The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Poppycharlotte
I just double checked my account - everything seems to be fine and access was allowed. When did you apply?
I was just concerned as I'm seeing others get offers/rejections from the universities I've applied to, yet I've had absolutely nothing :frown:

I applied 14th OCT with LNAT already completed.
I wouldn`t worry about hearing from the non-Oxbridge LNAT UNIs until after Oxford and Cambridge start giving out their offers in the New year. I think if you applied before 15th Oct they assume you applied to Oxbridge and prefer to give you an offer at the point you are most likely to be rejected and dejected and thereby most likely to take their offer.
Has anyone else still not heard anything about the Dickson poon scholarship from Kings. They said we'd know by the 11th, should I assume its a rejection?
Original post by Hopeful---
Has anyone else still not heard anything about the Dickson poon scholarship from Kings. They said we'd know by the 11th, should I assume its a rejection?

I believe that the scholarship applicants who are being considered have been shortlisted for an interview?
Original post by coalesce
I believe that the scholarship applicants who are being considered have been shortlisted for an interview?

That's what I thought, but it says in an earlier email they would tell us the outcome, either way. I got an offer a week after applying, so should I take it that thats it? So confusing!
Got kings t9day
That's what I thought, but it says in an earlier email they would tell us the outcome, either way. I got an offer a week after applying, so should I take it that thats it? So confusing!

Honestly - who knows? They may just be back-logged. Regardless, congrats on the offer!

I heard on Friday 11th, I was rejected as was stated in a previous email that they would let me know that week. So I would say they either forgot about you or you are still in the running. Just ask
Original post by JohnGreek
Was this M100? Scholarship or not?

An offer to study m100, i didnt apply scholarship yet
Got kings at 11:30 last night! Didn't apply for scholarship so was so unexpected but I'm over the moon!
Original post by MackenzieNation
Got kings at 11:30 last night! Didn't apply for scholarship so was so unexpected but I'm over the moon!

Can I ask when you sent your application off and did your LNAT?
Congratulations!
Reply 730
Original post by Solrac777
Did they give you additional feedback after that? I haven't actually, I've been quite busy and I just keep procrastinating aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, they just sort of said that they don't have the resources to provide more detailed feeback which is fair enough I guess. They might be more willing in your case though since their might be confusion around your qualifications and what not.
Hello - noticing that lots of KCL applicants are discussing their applications for the Dickson Pool UG Law Scholarship ... I haven't had an offer from them yet and was wondering whether it's best to apply for it before or after you've had an offer from them? Or does it not really affect your application to study there?

Thank you!! :smile:
Original post by Lucy0312
Hello - noticing that lots of KCL applicants are discussing their applications for the Dickson Pool UG Law Scholarship ... I haven't had an offer from them yet and was wondering whether it's best to apply for it before or after you've had an offer from them? Or does it not really affect your application to study there?

Thank you!! :smile:

In my experience it didn't effect me getting an offer. Think I'll apply for the scholarship now I've got a conditional but wanted to be secure in it first. Now that it's the second round of the scholarship apps I don't think it'll matter when you do it!
Original post by kirblaw3
Can I ask when you sent your application off and did your LNAT?
Congratulations!

I sent my UCAS off on October 16th. It was processed by kings on the 21st of the same month. I sat the LNAT on 8th of October. Thank you!
Original post by MackenzieNation
In my experience it didn't effect me getting an offer. Think I'll apply for the scholarship now I've got a conditional but wanted to be secure in it first. Now that it's the second round of the scholarship apps I don't think it'll matter when you do it!

Thank you and well done on your offer! Do you mind me asking what your AS grades were and what your predicted grades are?
Reply 735
Original post by Poppycharlotte
I still haven't received offers from any of my LNAT uni's (Durham, UCL, Nottingham) and I applied on 11th of October, sat my LNAT on the 12th. Starting to become really worried about whether they've actually received my scores/essay, or whether I just messed up and they're holding out to see if any better candidates come along??

I applied to Nottingham too, UCAS sent on the 5th of November and no reply as of yet.. Did you get a recognition email from Nottingham at all??
Original post by lks97
I applied to Nottingham too, UCAS sent on the 5th of November and no reply as of yet.. Did you get a recognition email from Nottingham at all??

When did you sit your LNAT?
I did yeah, and they send a pretty weird email around a month ago saying they weren't holding decisions out unnecessarily and that those who met the target grades but didn't do well in LNAT would be 'gathered and held' or something!
I received my UCL offer today! Was wondering who else has??
Original post by perlan98
I received my UCL offer today! Was wondering who else has??

Wooow!!! Congrats :smile: when did you send your application :biggrin: I am excited

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 739
I sat my LNAT early september!
oh that's weird? I haven't actually received a confirmation email saying they've received my application or anything so I'm abit worried ..
I might drop them a quick email just to check ahah

Latest

Trending

Trending