The Student Room Group

Official same love thread (spread love not hate!)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
Sold.

I just bought it :ahee: :mmm:

:rofl3:

You bought it?
Original post by F.Nietzsche
:rofl3:

You bought it?

I did!
I did!

You won't regret it. :wink:
You won't regret it. :wink:

Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 21.13.50.png

Is it a good movie?
Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 21.13.50.png

Is it a good movie?

Yeah it is, tell me what you think of it once you watch it. (:
Yeah it is, tell me what you think of it once you watch it. (:

I will! I need to watch 'Maurice' again :cry2:.
I will! I need to watch 'Maurice' again :cry2:.

Same! I finished the book! I can safely say that Maurice is my all time favourite book, it touched me in a way no other book has.
Same! I finished the book! I can safely say that Maurice is my all time favourite book, it touched me in a way no other book has.

Me too. I could literally feel everything Maurice was portrayed to feel. It evoked such a strong response from me; amazing piece of literature.
Me too. I could literally feel everything Maurice was portrayed to feel. It evoked such a strong response from me; amazing piece of literature.

Do you reckon Scudder and Maurice would've had the whole happily ever after?
Do you reckon Scudder and Maurice would've had the whole happily ever after?

I don't think so, probably not unless they moved out of the country. It really got to me how much Durham changed... like, I couldn't tell whether it was genuine or just an adamant a valiant attempt to suppress his homosexual feelings.
I don't think so, probably not unless they moved out of the country. It really got to me how much Durham changed... like, I couldn't tell whether it was genuine or just an adamant a valiant attempt to suppress his homosexual feelings.

Clive pissed me off - I'm still not sure either. Did he really become straight? Or was he just trying to conform to early 20th century English society? Personally, I don't know.
Clive pissed me off - I'm still not sure either. Did he really become straight? Or was he just trying to conform to early 20th century English society? Personally, I don't know.

The thing is, I don't see how you could just 'become' straight. I think the fact that Maurice was becoming too public may have scared him and he felt like doing something drastic would solve the problem. Furthermore, the fact that he became obsessed with marriage tells me that maybe it was the latter of your two proposals.
The thing is, I don't see how you could just 'become' straight. I think the fact that Maurice was becoming too public may have scared him and he felt like doing something drastic would solve the problem. Furthermore, the fact that he became obsessed with marriage tells me that maybe it was the latter of your two proposals.

I don't see it either. I feel the same way; Clive wanted to become a barrister (or something similar) and he needed to appear a certain way to the public. Ah true, but also wasn't sex between him and Anne awkward?
I don't see it either. I feel the same way; Clive wanted to become a barrister (or something similar) and he needed to appear a certain way to the public. Ah true, but also wasn't sex between him and Anne awkward?

Yes, it was! However, wasn't the sexual encounter more awkward because of Anne rather than him... wasn't it?
Attachment not found

:love:
Yes, it was! However, wasn't the sexual encounter more awkward because of Anne rather than him... wasn't it?

Oh yeah, because she knew nothing about it. That would certainly be awkward.
Oh yeah, because she knew nothing about it. That would certainly be awkward.

@F.Nietzsche... you are officially my favourite person.

Plan:

In like ten years, we must produce a public lecture on Forster's 'Maurice' :wink:.
@F.Nietzsche... you are officially my favourite person.

Plan:

In like ten years, we must produce a public lecture on Forster's 'Maurice' :wink:.

Awhhh! You're so sweet - I love the conversations we have. ^_^

Yes, for sure! :biggrin:

What book are you reading now?
Awhhh! You're so sweet - I love the conversations we have. ^_^

Yes, for sure! :biggrin:

What book are you reading now?

Me too :lovehug:

Yay! :love:

I'm going to be reading Frankenstein again, what about you?
Me too :lovehug:

Yay! :love:

I'm going to be reading Frankenstein again, what about you?

I'm reading The Collector by John Fowles. It's really interesting!

Quick Reply

Latest