The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bluebells60
If you've already received your results then email them and tell them that your unsure why you received this offer based on you already having your results. It may be a mistake as the same happened to me last year and I wrote to them and they changed my offer to unconditional...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the quick reply, I am going to ring them tomorrow, do you think they could change mine to unconditional too even tho i am missing the requirements by one grade.
Tom
It's possible but it depends on the uni...the fact you have your results may mean it will be fine because you can't do anymore after getting results...so they may change it like they did me although it was a different uni for me...good luck let me know how it goes..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to Strathclyde and Aberdeen last Monday (7th), heard from Strathclyde on the 9th and Aberdeen today (14th), nothing from Edinburgh for me yet...
@superfinfin
BristoI and Bath are both taking a very long time to reply to me, I sent my application off late October and nothing, (offer wise) anyone else? (Math applicant by the way)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to UCL, Birmingham, Exeter and Durham on the 7th and have not had any offers yet. Hopefully I won't have to wait for months :afraid::afraid::afraid:
Reply 1825
UCL was lightning fast for me (Geophysics) I got a reply less than 24 hours after I sent off my application
Original post by JPencil
BristoI and Bath are both taking a very long time to reply to me, I sent my application off late October and nothing, (offer wise) anyone else? (Math applicant by the way)

Both get thousands of applications for all their STEM courses. It takes time to assess them ALL properly (rather than making an instant decision based purely on grades). Be patient - its worth the wait.
It's possible but it depends on the uni...the fact you have your results may mean it will be fine because you can't do anymore after getting results...so they may change it like they did me although it was a different uni for me...good luck let me know how it goes..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to the same uni a year ago and they offered me a place with a grade below entry standards i just decided not to go, so i hope so, thanks for your help and I will :smile:, i am getting in contact with the course director soon

Tom

Posted from TSR Mobile

They made a mistake and have now made me an unconditional offer :smile:
Tom
Original post by Tom Chapman
They made a mistake and have now made me an unconditional offer :smile:
Tom

Well done! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

For me, the quickest was Loughborough who gave me an offer pretty much the next day and the slowest has been Exeter.. i have 4/5 offers :smile:
Original post by PlayerBB
Has anyone heard from Hertfordshire because I have applied a while back and still haven't heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! What are you looking to study? I applied 2 weeks today and I've still not heard anything yet :frown:
Original post by gabbynutley98
Bath spa??

Hi! What are you looking to study? I heard from Bath Spa after a week of applying...when did you send your application? :smile:
Original post by Mollsmae
Hi! What are you looking to study? I heard from Bath Spa after a week of applying...when did you send your application? :smile:

It was for religious studies and education I got it yesterday after 3 weeks! What did you apply for? ☺️
It was for religious studies and education I got it yesterday after 3 weeks! What did you apply for? ☺️

Oo I applied for education! :smile: what other universities have you applied to?:smile:
Original post by Mollsmae
Oo I applied for education! :smile: what other universities have you applied to?:smile:

Oh how funny! And bath spa is my insurance Kent is my firm you?:smile:
Oh how funny! And bath spa is my insurance Kent is my firm you?:smile:

I've not heard back from everywhere yet, but Winchester's my firm and i'm yet to choose my insurance!
Applied to Surrey, Southampton, Exeter, Kent and Royal Holloway on 4th of December. Got an offer from Royal Holloway on the 10th and was told it was unconditional on the 11th :smile: Will hopefully hear back from the others soon!
Has anyone else received a message from Kent asking for additional info? Previous grades and an academic reference etc. Although my application is a transfer just wondering if this is a positive thing or not haha.

Latest

Trending

Trending