The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bobkata
Wooow!!! Congrats :smile: when did you send your application :biggrin: I am excited

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent it on the 14th of october :smile:
Original post by Lucy0312
Thank you and well done on your offer! Do you mind me asking what your AS grades were and what your predicted grades are?

Thank you too! My AS grades were AAAB
Philosophy and Ethics (100%) predicted A*
Classical Civilisation (90.5%) predicted A
History (84%) predicted A
And dropped psychology - the B
Original post by perlan98
I sent it on the 14th of october :smile:

& when did u sit the LNAT haha :~)

well done btw!
Original post by coalesce
Honestly - who knows? They may just be back-logged. Regardless, congrats on the offer!

They sent me a nag about booking a time, my school blocked out the interview! So annoying!
Original post by seeunexttuesday
& when did u sit the LNAT haha :~)

well done btw!

Original post by smarterthanyou2
Congratulations on your outstanding academic achievements! You must be really proud. Notts Trent is a top university, attended by some of the brightest minds in the country.

Thankyou! I've got all my offers now, unconditionals from Lincoln and Sheffield Hallam, and then conditional from Sheffield and the two from Notts Trent :smile: probably putting Notts Trent Law as firm and Lincoln as insurance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else receive an excruciatingly high conditional requirement from Glasgow? I received an offer with the conditions set at AB (Adv. Higher) and A (Higher).
Reply 747
Original post by Employable?
Did anyone else receive an excruciatingly high conditional requirement from Glasgow? I received an offer with the conditions set at AB (Adv. Higher) and A (Higher).

Damn, that's pretty high. I've not heard from Glasgow yet - what were your highers and when did you apply? If you don't mind me asking :smile:
Original post by Topo15
Damn, that's pretty high. I've not heard from Glasgow yet - what were your highers and when did you apply? If you don't mind me asking :smile:

Not at all - my grades were (all at Higher) AAABC. I applied around 18th November.
Reply 749
Original post by Employable?
Not at all - my grades were (all at Higher) AAABC. I applied around 18th November.

Well congratulations on getting an offer so soon - if you end up firming Glasgow, I'm sure you'll meet your offer!
Original post by coalesce
Uuuuh I'm also an international applicant for UCL law, and I haven't heard back from them yet (applied on Oct 15th). So I don't think they have finished giving out offers to international applicants yet at all. Also: the LNAT was (I think) one of the stronger parts of my application.

Ditto.

But how do u know it was your strongest asset?
Reply 751
Original post by sasha_ali18
ive never been to liverpool before so i dont know what to except. what is it like?

I live in Liverpool and I have got on offer from the uni, it's pretty diverse (i'm muslim btw)
I rescheduled my LNAT today; from 22 December to 14 January

I had not done any practice/revision :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by Pythian
Ditto.

But how do u know it was your strongest asset?

Well, I've either not heard back yet or only gotten offers from LNAT universities so far. I also keep track of how many questions I'm unsure of whether I got right or wrong during a test, and I only counted 6 for the LNAT, so I'm expecting my mark to be at least in the 30s. And then when it came to the essay, I finished with 15 minutes to spare, and it wasn't exactly a short essay. I spent the rest of the time just re-reading and revising. Idk, I guess nobody can be sure how well they did, but I just remember walking out of the testing center afterwards thinking, 'that was good - that actually went really well'.
Sent mine off mid novemebrr and I have an offer from Durham and Surrey for Law at AAB
Hi guys International student here! :smile:

AS Grades: Chemistry (a), Biology (a), Physics (a) and Maths (b)
A2 Grades: Chemistry (dropped), Biology (A*), Physics (A) and Maths [resit] (A)

Universities applied: Oxford (rejected), UCL (rejected), LSE (pending), Kings (pending) and Nottingham (pending)
sat for the LNAT on the 18th of October and sent my applications out on the 13th of October.

I have a feeling my LNAT may be count against me (especially the essay bit) so Ive been banking my non-LNAT uni for a while now.
Anyone receive offers from LSE yet ?
Original post by robertakir
Sent mine off mid novemebrr and I have an offer from Durham and Surrey for Law at AAB

Congrats :smile: When did Durham send you the offer? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JohnGreek
Not yet - praying that I don't get a rejection email today (it's Thursday again...)

I'm on week 8/8, so I should at least be getting the 4-week extension email soon.

This week is rejection week ?
I`ve been under the impression that its acceptance week haha

Where else have you sent your application to ?
Has anyone else got a message from QMUL saying that 'they have been put on hold' ? What does this mean? Really really want QMUL haha
how long after you applied did you get your offer?

Latest

Trending

Trending