The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
Anything for you, Hatless Cat. :h:

I went to Cardiff yesterday and I L-O-V-E-D it. It's also safe to say no one gave me the judgemental stares you falsely warned me of. :wink:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I went to Cardiff yesterday and I L-O-V-E-D it. It's also safe to say no one gave me the judgemental stares you falsely warned me of. :wink:

:frown:

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman
:frown:

Spoiler

It's sooo much nicer than London. And it was lovely how I approached nearly 10 people for directions (lol) and they didn't have that awful "why are you approaching me"-ridden face that Londoners tend to wear. :lol:

Newport was lovely, I didn't see much of the area because the Software Academy (which is very fancy looking and modern on the top floor :daydreaming:) is literally right next to it :h:

And the lecturers are so lovely oh my :zomg:

Have you applied to Cardiff too?
It's sooo much nicer than London. And it was lovely how I approached nearly 10 people for directions (lol) and they didn't have that awful "why are you approaching me"-ridden face that Londoners tend to wear. :lol:

Newport was lovely, I didn't see much of the area because the Software Academy (which is very fancy looking and modern on the top floor :daydreaming:) is literally right next to it :h:

And the lecturers are so lovely oh my :zomg:

Newport isn't the best place though, I find. I did a week-long placement at a GP surgery there in October and, well, let's just say that you feel the difference compared to Cardiff when you're travelling on public transport in Newport. The people in Cardiff are also a lot nicer. :lol:

I like Cardiff -- it gets all the best stuff (albeit not to the same extent as London) and is still small enough not to be like London in the all the bad ways.

Have you applied to Cardiff too?

Yessum, hence my presence on this thread. :wink: I'm not just here to troll hatless kitties, you know. :rofl:
Original post by Hydeman
Newport isn't the best place though, I find. I did a week-long placement at a GP surgery there in October and, well, let's just say that you feel the difference compared to Cardiff when you're travelling on public transport in Newport. The people in Cardiff are also a lot nicer. :lol:

I like Cardiff -- it gets all the best stuff (albeit not to the same extent as London) and is still small enough not to be like London in the all the bad ways.

Yessum, hence my presence on this thread. :wink: I'm not just here to troll hatless kitties, you know. :rofl:

Oh no no, I won't be in Newport long enough to need to travel there, where I'll be studying is only a two-minute walk away from the station so I won't need to interact with the people there :lol: funny how a 20-25 minute train journey can make such a difference to the atmosphere :lol:

Well who knows, you may simply be knowledgable in the area and want to give the applicants a heads up ffs :hmmm: :innocent:
Oh no no, I won't be in Newport long enough to need to travel there, where I'll be studying is only a two-minute walk away from the station so I won't need to interact with the people there :lol: funny how a 20-25 minute train journey can make such a difference to the atmosphere :lol:

Ah, fair enough. And yes, the drop in living standards when you cross into Newport is quite perceptible. :wink:

Well who knows, you may simply be knowledgable in the area and want to give the applicants a heads up ffs :hmmm: :innocent:

I'm a recluse so I don't really know much about the area -- I certainly couldn't tell you anything about the so-called 'nightlife' here. :lol:

Also, I don't like people so I don't help them. :smile:
Got a conditional for Media & Communication :smile: still waiting for decisions from the other courses I applied to at Cardiff though. I hope to get an offer for Media, Journalism and Culture, which will be my firm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had an interview for Mental Health Nursing on Friday, just waiting to see if I get an offer!
Original post by LFB2612
I applied for Mechanical Engineering and have an interview :smile: I'm from Cardiff 🤓

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I have also applied to study Mechanical Engineering at Cardiff University, just sent my application off on Thursday. When did you send your application off and how long did you have to wait for a response?
Also, what were your predicted grades?
Im doing my MA in English Literature at Cardiff starting Sept 2016.

Im from the Bridgend/Cardiff area so anyone has any questions then hit me up :smile:
Anyone received anything for biomedical science, it's been past 4 weeks for me now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 211
Just got an offer for mathematics, operational research and statistics!
Original post by niki697
Just got an offer for mathematics, operational research and statistics!

Wow! congrats ...when did you apply and what were your predicted grades..
Reply 213
Original post by coolmaths
Wow! congrats ...when did you apply and what were your predicted grades..

I applied about a month ago and my grades are ABB. The offer was for AAB :smile:
Reply 214

Newport was lovely

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAAHAHAAA

...sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 215
Also, Cardiff local and student here if anyone needs advice or info.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAAHAHAAA

...sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shut it mate :hmmm:

My potential place of teaching in Newport was lovely :colonhash:
Original post by Green98
Hopefully will be studying maths there, and Im from Cardiff too! Has anyone else applied to study maths, and have you heard anything back from them?

I am! :tongue: I've just sent my application some quite recently. Have you heard back yet?

That's great. Most people have been telling me to avoid Cardiff, and the fact that there's more racism there towards black people there... which I don't believe is true.
Original post by kkboyk

That's great. Most people have been telling me to avoid Cardiff, and the fact that there's more racism there towards black people there... which I don't believe is true.

Well, I certainly didn't encounter anyone racist while I was there and it had a fair diversity of ethnicities to. I can say that the people are soooo much friendlier than people in London, no doubt! But who knows, maybe they were just putting on an act for my visit. :rofl:
Reply 219
Original post by kkboyk

Probably a bunch of London ******s who think they're superior to everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending