The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fibsy
Does anyone know if I can use the university gym while I'm here, or do I have to be a student?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need a member to sign you in. That's what I will be doing :smile:
If anybody else is staying in the IBIS Styles on Miller Street then drop me a message :smile:
Reply 662
Original post by Thoather
If anybody else is staying in the IBIS Styles on Miller Street then drop me a message :smile:

I'M STAYING THERE!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we just need to bring a passport to interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any one form of identification so a passport should be fine
Reply 665
How was the interview for everyone who's just done it today? :smile:
Original post by idklol
How was the interview for everyone who's just done it today? :smile:

Not too bad! The interviewers it seemed had not even looked at the personal statement though - the very first question was about my school subjects ... I'm a 25 year old graduate!
Original post by prospectivemed56
Not too bad! The interviewers it seemed had not even looked at the personal statement though - the very first question was about my school subjects ... I'm a 25 year old graduate!

Oh dear! Although I guess you can use it to break the ice :smile:
Reply 668
haha well at least it was some strange question that was intended to put you off!

can I just ask how many questions did they ask you...like its only 30 mins long so i was assuming it to be around 7-8...??
Reply 670
I heard from a friend who applied last year that Glasgow was really practical and down to earth in its questioning.

No trick questions or weirdness, just a genuine drive to find out who you are, why you think you'll make a good doctor and what makes you want to go to Glasgow?

Of course that could have changed now.

I've only done about 3 days prep. Trying to not over prep as trying to avoid sounding over rehearsed.

I have general answers and points in my head for the major questions:

Why medicine?
Why Glasgow?
Why me?

And a general grasp of the history of medicine and the NHS and the current and recent issues in medicine.

I'm not sure how much the current junior doctor thing is going to affect us up here in Scotland as the Scottish Parliament has already said they won't be enacting those changes.
Original post by saudkhan2508
can I just ask how many questions did they ask you...like its only 30 mins long so i was assuming it to be around 7-8...??

There were two sets of interviews (each with a different panel), both were 12 minutes long. I think they asked about 6 questions at each one? Ran out of time at both though! It is all a bit of a babbly blur to be honest.
Reply 672
There were two sets of interviews (each with a different panel), both were 12 minutes long. I think they asked about 6 questions at each one? Ran out of time at both though! It is all a bit of a babbly blur to be honest.
did you find that the interview went quite quickly? And was the second part just on the scenario?
My interview is tomorrow 9.30, anyone else around this time? Feeling nervous now, I feel I'm prepared enough without over rehearsing anything but I just hope I can articulate all the points in my head when it matters. I absolutely love Glasgow - the city is bloody beautiful. Can totally see myself living here for the next 5+ years...
Reply 674
Original post by Emilyi20
My interview is tomorrow 9.30, anyone else around this time? Feeling nervous now, I feel I'm prepared enough without over rehearsing anything but I just hope I can articulate all the points in my head when it matters. I absolutely love Glasgow - the city is bloody beautiful. Can totally see myself living here for the next 5+ years...

Don't worry about it, everyone goes in feeling nervous.
Reply 675

Mine is tomorrow at 9:30 too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by idklol
did you find that the interview went quite quickly? And was the second part just on the scenario?

Super quick. The second interview covered several 'standard' topics, as well as the scenario.
Original post by Ahem-
Don't worry about it, everyone goes in feeling nervous.

I know. I definitely ballsed up my Birmingham gep interview 3 years ago due to nerves so I just hope I can relax tomorrow. I do feel overall pretty good about it but you know.

Best of luck! Everyone was super nice and really seemed to want all the applicants to do well.
Best of luck! Everyone was super nice and really seemed to want all the applicants to do well.

Thanks :smile: I've heard a lot that Glasgow interviews are very friendly, it makes me feel a lot better!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending