The Student Room Group

Biology help-Homeostasis with reference to the blood PH

I need help with this, how does homeostasis affect the blood PH.

I don't understand and in class i don't seem to learn anything and i don't want to fall behind.

The only thing i know is that homeostasis is basically keeping the conditions in your body the same such as temperature.

Any help will be appriciated
What exam board are you doing for sciences? I'm sure you don't need to know about blood pH in reference to homoeostasis, at least at GCSE level.
Reply 2
Bump
Reply 3
Original post by Mayhem™
What exam board are you doing for sciences? I'm sure you don't need to know about blood pH in reference to homoeostasis, at least at GCSE level.

Its not actually science, its Anatomy and physiology(some what human biology)

I think i must have posted in the wrong thread.

Nontheless, do you have any idea?
Original post by Blackstarr
Its not actually science, its Anatomy and physiology(some what human biology)

I think i must have posted in the wrong thread.

Nontheless, do you have any idea?

Yeah, you might want to make this thread in a different category.
Sorry, I've never studied that subject:colondollar:
The blood keeps it's pH levels fairly constant (7.4 I believe) by use of a buffer system.
The buffer system is formed from dissolved carbon dioxide in the blood.
The carbon dioxide in your blood is in the form of carbonic acid which is in dynamic equilibrium with hydrogen carbonate.
Low pH blood level is referred to as acidosis, high levels as alkalosis.
If the pH levels of the blood were to fluctuate it would have an effect on the functioning of proteins etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Mayhem™
Yeah, you might want to make this thread in a different category.
Sorry, I've never studied that subject:colondollar:

I I guess so.:redface:
Reply 7
Original post by EricPiphany
The blood keeps it's pH levels fairly constant (7.4 I believe) by use of a buffer system.

Yes , somewhat along hose lines but there is more to this which i did not understand when my teacher was explaining.

:frown:
Original post by Blackstarr
Yes , somewhat along hose lines but there is more to this which i did not understand when my teacher was explaining.

:frown:

I've edited some more in. You need to find out what you need to know for your course.

Quick Reply

Latest