The Student Room Group

Should we abolish the Monarchy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by #Whitehouse
Princess Diane/Dianna who was murdered in france for being pregnant with Dodi Fayed's kid. The royal family did not want an inpurity in the family. So murdered the both of them- the queen ordered the operation.

the only impurity is your spelling

:rofl:

there is no Diane or Dianna...
Original post by the bear
the only impurity is your spelling

:rofl:

there is no Diane or Dianna...

There was until the aueen assasinated her
Reply 62
Original post by Jammy Duel
Yes, the 50p per capita they take out is clearly so dreadful when they put in £4 per capita, and upon abolition and the incorporation of the royal estate that dropping down to about 50p it is so much better, oh, and that's without a large portion of the 50p per capita expenditure on the head of state going away. Congrats on costing the taxpayer 3 or 4 quid each :smile:

You see, my stance is that we should keep them as public figures, but not as head of state

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
You see, my stance is that we should keep them as public figures, but not as head of state

Pretty sure you can't be King or Queen without being Head of State.
Reply 64
Original post by gladders
Pretty sure you can't be King or Queen without being Head of State.

What I'm saying is that the position needs redefining....

Posted from TSR Mobile
There was until the aueen assasinated her

Sigh...

I notice you haven't responded to a perfectly reasonable point about a seatbelt protecting against assassination, a fairly typical conspiracy theorist behaviour to avoid questions you don't like and move on, rather than answer them.

I suppose if you read in the papers that Paris was awash with MI5 and MI6 agents and the SAS, then it must be true, (sarcasm alert), but here's the thing - countries routinely have intelligence officers working in each other's countries, even friendly ones. Nothing suspicious in it, just if a Russian official, say, is working for us secretly, meeting him in another country is safer all round. That's how they work.
I'd be interested to know how you know 'all our agents' were working there that weekend though, do you seriously think the Sunday Times etc get given a sneaky look at their staff roster on request?

There may well have been some inconsistencies in different peoples recollections of what happened, that's what happens in big, fast moving events with lots of people involved, human memory and perception is fallible, I'd be suspicious if everyone agreed on every little detail rather than if they didn't. Not every one agrees over every little detail of 9/11, but that doesn't prove the Mossad set it up with holographic missiles and demolition charges they put in place months in advance and then made 4 airliners disappear, like some of your fellow
Conspiracist loony chums think.

Keep taking the tablets, come back to the discussion when you're prepared to actually discuss, rather than scatter delusions like confetti.
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

I expect what you want would make them say "sod off"
Reply 67
Original post by Jammy Duel
I expect what you want would make them say "sod off"

And if so we'll have to kick them out

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you look at the offcial report the seatbelt was jammed a mechanic could of done work on the car. The case was investigated in a royal court meaning it is unlikely to go away from the official story. Of which is full of inconsistencies witnesses was brought and paid for to tell that story. The queen is no mug she did not **** a half pakistani in her family

Original post by nick2491
Sigh...

I notice you haven't responded to a perfectly reasonable point about a seatbelt protecting against assassination, a fairly typical conspiracy theorist behaviour to avoid questions you don't like and move on, rather than answer them.

I suppose if you read in the papers that Paris was awash with MI5 and MI6 agents and the SAS, then it must be true, (sarcasm alert), but here's the thing - countries routinely have intelligence officers working in each other's countries, even friendly ones. Nothing suspicious in it, just if a Russian official, say, is working for us secretly, meeting him in another country is safer all round. That's how they work.
I'd be interested to know how you know 'all our agents' were working there that weekend though, do you seriously think the Sunday Times etc get given a sneaky look at their staff roster on request?

There may well have been some inconsistencies in different peoples recollections of what happened, that's what happens in big, fast moving events with lots of people involved, human memory and perception is fallible, I'd be suspicious if everyone agreed on every little detail rather than if they didn't. Not every one agrees over every little detail of 9/11, but that doesn't prove the Mossad set it up with holographic missiles and demolition charges they put in place months in advance and then made 4 airliners disappear, like some of your fellow
Conspiracist loony chums think.

Keep taking the tablets, come back to the discussion when you're prepared to actually discuss, rather than scatter delusions like confetti.

u R
Original post by Andy98
But I don't like the money we put into them

Posted from TSR Mobile

We put nothing into them, they pay us!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you look at the offcial report the seatbelt was jammed a mechanic could of done work on the car. The case was investigated in a royal court meaning it is unlikely to go away from the official story. Of which is full of inconsistencies witnesses was brought and paid for to tell that story. The queen is no mug she did not **** a half pakistani in her family

u R

Sigh...I'm almost out of troll food, this will be the last time, I'm bored of this sub-thread now and I imagine most other people are too.

The accident was investigated by the Police, not a royal court. In case you're confusing the two, Police investigate crime and alleged crime, gather as much evidence as they can, and then refer it to the court system. All enquiries are documented and permanently recorded at the time they're made and cannot be 'made to go away' etc. This is so people can't challenge convictions on the grounds of procedure, one of the reasons the murder clearup rate in this country is 95% (home office figures). The full report by the Met police is freely available.

Specifically, the Met report had the whole car examined by the Transport Research Laboratory in Berkshire, who found the seatbelts were in full working order,(page 421 of the Met report)

Henri Paul's blood was examined for alcohol, and found to be 3 times over the French drink-drive limit. They also tested the alcohol level in the sclera of his eyes, and found the same. This sample was also tested for DNA against his parents, and confirmed to be a match, so it wasn't someone elses eyeball they were using. He may have appeared sober on the CCTV, but he was an alcoholic, and they can appear stone cold sober while three sheets to the wind.

You seem to think she was about to marry Dodi al-Fayed, but none of her friends or family thought so, who she had been in contact with before her death. To quote what she said to Lady Annabel Goldsmith a week prior to her death 'I need marriage like a rash on my face'. Mohammed al-Fayed said they had been to buy an engagement ring at the Alberto Repossi jewellers the week before, only their staff and the CCTV showed otherwise. al-Fayed senior also alleged she was pregnant, yet her post-mortem and examination of her blood inside the car showed no sign of pregnancy or pregnancy hormones.

Her friends said publicly she never mentioned being pregnant prior to her death. If she was pregnant at the time, why did he not mention this until 3 1/2 years AFTER the accident? Why was there no evidence of her making any kind of preparation for the media storm that would follow an announcement of her engagement? She spoke to her sister only 2 days before the accident and said the relationship was on 'stony ground' (met report, page 28)

How many of these different agencies, organisations and people, friends and family of hers, many of whom have never met, have to be lying or bought off in some vast, orchestrated cover-up, for your paranoid delusions to be true? you can't even be bothered to read the report on her death properly, as you're quoting facts out of it that it doesn't even say. trot off into your little.

Like I say, I'm bored now, so is everyone else. Rattle on if you wish. Mohammed al-Fayed is a publicity seeking buffoon, believe his drivel if you wish, but repeating everything he says without thinking about it first just makes you look stupid.
Forget about it nick2491, #Whitehouse is off his/her meds.
The amount of people that seem to see political issues, only as plus and minus figures on a bank sheet depresses me so much.

Seriously, some things are infinitely more important than having a couple of every quid a year.
(edited 8 years ago)

Lol, I know, I found it amusing on a site dedicated to learning, which is based on facts, but playtime is over...
Leon Britten was actually cleared of all allegations

When? Pretty sure Leon Brittan is still being investigated.
Original post by MichaelGreen
When? Pretty sure Leon Brittan is still being investigated.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/police-apologise-not-clearing-leon-brittan-over-false-rape-claim-before-he-died-1523038.

There's also an allegation of child sex abuse from the same sort of era, but when the only complainant has told police he initially said it as a joke and then went along with it, and there are grave concerns about his reliability, it will be going nowhere, I wouldn't trust a witness like that to tell me the time of day.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/police-apologise-not-clearing-leon-brittan-over-false-rape-claim-before-he-died-1523038.

There's also an allegation of child sex abuse from the same sort of era, but when the only complainant has told police he initially said it as a joke and then went along with it, and there are grave concerns about his reliability, it will be going nowhere, I wouldn't trust a witness like that to tell me the time of day.

So he hasn't been cleared of all allegations then, hmm. Are you sure the investigation is down to just one complainants allegations?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 77
What would we replace it with and would it be any better?

Your strung along what i can confirm is that the MI5 , SAS and high grading police was in that part of france at the time of death furthermore there was an order from charles to a do a job on Diana witnesses was brought and paid for and the media can not broadcast against what the govermment or monarchy tell us.
Original post by MichaelGreen
So he hasn't been cleared of all allegations then, hmm. Are you sure the investigation is down to just one complainants allegations?

Have a look at the Wikipedia entry on him and the news articles it refers to, 'Panorama' and '60 Minutes' programs. There's two complainants referred to there, one of whom 'Darren' told 60 Minutes that Brittan had abused him, but later told a social worker that he had never seen Brittan do this to him, or anyone else. Police interviewed him and decided there was no weight to his initial allegation. Also there was 'David', who told interviewers he had been pressured into naming Brittan and had done it for a joke initially then gone along with it, and now could not remember if his memory was confused or not. Not enough credibility there to fill a crisp packet. One who has withdrawn what he said and one who admitted to being pressured and now can't remember, is going absolutely nowhere...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending