The Student Room Group

Do women prefer to be given a BAR of chocolate or a BOX of chocolates?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by xjay1234
I'm not talking about a bar of Snickers!

But a proper bar of chocolate like a Cadbury's Dairy Milk etc type.

Or would you prefer to be given a BOX of chocolates like a Roses etc?

What would you value, more, women? =]

Neither of your examples because they're disgusting. Far too sweet.

If you're talking nice dark chocolate, then I'd prefer that to a box. Unless it was a nice box of chocolates. This means made with proper ingredients not bulking agents.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A box of chocolate implies they skinny and need fattening up where a bar of chocolates implies they're only worth something from the newsagents. A full bouquet of flowers, a restaurant date, and tickets to the theatre shows attraction.
Reply 22

BOX!! the bar seems lazy and half hearted but the box is cute. long lasting and seems more thoughtful
Reply 23
I would LOVE to do that!

However, at this moment she is not my partner or my wife. If she was then I would do that 100% But for now this is my way of getting to her and my way of telling her that I do like her. From then onwards I will see if she gives me the thumbs up and wants to go out etc etc etc.

When I give her the chocolate (box or bar) along with a card I will explain that I like her and want to go out with her :smile:

Original post by Madeline_H95
A box of chocolate implies they skinny and need fattening up where a bar of chocolates implies they're only worth something from the newsagents. A full bouquet of flowers, a restaurant date, and tickets to the theatre shows attraction.
Reply 24
I get you.

It is nice to put a smile on a FEMININE woman's face :smile:

Original post by sadly
BOX!! the bar seems lazy and half hearted but the box is cute. long lasting and seems more thoughtful
I would LOVE to do that!

However, at this moment she is not my partner or my wife. If she was then I would do that 100% But for now this is my way of getting to her and my way of telling her that I do like her. From then onwards I will see if she gives me the thumbs up and wants to go out etc etc etc.

When I give her the chocolate (box or bar) along with a card I will explain that I like her and want to go out with her :smile:

Ok, ok, I'll tell you what to do.

Forget the chocolates as they cliche and unhealthy. Depending on how well you know he you should tell her that you enjoyed talking to her and would like to get to know her better. If she says yes suggest you both go out to lunhc. Go to a cafe like Costa to avoid awkwardness and buy her lunch. If you know her really well already then you should still ask her to lunch but go somewhere more special.
I think a box of chocolates is more of a gift but I'd rather two big dairy milk bars or a box of malteasers :smile: mmmm
Reply 27
Well, my original plan was to give her the chocolate and card and tell her that I do like her and ask if she would like to go out to eat with me or see a film. But, I wasn't gonna ask in a way to EXPECT AN ANSWER THERE AND THEN. I was gonna say *I'd like to know you better etc etc* and *if you you wanna see me msg me* (cos my number would be in the card).

She works in the same place as me (we are both PGCE students @ the same school) that is why I am asking now (cos the year is done and we all are going to move onto our next placements) so I won't have to deal with awkwards.

But, yeah, it will all build up.

For all I know she probably doesn't even like me like that - but, still give her chocolate and card - done. Whatever she wants to do after, fine.

But, I'd like to know her, better!

Original post by Madeline_H95
Ok, ok, I'll tell you what to do.

Forget the chocolates as they cliche and unhealthy. Depending on how well you know he you should tell her that you enjoyed talking to her and would like to get to know her better. If she says yes suggest you both go out to lunhc. Go to a cafe like Costa to avoid awkwardness and buy her lunch. If you know her really well already then you should still ask her to lunch but go somewhere more special.

Personally, I prefer a box. Its more special, I can get a bar of aero at any time but it seems kinda weird to buy a box for yourself (is that just me? idk). If you get a lady a box of chocolates and a bunch of flowers, you will be very very popular :wink:
Reply 29
It's threads like these, that make me question why I visit this site.
Box OBV cause there's more chocolate inside

But if you aren't dating then bar is less awkward cause box = more romantic i guess
I don't mind tbh

Chocolate>>>>>>>>>>>>Flowers on a first date

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending