The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Di Maria didn't want to go to United in the first place but Van Gaal the genius definitely was part of his poor performance.

Yeah. Di Maria wanted out - and who can blame him? He was never enamoured with England, reportedly, and a friend of mine who works in the media says there are rumours he downed tools from March onwards.

That's unprofessional, but I do feel for him in regards to the burglary. That can't have been easy.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Leicester to win the league + Vardy to get the golden boot was 2500000/1 at the start of the season.

Guarantee you there's somebody out there who put a tenner on that.
Original post by sr90
Guarantee you there's somebody out there who put a tenner on that.

was working it out

if you put a tenner on it

then this time next may

you will have lost a tenner
Its pretty clear we could desperately do with a player of his qualities but I'm loving the fact after snubbing us Pedro has been reduced to coming off the bench for a team fighting relegation. He could have been living it up with Ander, Juan and Big Dave, probably on some disgusting wage too.
There's not much you can do when he wants to leave. He didn't even show up for us in pre-season. He was playing poorly, though. You can't forget that. People can blame the positions he was playing in, but he was failing simple passes.
Reply 145
26th September: United - P7 W5 D1 L1 16pts
14th December: Chelsea - P16 W4 D3 L9 15pts

We had a good start but we've just fell off since then which is weird since it's the exact opposite of last year.
Original post by trapking
because he was not happy under LVG's system that's why he apologised as soon as he left! Henandez was also not happy, RVP as well! Di Maria is easily one of the best wingers in the world he's up there with other top players.

LVG's philosophy relies on having multi functional players who can play in multiple positions regardless of their favourite positions so if Di Maria wants to play attacking Left Wing for example LVG might be like no I want you to play as a CM. When players don't have freedom to enjoy the game they will leave it's as simple as that.....this is why Di Maria didn't perform as well as he should have done it's not because of the premier league but rather he could not play in his preferred position most of the time... he has the quality to destroy top level teams as we have seen him do against Arsenal etc.

If you have seen the champions league games that PSG have played he has had incredible influence over the team making killer assists....not to mention he is also scoring goals!

Stop being blinded he was poor for us after the game v arsenal
Thread's got to the 8th page and only NOW I've found out about it. :frown:
Would be ridiculously hilarious if Leicester win the league and Chelsea get relegated.

Honestly though, we have more chance of winning the league than Leicester. They'll drop off to outide top 4 soon enough. If they get top 4 (which actually doesn't seem all that unlikely) at the expense of Liverpool then that would also be hilarious.
Chelsea I think will finish above the relegation zone (obviously) but no higer than 10th.
Leicester coming 4th would be good for the league especially with the new TV deal. Remember when their owner said they'd come top 5 within 3 years and everyone laughed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Leicester coming 4th would be good for the league especially with the new TV deal. Remember when their owner said they'd come top 5 within 3 years and everyone laughed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The new TV money really gives these clubs something to build on now. It isn't simply a case of hoping they hold onto their best players and consolidate. This is a watershed season for Leicester, and all those clubs who strive to be top six and want to break the old guard's rule over the European qualification places.
Original post by Dirtybit
Later on:

You still up Chelsea's arse? Proper fraud you are lolololol. This will make Quote of the year.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3523623&page=391&highlight=chelsea%20top%204&p=60467429#post60467429

Lol again.

Made that comment in October and no one expected them to be where they are now:biggrin:
No it won't make comment of the year because I didn't say something absurd.
Chelsea finishing top 4 despite a poor start 2 months in= Quote of the year.
Typical United fan banter.
Original post by Fizzel
Its pretty clear we could desperately do with a player of his qualities but I'm loving the fact after snubbing us Pedro has been reduced to coming off the bench for a team fighting relegation. He could have been living it up with Ander, Juan and Big Dave, probably on some disgusting wage too.

At the same time, Everton's ability to keep hold of Stones has been justified. He'd be in a relegation scrap, rather than the top half, if he had made the move.
Hernandez: “I spoke with Van Gaal and he said that I only had a 1% chance of playing in my position, so I headed to Bayer."
Original post by Mackay
Hernandez: “I spoke with Van Gaal and he said that I only had a 1% chance of playing in my position, so I headed to Bayer."

thats just insulting lvg...no respect at all no matter how bad chicarito was plaaying he was never that bad...rude
Do you think that LVG makes players play worse? With the exception of Smalling, I don't think any of our players have actually improved under his "coaching". Rafael didn't even get time to prove himself, RVP played rubbish, Di Maria played bad, Mata is not playing well, Rooney plays like he's 39. Look at Martial, when he came he was playing so well and with confidence and now he looks goal shy :frown:

But I think this run of games without a win is not completely his fault, I think with a full squad we will start winning again. But I really hope we don't give him a extension, if I was Woodward i'd get Carlo in at the end of the season.

What do you guys think of Giggs taking over?
Original post by Mackay

I am happy he left and is doing well.

Lets face it, if he was here he would not be scoring as we create no chances.

I am happy he's doing well in Germany though, he is probably one of the most clinical forwards in world football :smile:
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Do you think that LVG makes players play worse? With the exception of Smalling, I don't think any of our players have actually improved under his "coaching". Rafael didn't even get time to prove himself, RVP played rubbish, Di Maria played bad, Mata is not playing well, Rooney plays like he's 39. Look at Martial, when he came he was playing so well and with confidence and now he looks goal shy :frown:

But I think this run of games without a win is not completely his fault, I think with a full squad we will start winning again. But I really hope we don't give him a extension, if I was Woodward i'd get Carlo in at the end of the season.

What do you guys think of Giggs taking over?

For me, appointing Giggs would be a massive, massive mistake.

Firstly he has no where near the experience and we've seen next to nothing of his ability to manage anything yet, let alone the biggest club in the country. Then there is the biggest issue for me, he is too close to SAF. If we go ahead and appoint him now, it looks like we have given up trying to get out of SAFs shadow, that romance and story is more important than getting someone qualified in. For me, I suspect it'll mark a long period in the wilderness for us.

Anyway, I don't think, if we are going to blame one man for our ills, that it should be LvG. Woodward has just as much, if not more to answer for,
Reply 158
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I am happy he left and is doing well.

Lets face it, if he was here he would not be scoring as we create no chances.

I am happy he's doing well in Germany though, he is probably one of the most clinical forwards in world football :smile:

mirin' username
Giggs' appointment would be a calamity.

Latest