The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fluteflute
The colleges share their opinions with each other, but they also understand you can't be on top form all the time. So if the first college wants you, they probably won't worry too much if the second college doesn't think you're so great.

(And don't forget that how you feel interviews went can often bear no resemblance to how the tutors think they went!)

Thank you for your reply!
I think first two were not too bad, but i agree that interviewers can think completely otherwise as i couldn't understand anything from their face/reaction, they should be really experienced. However for my third i understood how stupid i was as Oxford mathemtics applicant should have answered such questions and this was obvious from interviewers face, i shouldn't have been so nervous :frown: I still loved Brasenose college, people there are really very friendly, unfortunately i definitely have no chance getting to that college. I hope i can get offer from Corpus.
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
Thank you for your reply!
I think first two were not too bad, but i agree that interviewers can think completely otherwise as i couldn't understand anything from their face/reaction, they should be really experienced. However for my third i understood how stupid i was as Oxford mathemtics applicant should have answered such questions and this was obvious from interviewers face, i shouldn't have been so nervous :frown: I still loved Brasenose college, people there are really very friendly, unfortunately i definitely have no chance getting to that college. I hope i can get offer from Corpus.

yayy, corpus is the best! I absolutely loved my time there :biggrin:
Original post by mazzaion
yayy, corpus is the best! I absolutely loved my time there :biggrin:

Have you applied to Corpus or had your second interview there? And for which degree if you don't mind me asking? I love Corpus as well, but loved Brasenose as much :smile:
Nearing post 10000 and you know what that means! Mk.II!
Not always, but it's quite common for the tutors at a given college to ask the same questions to everyone they interview.

It's less common in the humanities, where they're more likely to spend more time talking about something from someone's personal statement.

In PPE everyone had the same in Economics and Philosopy and they had like three different ones for Politics.
But we only started talking about it when everyone was finished (it is really stupid to reveal the questions before that, I agree with you)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
Have you applied to Corpus or had your second interview there? And for which degree if you don't mind me asking? I love Corpus as well, but loved Brasenose as much :smile:

I applied to Corpus, didn't have any interviews elsewhere though! Brasenose was actually my second college of choice. I'm applying for Classics, so I was up there from the 8th to the 12th! Which course have you applied for? How are the interviews going? :smile:
Ahhhhh new thread soon finally!
Original post by antigone-
Ahhhhh new thread soon finally!

I'm actually sat camping on this thread, ready for the new one!
Original post by Roving Fish
I'm actually sat camping on this thread, ready for the new one!

Let me help you along...
...and me! I remember when we got to 10,000 posts last year - 'twas fluteflute helping us along then, too :smile:
Let me help you along...

Yay, current and ex support team unite to bring the Oxford hopefuls a new thread!
Ah Oxford... One day, I will be applying (as a postgraduate student). :smile:
Doing our bit for the Forum to get to 10,000.

Last day of interviews tomorrow - too many late nights here in the Admissions Office.

Don't be like us - grab an early night and sleep well if your interview is scheduled for day 11.
Has so many more posts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Catch up oxford. Catch up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danniegee
...and me! I remember when we got to 10,000 posts last year - 'twas fluteflute helping us along then, too :smile:

Original post by Roving Fish
Yay, current and ex support team unite to bring the Oxford hopefuls a new thread!

My fifth year of Oxford applicants threads.... oh dear, I've been around too long. Perhaps this is my last year?
For those who don't know, we close a thread at 10,000 posts and create a second version (Mk II).

This version is available here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3779151

Queen Cersei will be quoting you all in to the thread tomorrow. :smile:

RF
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9758
has anyone in the US gotten a request for interview for PPE yet??
Reply 9759
just hang out in the JCR for most your time there, don't stress about revising or anything :smile: I only stayed in my room to sleep and you have so much fun just playing games and chatting to people to be honest. Ask people the general 'what's your name?' and 'subject?' if they have an interesting accent, ask them where they're from! It can make for a good conversation :smile: I stayed at Brasenose and the JCR helpers always shouted if anyone was up for a game of Jenga or Articulate very frequently!!

Latest

Trending

Trending