The Student Room Group

What should I do?

Hi everyone, so last night I was at work and there was a big Christmas party and basically a lot of the customers got pretty drunk including a man in his 20s or so (not too sure, I'm 17) and he was chasing me and my colleague with a microphone trying to get us to sing, cornering us in the kitchen etc. while he was chasing me he touched my bum and later asked me and my colleague if we wanted to have a threesome with him. (Obviously not he had very greasy hair and just ew) I told my boyfriend who is very protective and he wants to confront this guy who we found after doing a lot of fb stalking. But we found that his girlfriend is a teacher at my sixth form and now my boyfriend wants me to find her and tell her. I really don't know what to do because I don't want to ruin her day but at the same time his behaviour wasn't acceptable and it was kinda scary and I don't know how else I would be able to do something about it, although he was so drunk he probably doesn't remember and I don't know what I would get out of this because at the end of the day it's not the end of the world. any advice would be useful, thank you :smile:
It was probably just the alcohol. Some people can be idiots after a few drinks but regret it all when they sober up
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
It was probably just the alcohol. Some people can be idiots after a few drinks but regret it all when they sober up

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, it's just annoying!
Despite what the user above said, alcohol is absolutely not an excuse for that kind of behaviour. Alcohol isn't an excuse to do anything at all, even when drunk we are still responsible for our actions.

Honestly I have no idea what you should do. But I just want to tell you no matter what you do none of this is your fault and that pathetic man deserves whatever he gets.
Reply 4
Original post by SophieSmall
Despite what the user above said, alcohol is absolutely not an excuse for that kind of behaviour. Alcohol isn't an excuse to do anything at all, even when drunk we are still responsible for our actions.

Honestly I have no idea what you should do. But I just want to tell you no matter what you do none of this is your fault and that pathetic man deserves whatever he gets.

Thank you, it's just quite a confusing situation if I'm being honest, I don't have a clue what to do!
Thank you, it's just quite a confusing situation if I'm being honest, I don't have a clue what to do!

It's alright, I don't blame you for not knowing what to do. You shouldn't ever have been put into this position, where you probably feel damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Reply 6
It's alright, I don't blame you for not knowing what to do. You shouldn't ever have been put into this position, where you probably feel damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Yeah pretty much:/
Reply 7
get the fu**er and knock the crap outta him rko the cun*
Yeah pretty much:/

I'm sorry you're going through this.

Have you spoken to your colleague about it? Or do you have anyone you trust you can talk to properly?
Cheating with someone you've formed a special bond with is different to going after anything that moves. If he went after you he'll probably go after someone else the next time he goes out as well. The girlfriend should probably be told so she can make up her own decision about it otherwise things will probably just unravel later on anyway.

On the other hand, going to her and saying he was hitting on you without anything happening isn't a huge amount to hit her with. Could probably be denied by him.
Original post by Synonym
get the fu**er and knock the crap outta him rko the cun*

I would but I'm a 5'3" 17 year old girl
I'm sorry you're going through this.

Have you spoken to your colleague about it? Or do you have anyone you trust you can talk to properly?

Yeah I've spoken to people about it at work today but the response I've got is just like 'ah that's horrible'
Yeah I've spoken to people about it at work today but the response I've got is just like 'ah that's horrible'

No I mean the other girl who was with you when it happend? The one who got backed into the corner with you?
Original post by AndrewSCO
Cheating with someone you've formed a special bond with is different to going after anything that moves. If he went after you he'll probably go after someone else the next time he goes out as well. The girlfriend should probably be told so she can make up her own decision about it otherwise things will probably just unravel later on anyway.

On the other hand, going to her and saying he was hitting on you without anything happening isn't a huge amount to hit her with. Could probably be denied by him.

I think she would be pretty taken aback if a random girl at her school came up to her and explained what happened, and as you said he would probably deny it, due to him either not having a clue what happened or simply just to protect himself and at the same time he hasn't technically cheated (although as you mentioned he probably would do it to someone else/or already has)
No I mean the other girl who was with you when it happend? The one who got backed into the corner with you?

Oh I see, no I haven't yet but I will tomorrow when I see her!
Oh I see, no I haven't yet but I will tomorrow when I see her!

Good, I recommend that for a start. See how she feels about it, you'll probably feel better just talking to her as she will understand more than someone who wasn't in that situation and is just trying to find the "right" thing to say to you.
Good, I recommend that for a start. See how she feels about it, you'll probably feel better just talking to her as she will understand more than someone who wasn't in that situation and is just trying to find the "right" thing to say to you.

That's a really good point, thank you for your help!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending