The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smileygal
Hey babe, are you coming to the interview tomorrow and did you manage to find your GCSE Certificates?

Hey, I haven't found my certificates :frown: I think I'm still going to try my luck with an interview but I'm seriously thinking about just accepting my SCITT offer. Are you prepared?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueberry muffin
Yes! Why do you ask? The people were nice and I like how the course is set out, I just don't think it's for me :smile:

I had an interview there about 3 weeks ago. Yeah I liked how everything is structured but i felt I wouldn't fit in. Lovely people but it was too small lol. I got an offer even though I thought the individual interview went so wrong! They are so quick, you'll probably find out tomorrow
Original post by shannonbeth
Hey, I haven't found my certificates :frown: I think I'm still going to try my luck with an interview but I'm seriously thinking about just accepting my SCITT offer. Are you prepared?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, you have nothing to lose anyway, so I'd go if I were you. I am not prepared. At. All. Lord help me. Are you ready?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didnt have certificates for any of mine! I think as long as you produce them at a later date they will be fine. Just tell them you are ordering some new ones!
Yeah, you have nothing to lose anyway, so I'd go if I were you. I am not prepared. At. All. Lord help me. Are you ready?

No I am not ready. I'm revising maths now, and I just need to think about what to say in my interview as feedback from my one on Monday said I didn't elaborate enough.
I have a false sense of security knowing I have an offer haha. If you like I'll message you the questions I was asked Monday as a guide? Every little helps right?!
Original post by Bena0202
I didnt have certificates for any of mine! I think as long as you produce them at a later date they will be fine. Just tell them you are ordering some new ones!

Oh really? That gives me hope! Thanks :smile:
No I am not ready. I'm revising maths now, and I just need to think about what to say in my interview as feedback from my one on Monday said I didn't elaborate enough.
I have a false sense of security knowing I have an offer haha. If you like I'll message you the questions I was asked Monday as a guide? Every little helps right?!

That would be very much appreciated!!
Original post by Bena0202
I had an interview there about 3 weeks ago. Yeah I liked how everything is structured but i felt I wouldn't fit in. Lovely people but it was too small lol. I got an offer even though I thought the individual interview went so wrong! They are so quick, you'll probably find out tomorrow

Do you mean the fact that it's got lots of Asian people? 😂 I'm one myself lol.

It felt quiet and unenthusiastic. Apparently they're only taking 25-40 people.
Just found out I got into UCL!
Original post by blueberry muffin
Do you mean the fact that it's got lots of Asian people? 😂 I'm one myself lol.

It felt quiet and unenthusiastic. Apparently they're only taking 25-40 people.

Nope! It was too small that's why loooool I was well aware that loads of Asians went there! oh wow that's a small amount! If I were to go by race I would hardly fit im anywhere! I am black and there are barely any black teachers in primary schools looool
I had 2 interviews for schools direct in Manchester today for primary. One I messed up and another I felt I did a lot better. My final interview tomorrow is with Liverpool hope and they are asking for a lot more than the other 2. One from today said they would let me know by tomorrow, so I am not sure if that's a good or a bad thing?!
Original post by Aemiliana
All my paperwork for Cambridge has come through. So many forms to fill out!

Aww nice one! I'm still waiting on their decision.
Original post by Niyo123
It depends upon the subject you are applying to. Like History, English fill far before than Maths,Physics.

Good point, I'm applying for French and Spanish probably in the South East somewhere.
Original post by Stephenson
Good point, I'm applying for French and Spanish probably in the South East somewhere.

Pretty unlikely to be full by January :smile:
Anyone, which current issues can i talk about? Im stuck :frown: it's for early years

I did mine about the lack of mental health services available for children :smile: I am doing Primary
Original post by sjla94
I did mine about the lack of mental health services available for children :smile: I am doing Primary

That's a good one! Thank you <3
Original post by travelfiend
Just found out I got into UCL!

Well done , I've got my interview in January & I'm really nervous already lol
Reply 2657
Yes!!! I've finally sent off my application. Not expecting anything to happen before January, but I wanted to give my referees plenty of time to fill in the reference what with Christmas and stuff getting in the way. I feel so much relief though :smile:

Congratulations to all those with offers! And good luck to any people with interviews still to go before Christmas!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :biggrin:
Original post by carolineherts
Well done , I've got my interview in January & I'm really nervous already lol

Thank you! What are you applying for? My interview was really relaxed :smile:
After deciding against my Warwick interview (many reasons) I have officially firmed my SCITT :smile: I just need to pass my skills test and I will be a trainee teacher in September :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending