The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Arsenal are out of the CL as are Chelsea
Original post by shawn_o1
That was before he took charge.

but still...it may give you guys some hope that a 6-1 thrashing can be prevented :rofl:

(they drew 2-2 with Deportivo this weekend too)

This Barca team is insane this year though....thrashed Real Madrid away 4-0 as well :lol:
Wenger is a legend. Clearly thought the Bayern thumping wasn't entertainment enough so he's kept you in it one more round. What a guy.
A lot of people saying that Arsenal should win their group if they don't want draws like these, but not sure what else they could have done with Bayern in their group stage to be honest.

Plus, if you don't enjoy travelling to places like the Nou Camp, why are you even in the CL?
Original post by hayles101
Wenger is a legend. Clearly thought the Bayern thumping wasn't entertainment enough so he's kept you in it one more round. What a guy.

Lmao! How deep were the tears last Tuesday? You'd give an arm and a leg to be playing barca but instead you're going to go to the stans. Don't worry though, you have a purpose so erudite me know how Kazakhstan is, debating whether to add it to my itinerary.
(edited 8 years ago)
Tbh we have a chance, if extremely slim, if Coquelin is back.

If no Coq and Mertesacker starts then we may as well score their goals for them.
Was hoping for Real but I guess Barcelona will have to do:wink:
Original post by hayles101

United fan trying to give us stick, lmao enjoy thursday night football
Tottenham will probably lose to Fiorentina over two legs if they're concentrating on the league with their small squad, if that helps.
God some good ties been thrown out all over the place. Us and spurs are away at different time. Might start making plans for Florence and Barcelona.
Original post by atom y humber
Lmao! How deep were the tears last Tuesday? You'd give an arm and a leg to be playing barca but instead you're going to go to the stans. Don't worry though, you have a purpose so erudite me know how Kazakhstan is, debating whether to add it to my itinerary.

They're going to Denmark to play the team that knocked Southampton out of Europe...

(Scenes when Wolfsburg or Gent draw Zenit or PSV next round... )
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Use Err Name
Tbh we have a chance, if extremely slim, if Coquelin is back.

If no Coq and Mertesacker starts then we may as well score their goals for them.

And so it begins.
Original post by atom y humber

Dat salt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Use Err Name
United fan trying to give us stick, lmao enjoy thursday night football

My Thursday night had become so empty. Not anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1374
Would rather watch us concede 10 to barca then have to sit through Thursday night football. Always.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Would rather watch us concede 10 to barca then have to sit through Thursday night football. Always.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course you would. It's just funny it happens every year with Arsenal. Bad luck or are you screwing yourselves in the group every year?

Meh. I don't care as long as City don't get to the finals. They have an easy draw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I'd rather see us lose 8-0 to Barcelona than play some random club I've never heard of, with a name that would be a record score on scrabble in front of a half empty Old Trafford

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
A lot of people saying that Arsenal should win their group if they don't want draws like these, but not sure what else they could have done with Bayern in their group stage to be honest.

Plus, if you don't enjoy travelling to places like the Nou Camp, why are you even in the CL?

They shouldn't finish 4th or 3rd if they don't want to end up in groups with Bayern.

But it's true that if you want to win the CL then you have to face Barca at some point anyway

I'm going against a GOAT and you're going against someone that you can't even pronounce it's name. I'm live in ****ing Vegas you're playing from hackney marshes.

I'm salty. Come on try better.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
And so it begins.

Given your form we're just as likely to progress as you are

Enjoy tonight m-1 x

Latest