The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Any advice on how to answer an interview question like "Take us through your personal statement."

Do you just go through it bit by bit in order or is there a structure to follow?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Eagerly anticipating my rejection lol. All I can say to people with interviews is don't let a bad station get you flustered. Good luck everyone!
Original post by ruben_sk
Any advice on how to answer an interview question like "Take us through your personal statement."

Do you just go through it bit by bit in order or is there a structure to follow?

They don't have your personal statement and they won't have read it either
Original post by yasaminO_o
Eagerly anticipating my rejection lol. All I can say to people with interviews is don't let a bad station get you flustered. Good luck everyone!

Aw no, I'm sure you won't get rejected :h: had mine yesterday, want to talk about it over PM? (Lol dw I'm not digging for questions, I legit had mine yesterday xD)

Try to stay positive, you never know! Worst case scenario, you'll have other unis anyway so don't be too disheartened!
Original post by thechemistress
Aw no, I'm sure you won't get rejected :h: had mine yesterday, want to talk about it over PM? (Lol dw I'm not digging for questions, I legit had mine yesterday xD)

your PMs are full aha
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Try to stay positive, you never know! Worst case scenario, you'll have other unis anyway so don't be too disheartened!

I'm hoping so, thank you :h:
your PMs are full aha

Cleared up space :lol:
Cleared up space :lol:

Hey did you get my PMs?
That interview was a lot more intense and challenging compared to UEAs MMI.. Hopefully I did ok!
Original post by hopefulmedic97
Hey did you get my PMs?

No I didn't, resend them? :h:
I had mine too and it was definitely much harder than anticipated :/ A lot of unexpected stations...if only we didn't have to wait so long for responses :frown:
I've been getting a couple of messages from people claiming to have already had the interview and wanting to compare how things went but after a while it becomes pretty obvious that they haven't actually been through it and that they're just fishing for questions. Some people try to make their claims sound realistic by talking about how they "found the ethics difficult" or were asked "why do you want to study medicine?" (when we already knew ethics were going to be involved/certain questions have a high probability of being asked).

Please could everyone be careful if you're going to talk about how it went (both on here and in PMs) or talking about comparisons with interviews from other unis. Even if you're going to disregard the form we all signed, it's giving other people an unfair advantage and allowing them to prepare for questions that we weren't necessarily expecting. We've all worked hard to even get an interview in the first place - don't ruin your chances now!
Original post by cyberchibii
I've been getting a couple of messages from people claiming to have already had the interview and wanting to compare how things went but after a while it becomes pretty obvious that they haven't actually been through it and that they're just fishing for questions. Some people try to make their claims sound realistic by talking about how they "found the ethics difficult" or were asked "why do you want to study medicine?" (when we already knew ethics were going to be involved/certain questions have a high probability of being asked).

Please could everyone be careful if you're going to talk about how it went (both on here and in PMs) or talking about comparisons with interviews from other unis. Even if you're going to disregard the form we all signed, it's giving other people an unfair advantage and allowing them to prepare for questions that we weren't necessarily expecting. We've all worked hard to even get an interview in the first place - don't ruin your chances now!

Yeah it's sad how manipulative people can be :frown: Especially considering we are all Medicine applicants..
Original post by kdizzle97
Yeah it's sad how manipulative people can be :frown: Especially considering we are all Medicine applicants..

Scared this has happened to me now omg :frown:
Scared this has happened to me now omg :frown:

Loooool dw I haven't been fishing for questions, I was there at 10:15 yesterday xD people have been asking me too :tongue:
Tbh when I've had my interview I'm not gonna talk to anyone about it xD I think it saves me and everyone else a whole lot of trouble lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ngl though, I'm really worried now about the King's interview... XD No idea if how I'm preparing will be of any use lol
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Ngl though, I'm really worried now about the King's interview... XD No idea if how I'm preparing will be of any use lol

Ah mate, don't worry about it :h: All my preparation for King's was essentially useless, none of what I'd prepared for came up aha xD but even so, I'm glad that none of it did because it helped me to think on my feet and properly respond to what they were saying, instead of giving half rehearsed answers. So don't stress, just go in there and be yourself and you'll be fine :h:
Ngl, it is super intense. I was practically pissing myself once the briefing had finished :lol:
Ah mate, don't worry about it :h: All my preparation for King's was essentially useless, none of what I'd prepared for came up aha xD but even so, I'm glad that none of it did because it helped me to think on my feet and properly respond to what they were saying, instead of giving half rehearsed answers. So don't stress, just go in there and be yourself and you'll be fine :h:
Ngl, it is super intense. I was practically pissing myself once the briefing had finished :lol:

Haha thanks Suzy, you're always here to cheer me up xD I guess having to come up with responses on the go serves to show who you are as a person better than questions which we expect to come up! Just gonna do my best and be myself as you said!

Why do you think you were more nervous for this one than the B'ham one?

Latest