The Student Room Group

What would you deem the hardest A-Level?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inexorably
Yes :'(

Why?
Depends on the person really... but if I was to pick one then maybe Biology
It definitely depends on the person. Out of the subjects I am taking (Maths, FMaths, Chemistry & Biology), I would say that Biology is the most difficult, but mind you, I am only at AS :colondollar:

Edit: I was also taking Physics, but I dropped it. While it wasn't too difficult, (definitely easier than some of my other subjects) I just found it boring. I could do the maths pretty easily and I enjoyed that, but the rest of the content? :sleep:
(edited 8 years ago)
Lol you think A level subjects are hard?

Have you seen BTEC?????

/s
artistics subjects is all "ooh look i am an autumn leaf flutter flutter"

Maths is a proper subject :yep:
Nah in A-level maths you have to be naturally talented unlike GCSE where you could cram at the end and pass. If agree that chemistry is one of the hardest and I take chemistry maths and biology. It's because you have to remember so many formula, definitions and ideas.
I find Chemistry easy, unlike some. Biology is probably the hardest for me, the sheer content and application is overwhelming.
Reply 27
further maths 100%
This question has been asked countless times on TSR, but for me subjects like History and and English Lit
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aamirac
I'd say I find Geography harder because of the exam structure (AQA).

Lucky I didn't take that eh?
Additional Further Maths, Artsy subjects, Languages.
physics and further mathematics (dependent on the modules taken)
Original post by AlphaArgonian
Lucky I didn't take that eh?

:lol: I love it. But half an hour is not enough time to test me on a whole unit! I need more questions!
Original post by Aidengriggs1999
Nah in A-level maths you have to be naturally talented unlike GCSE where you could cram at the end and pass. If agree that chemistry is one of the hardest and I take chemistry maths and biology. It's because you have to remember so many formula, definitions and ideas.

Yeah some people who got A*at GCSE in my classes are getting C's in C1 and E/D in M1 (further maths)
Chemistry. 😣😣

Posted from TSR Mobile
In my opinion at AS it was geography but A2 physics is so much harder with the transition to A2 compared to my other subjects.
Original post by SeanFM
Additional Further Maths, Artsy subjects, Languages.

You're so me <3
I don't think there's such a thing as the "hardest" A-level; it all depends on the individual and what they like/don't like :smile:
Computer Science, because WJEC.
I would never say chemistry and biology are difficult to grasp. There's just a lot of content. A bit like Medicine. The content itself is fine. But there's so much.

Maths on the other hand... relatively small amount of content but the workload needed to grasp everything is a lot compared to other subjects. Especially M2, M3, S2 and FP3. Those exams are just disgusting. With maths there's no 'knowing the book inside out'. You just have to be talented and remain calm when you see weird looking questions.

On a semi related note, at Uni level, Physics is probably one of the hardest courses in the world.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest