The Student Room Group

Interested in Medicine but my GCSE predicted grades aren't that great

I'm genuinely interested in medicine but I'm afraid that my predicted grades for GCSE aren't the best :'(
Do you think I have a shot?

My predicted grades are
Maths: B
English: C (but the potential to go up a grade)
Science: BB
Reply 1
Predicted grades don't mean anything. Medical schools sure as hell won't look back three years to see what you were 'predicted', they're only interested in what you've achieved. Knuckle down and see if you can beat out the predictions. Forget what the teachers' expectations of you are, make your own expectations. Medical students are chosen for their resilience, don't let this first obstacle keep you down... If Medicine is what you want to do then pull a book out and start studying! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Dolphins
Predicted grades don't mean anything. Medical schools sure as hell won't look back three years to see what you were 'predicted', they're only interested in what you've achieved. Knuckle down and see if you can beat out the predictions. Forget what the teachers' expectations of you are, make your own expectations. Medical students are chosen for their resilience, don't let this first obstacle keep you down... If Medicine is what you want to do then pull a book out and start studying! :smile:

Thank you so so much!
Original post by noor.m
I'm genuinely interested in medicine but I'm afraid that my predicted grades for GCSE aren't the best :'(
Do you think I have a shot?

My predicted grades are
Maths: B
English: C (but the potential to go up a grade)
Science: BB

Have a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15897-medical-school-gcse-requirements

Your options may be a bit limited with a C in English so try to bump that up. If you apply wisely and concentrate on nailing your A-Levels/PS/UKCAT etc. then you can still get in.

Quick Reply

Latest