, seemingly unimportant reasons you weren't responsible for. When it came to Oxford, I was so sure I did everything I could have done and eventually, I was still rejected just like that. It just happens.
You've got an offer from an amazing uni, so you obviously did everything right and I'm sure you'll receive some more good news soon :smile:

Uuuuh I'm also an international applicant for UCL law, and I haven't heard back from them yet (applied on Oct 15th). So I don't think they have finished giving out offers to international applicants yet at all. Also: the LNAT was (I think) one of the stronger parts of my application.
Original post by coalesce
Uuuuh I'm also an international applicant for UCL law, and I haven't heard back from them yet (applied on Oct 15th). So I don't think they have finished giving out offers to international applicants yet at all. Also: the LNAT was (I think) one of the stronger parts of my application.

Don't worry. I am an international applicant, too and still haven't heard back from UCL. So, there are still plenty of offers/rejections - I don't think they divide us into international and non-international applicants. Moreover, you never know how the LNAT went :biggrin: Wish you all the best and hope we both get offers for law. No news is probably good news!
Original post by JohnGreek
Please explain in more detail :smile:
I think that the essay is automatically saved anyway along the way, so there will be a copy of it (albeit a slightly earlier one I imagine) that is saved and sent off to your unis.

Oh dear, I finished at the last second and I let the timer run out (but I had a finished essay when it did) - I would have thought it would just automatically save when the timer runs out and then that's the latest copy
Original post by coalesce

Ahhh, sorry. Of course there are still plenty of offers to come. That's just one of the things that came to mind when I thought of possible reasons for such a quick rejection.
Really? I absolutely hated the LNAT. Especially the essay..
I'm sure you'll hear back soon. Fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by seasoning
When do you guys think KCL are gonna start giving out offers for non-scholarship applicants?

Hey- I really wanted to apply for a scholarship. However, I didn't realise we had to do it alonside our application. I thought we applied once we got an offer. Is there anything I can do about this?
Original post by ard1246
AS Grades: AAAB & A in EPQ for subjects: English Lit, History, German and Religious Studies (dropped at A2)
A2 Predicted: A*A*A*

Applied to:
Oxford
Durham
Nottingham
Bristol
Warwick

Received offers from:
Nottingham Law with German with German Law: AAA (including A in German)
Bristol Law with German: A*AB or AAA (including A in German)
Warwick Law: AAA

Just came back from law interviews at Oxford (not expecting an offer after that TBH)

International student here from Germany, I applied to the same course at Nottingham :smile: When did you submit your app and when was the last time you heard back from them?
Original post by s.shadowhappy
About UCL... did you ever get an email other than the one confirming your application? I just noticed that ever since I only sent them my predicted grades, but no communication other than that happened :/

No I didn't! First thing I heard from them was them offering me a place:smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hudamh
Hey- I really wanted to apply for a scholarship. However, I didn't realise we had to do it alonside our application. I thought we applied once we got an offer. Is there anything I can do about this?

There are two rounds. One ended sometime in November I believe. But you can always apply to the second one (thats what I am gonna do at least). I think thats even better cuz' there is a chance that by then you actually know wether you have gotten an offer or not :smile:
Original post by aubergine7
No I didn't! First thing I heard from them was them offering me a place:smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha okay :smile: Then that is just their way of dealing with things. How long did you have to wait? Congrats btw!
Reply 691
When people say that they were rejected for Law by UCL because of their LNAT, does it say this in their rejection letter or is it just based off of a bad feeling about your LNAT? I got a rejection for Law a few days ago, but it was just a sort of generic response. I felt my LNAT went okay, my MC went well but my essay lacked a little. I'm not overly dissapointed because I likely wouldn't have been able to afford UCL anyway, but it does make me wonder about my other offers.
Original post by s.shadowhappy
International student here from Germany, I applied to the same course at Nottingham :smile: When did you submit your app and when was the last time you heard back from them?

Ich reichte meine Bewerbung am 10. Oktober ein und hoerte von Nottingham am 10. Dezember :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 693
Did anyone receive a Dickson Poon Scholarship for law?
Original post by Topo15
When people say that they were rejected for Law by UCL because of their LNAT, does it say this in their rejection letter or is it just based off of a bad feeling about your LNAT? I got a rejection for Law a few days ago, but it was just a sort of generic response. I felt my LNAT went okay, my MC went well but my essay lacked a little. I'm not overly dissapointed because I likely wouldn't have been able to afford UCL anyway, but it does make me wonder about my other offers.

Hey, I've heard that if the reason for rejection is your LNAT then they will tell you that. Just out of interest, what did they tell you in the letter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 695
Original post by Solrac777
Hey, I've heard that if the reason for rejection is your LNAT then they will tell you that. Just out of interest, what did they tell you in the letter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess that's good in a way as it hopefully won't affect other LNAT unis. My response was just "Your application was judged to be not as strong as that of other applicants". If it wasn't the LNAT, I guess something in my PS must have put them off. It's a busy department so you can't really complain, but it would be nice to have a little more explanation.
Original post by ard1246
Ich reichte meine Bewerbung am 10. Oktober ein und hoerte von Nottingham am 10. Dezember :smile:

Haha okay, thanks! :biggrin:
Ich habe meine Bewerbung eine Woche später abgeschickt. Hoffentlich höre ich dann im Laufe dieser oder der nächsten etwas.
Anybody got anything back from Nottingham yet after their email about the lnat requirements and how you may be 'gathered and held' if you don't meet them?
Guys i need urgent help,

I finished my LNAT essay at the very last second until the timer ran out.

Will my FULL essay be sent off?
Reply 699
Original post by izzzler
Did anyone receive a Dickson Poon Scholarship for law?

I got shortlisted for an interview. I believe all successful applicant must be interviewed before receiving a final decision. Hope it helped. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending