The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Applied to Bangor 2016

Scroll to see replies

I just received a conditional offer from Bangor for Health and Social Care, and while I only have 2 out of my 5 offers back Bangor is looking like my firm choice :biggrin: Though I have to admit they did take their time with getting back to me. It is nice to see there will be friendly people there, judging from the posts on this thread :smile: Have any of you started looking at accommodation? Also congrats to everyone who has received an offer!! :biggrin:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by Lauren1921
It depends what have you applied to do? 😊

I applied to study Creative Studies but lucky for me they gave me an offer last night!! So happy!
Original post by eddie821007
I just received a conditional offer from Bangor for Health and Social Care, and while I only have 2 out of my 5 offers back Bangor is looking like my firm choice :biggrin: Though I have to admit they did take their time with getting back to me. It is nice to see there will be friendly people there, judging from the posts on this thread :smile: Have any of you started looking at accommodation? Also congrats to everyone who has received an offer!! :biggrin:

I've got all my offers back now and I've decided to go to Bangor (got them as my Firm and Insurance choice for Computer Science and Computer Information Systems). I've started looking at accommodation and there's certainly alot of choice xD
Original post by BekahMay
Hi,
I thought I would start and applicant forum for 2016, I haven't seen one so far :smile:
So what are you applying to study?
Have you got an offer yet?
Have you considered accommodation?

I'm applying to study archaeology, my college hasn't sent my ucas off so no offers from anywhere. I think if I get an offer Bangor will be my firm :smile:

I've applied, received an offer last night after a week of waiting for English Language and Linguistics.
Was my first choice but unsure if the nightlife is right for me.

Does anyone know what the night life is like at Bangor?
Original post by LauraYeates
Hey guys,

I studied at Bangor before, fantastic uni, great facilities and the cafes on the pier are an absolute peach. Would reccomend!!!!

Thanks,
Laura.

How is Bangor for going out/nightlife/clubs and bars etc ? Thanks
Original post by LuckySmall
I applied to study Creative Studies but lucky for me they gave me an offer last night!! So happy!

Congratulations! I've noticed they're taking longer to respond to courses like marine biology and computer sciences 😊 I applied for English Literature and History and got an offer back in 11 days which really surprised me as others were taking a month at least 😊
Original post by LuckySmall
How long did it take for them to respond to your offers? The wait is so nerve wracking since I have offers from all the other universities I applied to.

Took me one week to get a Bangor offer (English Language & Linguistics)... good luck!
Reply 87
Any other zoologists/biologists to start sept 2016 :smile: ??
Got my conditional offer last week! :biggrin:
Original post by eddie821007

With regards to accommodation, I highly recommend going on Ffriddoedd site as a first year. Most first years go here and it generally is the place to be when you're a fresher! You're in the middle of everything and it allows you to get your bearings and it's where all the activities happen x
Original post by Jimbobob
I've got all my offers back now and I've decided to go to Bangor (got them as my Firm and Insurance choice for Computer Science and Computer Information Systems). I've started looking at accommodation and there's certainly alot of choice xD

With regards to accommodation, I highly recommend going on Ffriddoedd site as a first year. Most first years go here and it generally is the place to be when you're a fresher! You're in the middle of everything and it allows you to get your bearings and it's where all the activities happen x

St Mary's is mainly for 2nd/3rd/post grad students although first years are allowed to stay there. It about £2k more than Ffriddoedd site and is new although it is on the other side of Bangor up a MASSIVE hill. Like I said, Ffriddoedd site would be a lot more beneficial to you as you'll be where the event's happen! :smile: you should head up for an open day as they explain how halls work!
Just thought i'd mention as well, I do hall tours for Bangor's open days so I have lots of information about halls and how the process works! (I believe we are one of the only universities that do halls the way we do) so if you want any more information just let me know!
Hi! So I've been invited to Bangor for an interview for Mental Health Nursing! I was just wondering if anyone else has? Or if anyone knows what questions to anticipate being asked? Congrats to everyone who has offers already! :-)
I got an interview for Primary Education in the beginning of January!!! Yay!!! Excited!!!!!!
Reply 93
Original post by croatoan
well done! :biggrin: with those predicted grades they're bound to accept you :smile: even if you don't reach the requirements (which i'm sure you will) they accepted me and quite a few others with lower grades than what they asked so I wouldn't worry too much :smile:

Thanks! I've set it as my insurance I heard back from all my others and I've applied marine biology as my firm but they offered me 320 points so I dot think I will get in so I'm praying for marine geography at 280 points
Original post by charj98
Thanks! I've set it as my insurance I heard back from all my others and I've applied marine biology as my firm but they offered me 320 points so I dot think I will get in so I'm praying for marine geography at 280 points

Bangor doesn't offer many students places so well done on getting a place! Because of this they do tend to take students who have slightly lower grades than the offer :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by Harri2648
Bangor doesn't offer many students places so well done on getting a place! Because of this they do tend to take students who have slightly lower grades than the offer :smile:

4/5 of my offers are from Bangor I loved it so much thank you!
Original post by charj98
4/5 of my offers are from Bangor I loved it so much thank you!

No problem! Did you come up for an open day?
Original post by charj98

they'll probably accept your firm anyway :smile: I did the same as you last year. My firm offer was 320, and my insurance 300.I ended up getting more points than 320 that cause I did EPQ too, but i didn't get an A and a B in two subjects they asked for... got a B and C in the respective subjects and still took me. I know a lot of people were accepted on similar grounds :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by Harri2648
No problem! Did you come up for an open day?

Yeah on Halloween you?
Reply 99
Original post by croatoan
they'll probably accept your firm anyway :smile: I did the same as you last year. My firm offer was 320, and my insurance 300.I ended up getting more points than 320 that cause I did EPQ too, but i didn't get an A and a B in two subjects they asked for... got a B and C in the respective subjects and still took me. I know a lot of people were accepted on similar grounds :smile:

They want a B in bio so I think it souls be okay but chemistry is gonna be harder but I'm praying they will all fingers crossed

Quick Reply

Latest