The Student Room Group

uni dilema

Hey, so I got an offer of AAB from city university to study economics, however people say it isn't a great uni, can i please get feedback from other people applying to this uni or people who are currently at this university on whether it is good ACADEMICALLY and SOCIALLY. I also applied for Queen Mary's, Brunel, Essex and RHUL. Can someone please rank theses schools for me with the same 2 criteria mentioned above.

thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Depends whether you want to live in London, and whether you get extra student finance to live in London . There is a lot to do in London . But it also depends whether you can get affordable student accommodation - I've heard City uni halls can be expensive
Cass business schools is like one of the top business schools in the country after Warwivk etc.
Reply 3
Yes I'd love to continue living in central London but my another concern would be travelling to Uxbridge ( Brunel) & Egham (RHUL)
Original post by Glors
Yes I'd love to continue living in central London but my another concern would be travelling to Uxbridge ( Brunel) & Egham (RHUL)

Lol stick with cass it has the best reputation after lse, ucl and imperial in london.
Reply 5
Original post by Trevormacdonald
Lol stick with cass it has the best reputation after lse, ucl and imperial in london.

Thanks.
Reply 6
Original post by Glors
Thanks.

why do so many people give cass a mixed review by the way?
Original post by Glors
why do so many people give cass a mixed review by the way?

Because they bitter they didn't get into lse?
Idk. Every school has mixed reviews. They're all the same.
Original post by Glors
Thanks.

I'm a current cass student.

FYI, Economics at City =/= Cass

Cass Business School doesn't offer that course, it will be taught by City University.
Reply 9
Original post by gr8wizard10
I'm a current cass student.

FYI, Economics at City =/= Cass

Cass Business School doesn't offer that course, it will be taught by City University.

oh okay thanks, how are you enjoying city so far, is there any overlaps in modules between the business and economics & finally is CITY university respectable
Original post by Glors
oh okay thanks, how are you enjoying city so far, is there any overlaps in modules between the business and economics & finally is CITY university respectable

bored, then again, im only at uni to get a job, don't like academics. no idea, i study Investment & Financial Risk Management, my profile: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/abdulkarimali
and city university for a job in the high-paying industries.. honestly.. nope, you'd want to get on a cass course.
Original post by Glors
Hey, so I got an offer of AAB from city university to study economics, however people say it isn't a great uni, can i please get feedback from other people applying to this uni or people who are currently at this university on whether it is good ACADEMICALLY and SOCIALLY. I also applied for Queen Mary's, Brunel, Essex and RHUL. Can someone please rank theses schools for me with the same 2 criteria mentioned above.

thanks.

go to open days to help you decide, email current students and also see the national student surveys. Also check out the local area, and think of transport costs. City is good, so is Queen Mary, its a Russell group
Reply 12
Original post by RevisionNad
go to open days to help you decide, email current students and also see the national student surveys. Also check out the local area, and think of transport costs. City is good, so is Queen Mary, its a Russell group

Thanks, where will i meet the current students to get there email addresses
Reply 13
bored, then again, im only at uni to get a job, don't like academics. no idea, i study Investment & Financial Risk Management, my profile: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/abdulkarimali
and city university for a job in the high-paying industries.. honestly.. nope, you'd want to get on a cass course.

is it too late since i've been accepted by city already, and I thought cass was a department within city so what difference is there?
Queen Marys is definitely the best of your choices. I heard City was really really bad.

None of them are known for being social but you'll probably end up making friends regardless of where you go
Reply 15
Original post by Lawliettt
Queen Marys is definitely the best of your choices. I heard City was really really bad.

None of them are known for being social but you'll probably end up making friends regardless of where you go

thanks, i also heard that city is predominantly asian, however are there other ethnical backgrounds such as white or black or latin american
Original post by Glors
Thanks, where will i meet the current students to get there email addresses

Best way: got to open days, talk to some people and ask for their emails!!! i did or,
make a new thread and request some maybe?
Reply 17
Original post by RevisionNad

brunel any good? and essex?
Original post by Glors
is it too late since i've been accepted by city already, and I thought cass was a department within city so what difference is there?

it's the business school. courses offered by cass can be found her (on the right):
http://www.cass.city.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate

Incoming M&A Summer Analyst at Barlcays Investment Bank

just noticed the spelling mistake haha, otherwise good stuff

Quick Reply