The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

By the way I asked how long it would be and was told the 4-6 weeks but I got an offer today, so it only took me 2 so I guess it just depends on the course demand etc but obviously is a lot quicker than the time stated!
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 21
Oh, awesome! Congrats!! Thanks for letting me know :smile:
Original post by SianVee
Hi Katie,

I just sent off my UCAS application for the CVA and CAA (Animation) courses today, and have just received confirmation from them that admissions have it! I was wondering, is the 4-6 weeks response thing the response time for interview offers or place offers? And also, how much warning will they likely give me before an interview (like will they invite me to come the weekend before or a month or two beforehand)?

Thanks! Sian

Hi Sian,

It's actually looking more like 6-8 weeks now, sorry! Although as emilieneville says, it can be a lot quicker sometimes! 6-8 weeks is usually the time you'll need to wait before we reply to your application. We usually have set interview days, so it will really depend how close your application was put in to this date. We are quite flexible though, so if you can't make a date we can usually offer you another!

Hope that helps,
Katie
Original post by emilieneville
By the way I asked how long it would be and was told the 4-6 weeks but I got an offer today, so it only took me 2 so I guess it just depends on the course demand etc but obviously is a lot quicker than the time stated!

Congratulations! :party2:
Reply 24
Argh Katie!

I see what you mean by it depends how close your application is put into the dates for interviews - I got an invite to interview this morning!! On the 16th!!! It is going to be a mad rush to sort my portfolio. Eek!!

Sian
Original post by SianVee
Argh Katie!

I see what you mean by it depends how close your application is put into the dates for interviews - I got an invite to interview this morning!! On the 16th!!! It is going to be a mad rush to sort my portfolio. Eek!!

Sian

Congratulations Sian! Goodness me, that is soon, isn't it? If you're worried, you can always give us a call to see if we can offer you a later date. But I'm sure you'll pull it out the bag!

Good luck and let us all know how it goes.

Katie
Reply 26
Original post by Bournemouth University
Congratulations Sian! Goodness me, that is soon, isn't it? If you're worried, you can always give us a call to see if we can offer you a later date. But I'm sure you'll pull it out the bag!

Good luck and let us all know how it goes.

Katie

Thanks! I'm sure I will be ready. And I won't have as much time to wait/panic about it! Will let you know how I find it. :smile: Thank you!

Sian
Applied for Media Production :excited:

Dreading the wait to find out! It's only been 2 days but I'm still freaking out whenever I see something in my inbox XD 'tis gonna be a long couple a weeks... Fingers crossed!

Best of luck everyone!
Last week I received a interview invite to study my dream course of children and young people's nursing and hopefully if I am successful in the interview I will be studying at my number 1 uni! It is on the 12/1/16! Has anyone else got an interview for that date and is anyone attending that interview for the same course?

Good luck to all of you awaiting a decision from Bournemouth! :biggrin: :smile: xx
Original post by RadioBlaBla

Dreading the wait to find out! It's only been 2 days but I'm still freaking out whenever I see something in my inbox XD 'tis gonna be a long couple a weeks... Fingers crossed!

Best of luck everyone!

Hey RadioBlaBla,

I'm Chris and I am a student ambassador for BU studying at Marketing Communications. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with your application!

Feel free to ask me (or any of the other ambassadors) any questions if you have them!

Thanks and good luck!

Chris :biggrin:
Original post by futurechildnurse
Last week I received a interview invite to study my dream course of children and young people's nursing and hopefully if I am successful in the interview I will be studying at my number 1 uni! It is on the 12/1/16! Has anyone else got an interview for that date and is anyone attending that interview for the same course?

Good luck to all of you awaiting a decision from Bournemouth! :biggrin: :smile: xx

Hey fcn,

Congratulations! I'm Chris and I am a student ambassador studying Marketing Communications at BU! Let me know if you have any questions! :biggrin:

Chris
hi i have an interview for january 25th i have applied for adult nursing. will i be at a disadvantage as so may poeple have interviews in december? :s-smilie:
Original post by sushiistar
hi i have an interview for january 25th i have applied for adult nursing. will i be at a disadvantage as so may poeple have interviews in december? :s-smilie:

Hi Sushii

My name is Amy and I am a student ambassador for BU. It is unlikely that you would be at a disadvantage (it wouldn't be fair on you or anyone else who gets a January date). However if you are worried I would suggest asking Katie or calling up askBU. Both should be able to help.

If you have any more questions I am more than happy to help.

askBU:
01202 961916

Amy
Just received unconditional offer for business studies at Bournemouth which is my first choice. So am wondering about accomadation which halls is best for social life etc...
Original post by RadioBlaBla

Best of luck everyone!

I applied for Media Production too! Have you done your 1 minute clip?

Mine was due in on the 2nd and I got an offer today :colondollar:
Original post by annagrace1
I applied for Media Production too! Have you done your 1 minute clip?

Mine was due in on the 2nd and I got an offer today :colondollar:

Yay:biggrin: Congrats! Can I see yours?

I finished it yesterday and sent it in due for Thursday:smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIZKSovKRX0
Original post by Bournemouth University
Hi everyone!

Thanks for popping along to the BU forum. We're setting up this thread for anyone that's thinking of applying to study with us in 2016. You can ask us questions, chat among yourselves, or meet other people from the course you'd like to study.

To get the ball rolling, perhaps you'd like to tell us your name and what you're thinking of studying.

Have a great weekend!

Katie

Got an offer from Bournemouth to study Sport Psychology and Coaching Sciences :-)
Reply 37
Hey Guys,
Just wondering what is the maths and English test like before we can move to the interview stage. I am really worried because I really don't want to fail it.

Thanks Peta
Reply 38
Just received an unconditional offer to study Children's and Young People's Nursing at BU! Absolutely delighted :-)
Original post by Peta
Hey Guys,
Just wondering what is the maths and English test like before we can move to the interview stage. I am really worried because I really don't want to fail it.

Thanks Peta

Hi Peta,

Which course are you applying for? Maybe someone else has already had an interview for that course and can offer some advice!

Katie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending