The Student Room Group

I don't tend to listen to ending themes as much, because I'm often trying to watch as many episodes as possible in the shortest amount of time. I also haven't watched a lot of animes, but my favourites from the ones I have watched are Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai by Yoko Hikasa (Shingeki no Kyojin) and Lacrimosa by Kalafina (Kuro****suji).

On another note, I finished watching No Game No Life last night.... and I feel empty inside. I love animes that require you to digest each episode because there is so much packed into them.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Here's a list of my Top 12 anime OP themes from 2015, in case anybody's interested.

(We'll reach 10,000 posts by the New Year, even if I have to do the last 35 myself :blow: )

Brave Shine from UBW was easily my favourite OP. You not a fan?

Kekkai Sensen comfortably my favorite OP. I enjoy this cover a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqlHlCzBuew

Your link on the Seraph OP doesn't seem to work btw.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BookBird
I don't tend to listen to ending themes as much, because I'm often trying to watch as many episodes as possible in the shortest amount of time. I also haven't watched a lot of animes, but my favourites from the ones I have watched are Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai by Yoko Hikasa (Shingeki no Kyojin) and Lacrimosa by Kalafina (Kuro****suji).

On another note, I finished watching No Game No Life last night.... and I feel empty inside. I love animes that require you to digest each episode because there is so much packed into them.

Those were just my favourite ending themes from this year's series. I struggle to narrow down my all time favourites from everything I've watched, though from the top of my head, See-Saw's Yasashii Yoake (from .hack//SIGN) has got to be a contender.

I'm a big fan of the two you mentioned as well though. :biggrin:

Original post by xDave-
Brave Shine from UBW was easily my favourite OP. You not a fan?

Kekkai Sensen comfortably my favorite OP. I enjoy this cover a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqlHlCzBuew

Your link on the Seraph OP doesn't seem to work btw.

Cheers for letting me know about the Seraph OP, I'll fix that now. :smile:

I feel bad about leaving out the Kekkai Sensen OP, it'd definitely be my #13.

You're not the first person to call me out on not including Brave Shine... for whatever reason, the song did nothing for me. I think I skipped it every week, and when I rewatched the themes for all the 2015 series right before making the post (helps to refresh my memory), it didn't stand out at all. :dontknow:

Plagioclase
:waffo:

For whatever reason, I can't see your post/quote, though it's showing up in my notifications. :hmmmm2: Ignore this if you intentionally deleted it or something.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
For whatever reason, I can't see your post/quote, though it's showing up in my notifications. :hmmmm2: Ignore this if you intentionally deleted it or something.

I'm illiterate, so I didn't realise that your lists of OP/ending themes were just about 2015, so was unfairly complaining about omissions :lol:
Just wanted to say that Charlotte has the biggest bloody plot twist I have ever seen O_O

allowing the quality of my posts to slip slightly to reach that magical 10k
(edited 8 years ago)

Will preview in good time my friend. I'm rather confident it will be a good of read as always. I have seen one potential series to watch but doubt i'll be keeping up with the rest.

*just reposting so that it's at the top of the page

I've timed my manga reading so that I'll finish all my complete series (Choku!, Josou Shounen Anthology Comic, Tokyo Crazy Paradise and Tweeting Love Birds) before the end of the year... time to start putting together a new reading list for 2016! :biggrin: I've already decided to go with Ikigami for one of the longer series, since the premise sounds really interesting.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hibzish
Im so old with anime im watching kuroko no basket and cowboy bebop

To be fair tho im waiting for season 2 of rokka no yuusha and akatsuki no yona

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could watch kuroko no basket quite a few times before getting tired of it tbh.One of my favourites of all time(sports fan).

It was too short,the anime(no game no life).But,yeah its possibly because of what you mentioned,'so much packed in them'.I looked around for the manga(as I always do when the anime's not continuing)but I could'nt find anything. :colonhash:
Original post by economist2
It was too short,the anime(no game no life).But,yeah its possibly because of what you mentioned,'so much packed in them'.I looked around for the manga(as I always do when the anime's not continuing)but I could'nt find anything. :colonhash:

There's a book or something. Gah, I forgot the name, but there is a book. I was going to read it to find out what happens in the rest of the story. Who knows when season 2 is coming out :P

I quit No Game on the 3rd episode. Found it so annoying.
Original post by Vikingninja
I quit No Game on the 3rd episode. Found it so annoying.

Really? What did you find annoying? The characters? I did stop after episode 2 for a while because I found it quite... weird. However, it gets really good later on. It's got some real brain teasers in there, which is what I liked most.
There's a book or something. Gah, I forgot the name, but there is a book. I was going to read it to find out what happens in the rest of the story. Who knows when season 2 is coming out :P

A book huh.dunno if I'd be willing to ry something new like that.

I cant count the times I switched from anime to manga cos I just could'nt wait.Gonna watch ep.11 of onepunchman now and prolly start the manga tomorrow.Onepunchman brught me to tears,a true hero(I put him third after Luffy and Naruto).I see ur a mirai nikki fan.:h:
Really? What did you find annoying? The characters? I did stop after episode 2 for a while because I found it quite... weird. However, it gets really good later on. It's got some real brain teasers in there, which is what I liked most.

I literally thought that I was inside the mind of that type of otaku.
A book huh.dunno if I'd be willing to ry something new like that.

I cant count the times I switched from anime to manga cos I just could'nt wait.Gonna watch ep.11 of onepunchman now and prolly start the manga tomorrow.Onepunchman brught me to tears,a true hero(I put him third after Luffy and Naruto).I see ur a mirai nikki fan.:h:

Oh my gosh, One Punch Man..... I don't know how I feel about it. The concept is quite amusing. How do you switch between anime and manga? I just can't.. if I start an anime, I can't switch to the manga. This is why I haven't read the manga for AoT, even though I'm burning to find out what happens. Mira Nikki is one of my faves c:
Oh my gosh, One Punch Man..... I don't know how I feel about it. The concept is quite amusing. How do you switch between anime and manga? I just can't.. if I start an anime, I can't switch to the manga. This is why I haven't read the manga for AoT, even though I'm burning to find out what happens. Mira Nikki is one of my faves c:

hmm,its just that I always cry when the protagonist is super strong but humble and cool haha.I can go into more detail if u'd like. :tongue:

I dunno.sumthin wrong wih me.I watched half of bleach till byakua vs ichigo then read till the current ongoing chapter.Somewhat the same for narto and onepiece but im watchin as well as reading because anime is better in most cases with soundtracks and all.But,manga is quicker.Thats the biggest reason I guess.AOT,I read the manga but haven't uncoveed much so relax haha.But AOT is definitely better watched then read.

I liked mirai nikki but not one of my favourites.It was a great story but really mixed up in a lot of genres so I have'nt really considered where I'd put it in ranking.
hmm,its just that I always cry when the protagonist is super strong but humble and cool haha.I can go into more detail if u'd like. :tongue:

I dunno.sumthin wrong wih me.I watched half of bleach till byakua vs ichigo then read till the current ongoing chapter.Somewhat the same for narto and onepiece but im watchin as well as reading because anime is better in most cases with soundtracks and all.But,manga is quicker.Thats the biggest reason I guess.AOT,I read the manga but haven't uncoveed much so relax haha.But AOT is definitely better watched then read.

I liked mirai nikki but not one of my favourites.It was a great story but really mixed up in a lot of genres so I have'nt really considered where I'd put it in ranking.

I read Bleach from beginning to approx. chapter 620 or something, till Nemu's backstory. Read all of Naruto as well :smile: I like manga for the same reasons, and also I can easily save my favourite scenes, take screenshots and stuff. With anime, saving the whole episode isn't practical. I liked Mirai Nikki because of Yuno, she's the only reason I kept watching it, lol.
I just finished watching the daily lives of highschool boys, which I found a bit boring.
And just started watching beyond the boundary

Latest