The Student Room Group

Firm and Insurance Choice [Help needed]

I have received all my offers and in a few months need to make my final decision. I have 4 conditional offers and 1 unconditional ( really low ranked university, Anglia Ruskin). Should I choose the conditional offer from my highest ranked uni which are asking for ABB-BBB (University of Essex) as my firm choice and the unconditional from the really low ranked university as my insurance choice?
Hello!

If I was you I would choose Essex. I am a current student at Essex and I haven't regretted my choice of being here! Do your best and you'll be happy when you will finally make it to Essex :smile:
^Andriana
Reply 2
does the unconditional offer not have something whereby its only unconditional if its your firm?
Reply 3
anyway i would say go for the best university that you can. If the grades for essex are achievable then i would certainly go for that.
Original post by Whattodonext
I have received all my offers and in a few months need to make my final decision. I have 4 conditional offers and 1 unconditional ( really low ranked university, Anglia Ruskin). Should I choose the conditional offer from my highest ranked uni which are asking for ABB-BBB (University of Essex) as my firm choice and the unconditional from the really low ranked university as my insurance choice?

Ignore rankings, they don't really tell you much. Every applicant has different needs and priorities and the league tables don't judge universities on your standards. Which university do YOU like best? Have you visited them all? Which one FELT right? Which course is best in terms of individual modules?
Reply 5
Original post by andriana16
Hello!

If I was you I would choose Essex. I am a current student at Essex and I haven't regretted my choice of being here! Do your best and you'll be happy when you will finally make it to Essex :smile:
^Andriana

Thank you Adriana for your advise! I will be working to get the grades required to get into Essex, What are you studying and what year are you in?
Reply 6
Original post by emiloujess
Ignore rankings, they don't really tell you much. Every applicant has different needs and priorities and the league tables don't judge universities on your standards. Which university do YOU like best? Have you visited them all? Which one FELT right? Which course is best in terms of individual modules?

I have not visited all of the universities, I will be looking to arrange a date to check Anglia Ruskin out. thank you for your help!
Original post by Whattodonext
Thank you Adriana for your advise! I will be working to get the grades required to get into Essex, What are you studying and what year are you in?

Hiya, I also study at Essex, I'm in my final year studying Psychology! :smile:
Great to hear you are wanting to come here! If you have any questions about the university please feel free to ask :smile:
^Sharmila
Hi,

I am a first year International Management student at the University of Bath. Deciding which university to study at is a difficult process where it is essential that you consider as many factors as possible to ensure that you make the best decision.

Before you make any decisions I would always recommend attending offer holder days. Prior to the offer holder days I had no idea which university was best for me, I was confused by lots of different league tables and rankings in particular. By attending offer holder days you have the opportunity to get a feel for the university. After visiting Bath I could see myself studying there and knew that I would fit in to the community. This is a feeling that I didn't get from other competing universities.

Take a look at the modules, does one university offer modules that you feel you would enjoy more or apply to your career plans? For the lower ranked universities that you are considering, is there a specific factor that gives it the low ranking? Maybe that is something to consider asking about when you attend an offer holder day. For management related courses I believe that placements are extremely important, look at the support that the universities offer. Depending on your personal preferences you may also wish to consider distance from home and the standard of accommodation for example.

I was given an unconditional offer from a university, I didn't let this influence my decision. What is most important is that you go somewhere that you feel happy and comfortable, if that is somewhere that you have an unconditional offer from then perfect! If not, I would recommend pushing yourself and going for what you believe would be most beneficial to yourself. Had I decided to take my unconditional offer I would be disappointed to be studying somewhere that I hadn't set my heart on, even though I would have met all of the conditions for Bath!

Good luck with your decision,
Hayden

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending