The Student Room Group

I can squat 90kg and deadlift 120kg already?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
oooohh big boi
And there is me who struggles to carry a 20KG bag of basmiti rice into the house :rofl:
What? Isn't being able to squat less than your bodyweight below average?
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
Duh!

I mean should I go up by 5s or 10s?

Depends on the program you're running.

If you're not using one, then start now.
I've only started to go the gym about 3 weeks ago - 2/3 times a week. I also eat plenty of proteins and have gained 4-5 kg since.

I weigh 92kg, I'm 6''4 and 21 years old. Probably aiming for 100kg.

Is 90kg squat any good? What about 120kg deadlift.

My mate, who is quite hench, is the same height and has been to the gym longer than me can't squat more than 90kg... I'm astonished that I'm that strong.

Is this good?

How should I increase the weights?

at your height and weight that should be normal
i am 5'10 83kg and i squat 110kg and dead lift 160kg
i know people that are my height but weigh less that squat and dead lift better than me
As for increasing the weights try adding a 2.5kg every 2-3 weeks to the bar
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
He's between skinny and average but not big unless he's ridiculously lean

Not skinny, average at least. Probably won't be massive but slightly big/skinny fat
Original post by grandeur10
at your height and weight that should be normal
i am 5'10 83kg and i squat 110kg and dead lift 160kg
i know people that are my height but weigh less that squat and dead lift better than me
As for increasing the weights try adding a 2.5kg every 2-3 weeks to the bar

You're obviously a bigger and muscly guy than me! I'm skinny, at least for now.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
There's no way you're skinny at 92kg at 6'4''

Well I am pal.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Not skinny, average at least. Probably won't be massive but slightly big/skinny fat

I won't be anywhere near fat if I keep this up. I've got a quick metabolism for the time being and I eat well/healthy.

I'm skinny/athletic.
Yo, man.
Sounds like you're doing well for how long you've been training. I'm a competitive powerlifter and PT, also studying physiology and sports science at uni.

I bench 95KG, Squat 140 and deadlift 175 weighing 71kg just now... but I've been training for over a year!

If you want a free consultation and plan for getting stronger, you can email me :smile: just looking to help as many people as possible reach their goals... and seeing as plans don't take too much effort to write up after getting to know who I'm working with, I don't mind doing them for free!

My qualification is CYQ level 3 PT incase you're skeptical at all
Well I am pal.

You're not 92kg then
Reply 31
Great gains fam
Reply 32
You are not skinny mate, your BMI is 24.7, which is only 0.3 points off being overweight. You're at the top end of the normal range.
Original post by h3110
You are not skinny mate, your BMI is 24.7, which is only 0.3 points off being overweight. You're at the top end of the normal range.

BMI is bull****. It doesn't take into consideration that muscle weighs more than fat.
Reply 34
BMI is bull****. It doesn't take into consideration that muscle weighs more than fat.

The BMI is a good indicator of whether or not someone is at a healthy weight. It becomes less useful if someone is extremely tall/short or extremely muscular (like a pro body builder).

Quick Reply