The Student Room Group

Man who shouted 'You ain't no Muslim bruv' after Leytonstone attack fears retribution

The man who shouted "You ain't no Muslim, bruv" at a suspected terrorist during a stabbing at Leytonstone Tube station has told how he now fears retribution.

The bystander was heard in video footage of the incident in east London last weekend saying the phrase that later went viral as an attacker wielding a knife stabbed a man.

His comments ended up trending on Twitter and Prime Minister David Cameron hailed the man as having "said it all much better than I could have done".

Now the man behind the comments has said he fears retribution from Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) - also known as Isis - after their popularity.

Isis should be wiped out, because they're not Muslims, because Muslims don't do that

John

But the 39-year-old security guard from north London - named only as John as he asked for his surname to be withheld - said he has the support of his family.

I've got a kid, he's 20,
he told the Sunday Times.
He just said, 'Dad, you've done the right thing'. I said what I had to say, and for someone to agree that is close to me made me feel good.

John is not Muslim himself, but said he is angry that terrorist groups such as Isil claim to represent Islam.

Isis should be wiped out, because they're not Muslims, because Muslims don't do that,
he said.
It's as simple as that.

For people to be like that, they've obviously got stone hearts, they don't care about society. They don't care about anyone. They're evil, pure evil.

He told how he felt he had to voice his feelings when he saw what was happening in the station.

I saw the guy,
he said.
I was like, well you ain't a Muslim... That's my views, and I had to let him know that, because he looked to be a terrorist. I don't believe in all that

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/12048042/You-aint-no-Muslim-bruv-Man-who-shouted-in-Leytonstone-attack-fears-Islamic-State-retribution.html
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Retribution for speaking the truth? Damn that's got to suck.
Besides the double negative, I don't see anything wrong with what he said :tongue:
Reply 3
wait why?
Reply 4
Lol.,,
Original post by Foo.mp3
No quote where he says he fears retribution? Noticed he's not a Muslim though, guess that would explain his error in asserting the attacker wasn't Muslim :holmes:

How?
ISIS are Muslims. Just because you don't agree with what they do doesn't change that fact.
What's interesting is that nobody has remarked on the fact that the man instantly assumed the attacker was Muslim, despite the attacker not giving any indication he was.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
What's interesting is that nobody has remarked on the fact that the man instantly assumed the attacker was Muslim, despite the attacker not giving any indication he was.

The nature of the attack was a clear indication. If it weren't, it would be surprising that "John" was correct but it isn't.
Original post by Foo.mp3
No quote where he says he fears retribution? Noticed he's not a Muslim though, guess that would explain his error in asserting the attacker wasn't Muslim :holmes:

Have to agree
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Perhaps you should educate yourself on Islam, you bigot

Are you aware that there are multiple schools of thought in all religions?
Reply 11
Muslims aren´t all supporters of ISIS

But ISIS are muslims

It doesn´t help anyone to pretend otherwise. They might not be the sole representatives of the Islamic world, but they are muslims and they are from that cultural sphere.
Just because someone says they are muslim doesn't make them muslim

Using your logic, if I call myself christian, I am, while disbelieving everything in the bible

What makes someone a Muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Perhaps you should educate yourself on Islam, you bigot
With all due respect, it would appear that it is you who holds the poorly informed position.

Those who are members of, and supporters of, ISIS are almost exlusively Muslims.
Admittedly, it is a version of Islam that relies on a literalist and unrevised interpretation of scripture, and rejects any idea that some parts of the Quran and sunnah are no longer applicable to modern society - but it is still a version of Islam, and its followers are still Muslims.

(BTW, your post illustrates the phenomenon that those who accuse others of bigotry are often those holding the more prejudiced views.)
Reply 14
Original post by DiddyDec
What makes someone a Muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saying the shahadah and following the 5 pillars of Islam.
Reply 15
Just because someone says they are muslim doesn't make them muslim
Just because someone says that someone is not a Muslim, doesn't make them not a Muslim.

Using your logic, if I call myself christian, I am, while disbelieving everything in the bible
As you well know, followers of the Khalifa don't just say "I am a Muslim" and nothing more.

Strictly speaking, by the rules of the Quran and sunnah, they are more likely to be viewed as "true Muslims" by Allah and Muhammad because they do not reject or attempt to culturally relativise any of Allah's word. They insist that it is all true, and as applicable today in Europe as it was in 7th century Arabia.

Now obviously, this approach is utterly insane, but it is very much in keeping with the demands of scripture.
Western liberals defining Islam :rofl: :facepalm2:

What the **** does he know about what is and isn't Islamic?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by QE2
Saying the shahadah and following the 5 pillars of Islam.

But how do you actually know that they are saying that and following the 5 pillars you mentioned? Anyone can say or claim that and it won't make them actual believers I think.
Reply 18
Original post by kka25
But how do you actually know that they are saying that and following the 5 pillars you mentioned? Anyone can say or claim that and it won't make them actual believers I think.
So we don't know if there are actally any real Muslims in the world at all?

Do you have any reason to believe that they have not said the shahadah and are not following the 5 pillars?
That is BS he is ok

Quick Reply

Latest