The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicants for 2016 - 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -hina-
I have applied to edge hill too
Lol I sent my application the same day

Have you heard anything from them? I'm so nervous!
Hey everyone,

I had an initial confirmation email from Swansea when I sent off my application, just to say they've received it. Now, 2 weeks later I've got an email saying "our admissions tutors are currently processing your application form and to look out for an email.

Does anyone know how soon after an email like this I can expect to hear a decision? SO nervous!
Original post by pâquerette03
Hey everyone,

I had an initial confirmation email from Swansea when I sent off my application, just to say they've received it. Now, 2 weeks later I've got an email saying "our admissions tutors are currently processing your application form and to look out for an email.

Does anyone know how soon after an email like this I can expect to hear a decision? SO nervous!

Hi I've had the same email I think it's just a keeping in touch email or to stop people ringing admission tutors. From what I'm aware of they don't contact applicant till after the deadline X
Original post by lynda.williams90
Hi I've had the same email I think it's just a keeping in touch email or to stop people ringing admission tutors. From what I'm aware of they don't contact applicant till after the deadline X

Oh, haha, I called them the other day - they're probably trying to ward off people like me who feel the need to panic ring every other day to check my application hasn't been lost or something! :P

When I called them up and asked if they waited until Jan to hand out interviews, they said they weren't waiting for the deadline. Sooo... hopefully should hear from them before the application deadline :smile:
Reply 324
Hey I have an interview for keele tomorrow doing midwifery, still waiting for Nottingham
Original post by pâquerette03
Oh, haha, I called them the other day - they're probably trying to ward off people like me who feel the need to panic ring every other day to check my application hasn't been lost or something! :P

When I called them up and asked if they waited until Jan to hand out interviews, they said they weren't waiting for the deadline. Sooo... hopefully should hear from them before the application deadline :smile:

Fingers crossed, I hate that Welsh unis wait to offer interviews. So nerve racking. Good luck :smile:
Original post by ALevelReject
Hi,

Im currently doing A2, but I've already retaken a year... I have no work experience in midwifery or anything related. Im also not too confident about my grades. Would it be sensible for me to take a gap year to gain some experience and expand my knowledge in this field. Also because I would be 20 by the time I get into Uni would I still be able to apply for Student loans and grants ect..

Please and thank you

Hey, no harm in applying and trying this year but experience is always a good thing, you could apply for care work or maternity care assistant at a hospital or something similar. And you will still get student loan (I'm 23 in March and hoping to start midwifery in September) :smile:
Hi guys, I have an interview at UWE for midwifery tomorrow. So nervous! I don't know if i am prepared for tomorrow's interviews. What have you guys done to be ready for this. I was rejected from kings, city and Kingston after interviews. Plus UWE is my first choice. HELPP xox
Original post by Mariama11
Hi guys, I have an interview at UWE for midwifery tomorrow. So nervous! I don't know if i am prepared for tomorrow's interviews. What have you guys done to be ready for this. I was rejected from kings, city and Kingston after interviews. Plus UWE is my first choice. HELPP xox

Good luck for today, try your best not to over analyse things - best to think of it as a conversation rather than an interview? Might take the pressure off!

Hope all goes well and you're successful with your first choice! :biggrin:
Reply 329
Hi guys I've still not sent mine yet but I am applying for Hallam, Huddersfield, Bradford, Salford and York, I'm so nervous about the whole process as I'm only 17
Reply 330
Original post by danielle-louise
Have you heard anything from them? I'm so nervous!

No:frown: have you ?
Its been 2 weeks now
I'm so scared :frown:
Reply 331
Hi guys
I've applied to
Bradford
Edge Hill
Uclan
And haven't heard from anyone yet , have anyone got response from them?
has anyone got an interview for de montfort in january? :smile:
Original post by hannahaliciah_x
I've been invited to an interview at Coventry uni on the 13th Feb, is anyone else attending? ☺️

I am!!
Reply 334
Has anyone from last Friday's interviews at Chester heard anything yet?
Original post by kirstynsampson
has anyone got an interview for de montfort in january? :smile:

Hi, I have :smile: the 20th?
Original post by livvmoore
I am!!

I'm so nervous! Good luck 😊
Original post by hannahaliciah_x
Hi, I have :smile: the 20th?

ah mine's on the 13th! good luck though :smile:
Reply 338
I git an offer for uni if Manchester!! Anyone got interview at edge hill on 11th Feb or Hallam 13th Feb?
Original post by -hina-
No:frown: have you ?
Its been 2 weeks now
I'm so scared :frown:

No 😩😩just the confirmation email! I think it will be after Xmas now! The wait is horrible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending