The Student Room Group

What would you deem the hardest A-Level?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
For me, I'd say A2 Law, AS/A2 Maths and Physics
Original post by SeanFM
Additional Further Maths, Artsy subjects, Languages.

Yeah I think AFM is pointless if you're going to university it kinda spoils the fun of learning new-ish things
Original post by AlphaArgonian
Why?

So many grammar rules to learn
So much vocabulary
So few hours

Weeps internally
bleeds to death
Yeah I think AFM is pointless if you're going to university it kinda spoils the fun of learning new-ish things

I'd take getting a good grade (or it helping) over the fun of learning new things :tongue:
Original post by SeanFM
I'd take getting a good grade (or it helping) over the fun of learning new things :tongue:

Fair enough, good luck!!!
Fair enough, good luck!!!

You too. :h:
Original post by Lawliettt
I would never say chemistry and biology are difficult to grasp. There's just a lot of content. A bit like Medicine. The content itself is fine. But there's so much.

Maths on the other hand... relatively small amount of content but the workload needed to grasp everything is a lot compared to other subjects. Especially M2, M3, S2 and FP3. Those exams are just disgusting. With maths there's no 'knowing the book inside out'. You just have to be talented and remain calm when you see weird looking questions.

On a semi related note, at Uni level, Physics is probably one of the hardest courses in the world.

I DO S2! *cries deeply*
Yeah I can see why people say physics is hard.
Original post by SeanFM
You too. :h:

good for you bae

i was not being entirely serious about the autumn leaves btw.
I DO S2! *cries deeply*
Yeah I can see why people say physics is hard.

A guy in my class did maths and further maths at AS.
His grades for the 6 modules were AAAAAU. I remember him waking out at the end of the S2 exam swearing with teary eyes lol.

Apparently there's also an M4 and M5 but I doubt anyone dares take those.

Maths AS isn't bad. You never see people complaining about C1 or C2. It's people that take difficult modules in A2 further maths that get screwed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Physics because it has a little bit of everything in it. Memory, common sense, interpretation...

Plus they can ask you unlimited questions that you've never seen before and it all comes down to the Exam Day. Art you can work on all year and keep improving your grade, putting you in a better position at the end of the year.
kk hun
Reply 52
A level biology is the most difficult to get to grips with!! :frown:
Reply 53
I'd say higher english - analysing of simple stuff ruins it for me, the amount of poems you have to learn before the final exam (6 POEMS, NO THANKS) and the fact that you have to remember so many quotes from a play/short story/novel for a timed essay. hate higher english with a passion and can't wait to drop it - I think a B at national 5/GSCE level is good enough.

english is too much work and stress for me.
Reply 54
Physics has got to be the most difficult a level ever.
u smelling me !

:rofl:
Physics without a doubt.
Me? I'd say any artistic subject like photography or graphics due to workload.

You know this tsr right, Stem master race rules here. Troll confirmed.
Probably geography or something. Just because of the sheer amount of essays and homework they get, everyday I'd be tempted to drop it.
this is from Anonynmous' roadman dialect :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest