no
Real
Trashy
Yobs

(allowed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZaJYDPY-YQ

Spoiler

Original post by jake4198
To be called Hitler for stating a perfectly rationed point just shows your immaturity. Why should someone who takes another person's life deserve to live theirs? And you're the same person who thinks Christmas is a capitalist plot so if I was you I'd take a look in the mirror.

Oh yeah, because killing someone to show that the fact they killed someone is wrong, is really effective and not hypocritical in the slightest...
Original post by Goaded
whats a yob
Look in the mirror.

Spoiler

Reply 63
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Look in the mirror.

Spoiler

I feel like you're being mean but not 100% sure so I'll stop replying now. :h:
Original post by honey55497
do you support capital punishment and why ?

Morally, no. However I do support voluntary suicide by prisoners.
Practically, only in extremely convoluted situations that would likely never happen.
Original post by Goaded
I feel like you're being mean but not 100% sure so I'll stop replying now. :h:

yob:

The antithesis of what a good boy should be - rude, obnoxious, violent and stupid.

:innocent:
Uh yeah.
If the criminal took so many innocent lives why should they live, sleep, and eat? Is that really justice for the victims? Oh yeah. The criminal who brutally killed his or her victims gets to spend their entire life in prison alive with no suffering unless you call no freedom "suffering" when the victim did alive.

And i really don't want serial killers, serial rapists and just evil people released upon the world or back into society. You can strip their freedom but you can't extract their nature once they're back out again. If they take delight in doing evil then there's no point attempting to release them. They can be labeled "mentally ill" many times but they were in control whether to do evil or not.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by Zargabaath
Morally, no. However I do support voluntary suicide by prisoners.
Practically, only in extremely convoluted situations that would likely never happen.

no offence but dont u think they deserve it so if they murdered some one in ur family and the fact that they can repat doing it and cause harm to others
No. Nothing gives you the right to kill someone whether you're a terrorist or a policeman. Ever.
no offence but dont u think they deserve it so if they murdered some one in ur family and the fact that they can repat doing it and cause harm to others

No, I don't think anyone deserves their life taken if it's avoidable. Obviously in some cases it can't be helped, but I'm really against the idea of the state being able to restrain and then kill someone. It just seems barbaric to me. I'd like to see prisons reformed to attempt to rehabilitate criminals similar to Nordic prisons. Well with the exception of access to luxury items, that's too far imo.

However, if they're facing a life sentence or something, I'm fine with letting them take their own life.

Whether or not someone in my family was murdered, is irrelevant. If anything it should invalidate my opinion, emotional reasoning shouldn't be taken into to account for matters as serious as taking a life.
Well, thats a tough question. I wouldn't really say im against it as such.
However sometimes its the easy way out for people. But sometimes its like too harsh. It depends on the situation and the person.
Original post by jake4198
Mass murders, terrorists and child rapists have absolutely no place in society. Nor should those convicted of such crimes deserve public money to keep them alive in a prison for the rest of their lives.

It costs more in legal fees and appeals to have someone executed with a shred of humanity and morality than it does to keep them alive in a prison for the rest of their lives. This has been demonstrated in the U.S.
Original post by Macy1998
Uh yeah.
If the criminal took so many innocent lives why should they live, sleep, and eat? Is that really justice for the victims? Oh yeah. The criminal who brutally killed his or her victims gets to spend their entire life in prison alive with no suffering unless you call no freedom "suffering" when the victim did alive.

And i really don't want serial killers, serial rapists and just evil people released upon the world or back into society. You can strip their freedom but you can't extract their nature once they're back out again. If they take delight in doing evil then there's no point attempting to release them. They can be labeled "mentally ill" many times but they were in control whether to do evil or not.

Your argument makes no sense. You evidently have zero understanding of the point of prisons; they aren't there to make people suffer, they're there to rehabilitate people.

How many serial killers do you believe are released from prison in the UK each year? Who are you to assess another persons mental health?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. Morally, whatever someone has done it's not up to someone else to determine whether they 'deserve' to die.
do you support capital punishment and why ?

I support it, but then there's always the risk of executing an innocent person so unless there's certain evidence (like footage of the murder/rape) I think it would be best to just let them rot in jail.
No to CP. Murder is murder even if it is done by the state. Since I am apart of the society that is doing the killing I am by extension a murder.
Reply 76
'An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind'- Gandhi

If we kill those who kill/commit horrific crimes then we are no better than them, better to let them live without freedom than kill them.
Reply 77
Original post by sw651
'An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind'- Gandhi

If we kill those who kill/commit horrific crimes then we are no better than them, better to let them live without freedom than kill them.

no offence I do understand but what about if anything similar happened in ur family so say if someone was to murder any of ur family u wouldn't just forgive thers something called limited boundaried and also I know because juss said an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth is wrong
Reply 78
no offence I do understand but what about if anything similar happened in ur family so say if someone was to murder any of ur family u wouldn't just forgive thers something called limited boundaried and also I know because juss said an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth is wrong

It has happened, and I cannot wish death upon someone, we cannot judge whether someone lives or dies, that isn't our job
Reply 79
Original post by Vlad83
Various reasons or considerations.

1. Because no one is perfect (in my opinion). [And in any case, what is "perfection" anyway ? But that is going off the topic. ]. If someone punishing another one, then commits something themselves and is, in turn, in the "wrong", would they want to be punished themselves in turn .. or would they desire and hope to be forgiven or at least not treated harshly ?..
2. Because this is cruel (in my opinion). And I would just be "above" dealing with things in that sort of way. And generally, I just would not be able to "sign up" under something like that and can hardly imagine how I would live with myself afterwards. (But that is just me personally).
3. Because who are we (the people, the society) to decide who lives and who dies ? (With respect). Who are we to decide whether or not someone deserves to live or die ? Again I doubt we are that perfect or .. "competent" so to speak .
4. Because killing someone is, in a way, descending to the level of the very same act that is being condemned in the first place.

At least those sorts of reasons anyway.

there is something called minor and major mistakes minor mistakes is what all humans make such as lying stealing and things butnb things lyk major mistakes such as killing and rape is really bad and most killing would be planned if it is self defence that is a different story but murdering and rape its common sence

Quick Reply