The Student Room Group

You are given £10,000. You are told to spend it with a day!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I would buy a one way ticket to Australia, and a house in Melbourne so I could be near my boyfriend.
Reply 81
Original post by Kalail
I would buy a one way ticket to Australia, and a house in Melbourne so I could be near my boyfriend.

ok lol wtf
go to kyoto and live there forever
Me:

Invest it in small-cap stocks, preferably in the technology sector.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Mens-Day-Date-President-Diamond-Dial-Bezel-Bracelet-w-Emeralds-18K-/172007510355?hash=item280c725153:g:OVsAAOSwf-VWUkis
that's £8,875
then just spend the other £1,125 on cigars, champagne, vodka and fine dining
so lets say £225 on fine dining as a feast of steak, chips, gammon and egg along with creme brulee and chocolate souffle
that leave £900 so i'll spend £405 on a bottle of champagne and £180 on a bottle of vodka so that leaves £315 to spend
cigars and accessories which cost £300 and i'll just donate the last £15 to charity

http://www.cigarsofcuba.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000955.pl

https://thechampagnecompany.com/products/veuve-clicquot-methuselah-yellow-label-brut-champagne-nv-600cl?gclid=Cj0KEQiA7rmzBRDezri2r6bz1qYBEiQAg-YEtsNLvaew1FI-h6jZwZtXQX-MuM5imx4Eqj4oibOWcg8aAl8B8P8HAQ

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=vodka&tbs=vw:l,mr:1,cat:2107,p_ord:tongue:d&tbm=shop&spd=16074709162158946927
Easy.

I'd use it to buy more money.
Get 3 hookers minimum each night for about a month 😏
Original post by ViewsFromSi6

But then after the month ends how are you gonna cope with sleeping alone for the rest of your life

Spoiler

Reply 88
Original post by ViewsFromSi6

The idea being presumably that it will only seem like it was a day?
Original post by Semaphore
What will you spend it on?

Me:

1. £1000 Macbook laptop
2. £1000 HP laptop
3. £2000 Clothes, Shoes
4. £700 iPad Pro
5. £1300 saving
6. £2000 iMac
7. £1000 HD TV
8. 10p to Charity
9. £1000 2nd hand rolex

Why all the computers? Wouldn't one really kick ass one be better?
Reply 90
If you are allowed to spend it on things that you can keep after the day then this isn't very interesting.(Sorry,don't mean to sound harsh.)

If you have to spend it on things that you must relinquish at the end of the day has ended then honestly there is only one way to spend that money that will make increase your happiness and I believe someone mentioned it.........

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
1. Some new clothes, like pyjamas/shirts - £100
2. Flat deposit for Uni - £300
3. Falconry equipment and harris hawk - £500
3. Putting together a local event to raise money for charity - £500 (location, decoration, hiring, etc.)
4. Charities - £7350
5. Put together homemade "homeless kits", with sleeping bags, warm clothing, £50 in each, etc. x 10 - £1200
6. Buy food for each of the x10 homeless I give the kits to and give them some company for a while - £50
Reply 92
burn it
1) £1000 computer

2) £9000 to Charity.

Others need the cash more.
Reply 94
Holiday for family and some to charity
Original post by Alexion
My computer's all dressed up for Christmas too :h:

Spoiler

Hey man what are your specs? Looks very snazzy!
Original post by metaljoe
Hey man what are your specs? Looks very snazzy!

i5 4690k, 16GB DDR3, GTX 970, fairly typical setup tbh :h: just invested in a nice case, some LEDs and an H55 to make it look fancy :lol:
Original post by Alexion
i5 4690k, 16GB DDR3, GTX 970, fairly typical setup tbh :h: just invested in a nice case, some LEDs and an H55 to make it look fancy :lol:
Haha nice one dude i thought i saw a corsair water cooler in there (h100i) . Solid gpu, cpu and ram man. I was thinking about getting that case but it has no disc bay so i couldnt install old games and cds on my pc.
Invest it :u:
Original post by metaljoe
Haha nice one dude i thought i saw a corsair water cooler in there (h100i) . Solid gpu, cpu and ram man. I was thinking about getting that case but it has no disc bay so i couldnt install old games and cds on my pc.

I have a pretty cheap external drive I use for that stuff.

Turns out some of them don't need it anyway - the activation key for my old Total War games was all I needed to install them (download through Steam rather than off the disc...).

Quick Reply

Latest