The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/

is this the link you're talking about? o.O
Original post by serenial
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/

is this the link you're talking about? o.O

:congrats:
Honestly thought you were trolling with that link by looking at just the title of the website :P
Original post by connieiscrazy
How will they know they want you if they haven't interviewed you? I'm guessing the college you were interviewed at passes on their comments?

Yes, that's how it works
image.jpg
Original post by misschievous2505
can anybody tell me how to draw this graph.
y=1/x12 - 1/x6
they asked me this question during the interview and of course,i could not do it.

Can you read this? Not sure if it all makes sense but it got me to an answer. And don't stress that you couldn't do it in the interview, you'll have done better than I just did in philosophy XD
Original post by lucyp08
How did you get onto this topic in a law interview! Definitely wasn't covered in mine haha

I think we were discussing abortion, and I mentioned that there were other ways to prevent pregnancy, e.g. you can get free condoms from sexual health clinics :colondollar:
Anyone else get rekt for Chem interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
All of us at the St John's JCR got rekt for chem :top::top:
Had two interviews for Maths today. I think they went alright and it was a really nice experience.
For some of the questions i needed help and hints, but got to the answer for all of them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9709
Original post by longsightdon
Anyone else get rekt for Chem interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did they ask you???????
Reply 9710
Original post by AsianMetalhead
All of us at the St John's JCR got rekt for chem :top::top:

What did they ask you??????
who else had an interview today??mine was soooo tough!
Reply 9712
Original post by misschievous2505
who else had an interview today??mine was soooo tough!

I'm having mine tomoz. What did they ask you for chemistry??????
Original post by Zechi
What did they ask you??????

It's probably not wise to disclose what you were asked yet... those same questions are likely to be asked to those who are competing against you over the next few days!
Reply 9714
Original post by fluteflute
It's probably not wise to disclose what you were asked yet... those same questions are likely to be asked to those who are competing against you over the next few days!

So in the biology interviews (as in my case) they ask the same questions to each applicant?
Had both my engineering interviews. They were quite nice, but don't know why they didn't stretch me a lot......😂Probably because I wasn't worthy, but great experience nonetheless!!! Make sure all you engineering applicants have fun! GLHF!
Original post by Ambre
So in the biology interviews (as in my case) they ask the same questions to each applicant?

Not always, but it's quite common for the tutors at a given college to ask the same questions to everyone they interview.

It's less common in the humanities, where they're more likely to spend more time talking about something from someone's personal statement.
Quick question about the pooling system, I was just wondering when you get told to interview at another college. How is the other college allocated, is it by their choice? Or is it through an algorithm? Or is it random? Thanks.
Original post by skylake
Quick question about the pooling system, I was just wondering when you get told to interview at another college. How is the other college allocated, is it by their choice? Or is it through an algorithm? Or is it random? Thanks.

It's certainly not always random, because I was reallocated to a mature college, obviously because they thought it might suit me better. Presumably they could also think any applicant's specific interests etc might be suited to certain tutors in certain colleges.
When they notify you of their decision post interview, do you receive something in the post?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending