The Student Room Group

Capital punishment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by realatheist
You are wrong.

Countries with the highest crime rate have capital punishment.

Capital punishment is not going to stop terrorist/ mass murders as most just kill themselves anyway.

Its not going to stop murder committed out of rage.

Its not going to stop much murder at all.

is that why statistics have shown that it hads reduced the amount iof crimes i am not saying it has stopped everyone from commiting crimes as there are black sheeps in every community
Original post by redbluedex
Proof of involvement, yes. But there's no way of proving whether it's premeditated or not, or whether it was self defence, or other factors like what psychological state they were in at the exact moment.

Finding multiple victims in different place- of course it is premeditated and obviously not self-defence.

Also how can you not prove 100% that somebody done something but you can prove 100% that somebody didn't do something.

What world do you live in- retard land?
Original post by honey55497
is that why statistics have shown that it hads reduced the amount iof crimes i am not saying it has stopped everyone from commiting crimes as there are black sheeps in every community

Statistics doesn't show that.
Reply 43
Statistics doesn't show that.

yes it does ill show it to u
Finding multiple victims in different place- of course it is premeditated and obviously not self-defence.

Also how can you not prove 100% that somebody done something but you can prove 100% that somebody didn't do something.

What world do you live in- retard land?

Using the r-slur to try and put me in my place? Usually enjoy fun debates like this but not with people like you. Disgusting language.
Original post by redbluedex
Using the r-slur to try and put me in my place? Usually enjoy fun debates like this but not with people like you. Disgusting language.

oopppss you upset because you realize you make no sense?
Reply 46
oopppss you upset because you realize you make no sense?

u seriosuly need to stop telling others not to make sense bcz u clearly arent
u seriosuly need to stop telling others not to make sense bcz u clearly arent

bcz?

Speak English you chav.
Reply 48
bcz?

Speak English you chav.

if im not speaking english what im i speaking jibrish lyk all ur nonsence
Reply 49
do you support capital punishment and why ?

NO way.
Reply 50
Original post by Vlad83
NO way.

why do you think no
Reply 51
why do you think no

Various reasons or considerations.

1. Because no one is perfect (in my opinion). [And in any case, what is "perfection" anyway ? But that is going off the topic. ]. If someone punishing another one, then commits something themselves and is, in turn, in the "wrong", would they want to be punished themselves in turn .. or would they desire and hope to be forgiven or at least not treated harshly ?..
2. Because this is cruel (in my opinion). And I would just be "above" dealing with things in that sort of way. And generally, I just would not be able to "sign up" under something like that and can hardly imagine how I would live with myself afterwards. (But that is just me personally).
3. Because who are we (the people, the society) to decide who lives and who dies ? (With respect). Who are we to decide whether or not someone deserves to live or die ? Again I doubt we are that perfect or .. "competent" so to speak .
4. Because killing someone is, in a way, descending to the level of the very same act that is being condemned in the first place.

At least those sorts of reasons anyway.
Reply 52
we should punish @Illiberal Liberal capitally I think. :h:
No.
Original post by Goaded
we should punish @Illiberal Liberal capitally I think. :h:

as in

PUNISH

?
Reply 55
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
as in