The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official 'Ask BCU' Thread for 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi, For my course I would be based at City south. Are there any societies on this campus or are the all based at the main campus? Thank you very much!
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by katecatfish
Hi, For my course I would be based at City south. Are there any societies on this campus or are the all based at the main campus? Thank you very much!

Hi! Yes there are some societies at City South, and there's a Student Union shop and bar there too. See: http://www.bcusu.com/societies/
Reply 42
I had a interview for nursing and i was then rejected the following week. My brother has cancer so that got in the way in allowing me to prepare for the interview, which is why i may not have done so well . Do I have a chance of getting another interview because i really really want to go BCU! I 'm only 18 and to find out my brother has cancer and has to undergo chemo every month and then to get rejected has put so much pressure and burden on me.... can BCU help me with this? Can they take my personal problems into consideration and give me another chance?
Hi I recently got an offer through for your university ^^ it's my first choice and I'm so looking forward to going, I was wondering if there was anyway I could get in touch with any of the current students on my future course, and any potential students on my course next year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So sorry to hear about your brother! I think the best thing to do is to email [email protected] to see if there is anything we can do.

Original post by y111
I had a interview for nursing and i was then rejected the following week. My brother has cancer so that got in the way in allowing me to prepare for the interview, which is why i may not have done so well . Do I have a chance of getting another interview because i really really want to go BCU! I 'm only 18 and to find out my brother has cancer and has to undergo chemo every month and then to get rejected has put so much pressure and burden on me.... can BCU help me with this? Can they take my personal problems into consideration and give me another chance?
Hi! We have a Facebook group for our Faculty of Health, Education and Life Sciences, so a lot of our current students will follow that. https://www.facebook.com/bcuhealth/?ref=hl

You might also want to make a new TSR thread for students starting in September at BCU or see if there's one already!

Original post by AnimatedUnicorn
Hi I recently got an offer through for your university ^^ it's my first choice and I'm so looking forward to going, I was wondering if there was anyway I could get in touch with any of the current students on my future course, and any potential students on my course next year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I recently logged onto the portal to see the application status as pending UCAS update, does it always say that? I can't remember seeing it last time I logged on, so was just wondering if it was a new update or it always says that. Thanks :smile:
Hi - could you send us your student number in a private message and we'll have a look on the system to see what's happening for you. Thanks!

Original post by Rndons19
I recently logged onto the portal to see the application status as pending UCAS update, does it always say that? I can't remember seeing it last time I logged on, so was just wondering if it was a new update or it always says that. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi - could you send us your student number in a private message and we'll have a look on the system to see what's happening for you. Thanks!

Okay, I will do :smile: thank you
Hi i was just wondering if i should be worried about my application because i received a emailed to say a portal had been set up for my back in november but haven't heard anything else. i have applied for paramedic science.
Thanks
Reply 50
Hi, I have recently attended an interview for children's nursing, when will I hear back whether I have a place or not. Thanks
Original post by Anthony Bullock
Hi i was just wondering if i should be worried about my application because i received a emailed to say a portal had been set up for my back in november but haven't heard anything else. i have applied for paramedic science.
Thanks

Hi Anthony. Have you received any more communications from us since you posted this? If you haven't, I suggest you contact Admissions when convenient.
Original post by Bow09
Hi, I have recently attended an interview for children's nursing, when will I hear back whether I have a place or not. Thanks

That would depend on a number of things. I suggest you contact Admissions for an update if you're concerned.
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi Anthony. Have you received any more communications from us since you posted this? If you haven't, I suggest you contact Admissions when convenient.

I have thank you for the reply
Does Diagnostic Radiography appear on clearing?
Hi, I was wondering whether anyone knows when the BCU exam timetable for summer 2016 will become available?
Hi

How long does it usually take to hear from the Uni regarding a Postgraduate course please? I've applied but not heard anything yet.

Thanks.
L/L
Original post by maryam897
Does Diagnostic Radiography appear on clearing?

It is still early to say whether a course will be in Clearing or not, as this will depend on the number of offers made as well as exam results. More information will be made available on our website in the summer.
Original post by little_lettuce
Hi

How long does it usually take to hear from the Uni regarding a Postgraduate course please? I've applied but not heard anything yet.

Thanks.
L/L

We shall be in touch with you in due course. When did you apply?
Original post by nikitamistry
Hi, I was wondering whether anyone knows when the BCU exam timetable for summer 2016 will become available?

Are you studying with us already? This type of information should be made available on iCity.

Quick Reply

Latest