Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by woahjvck
Just got an offer for psychology from Durham today:smile:

Original post by angellen
I just received an offer to study Psychology (AAA fingers crossed) but it said campus Z... does anyone know what that means???

Hello fellow psychology offer holders :yay:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Ewalsh98
Hi! Is anyone applying for Law at Durham for 2016? I'm doing my LNAT exam tomorrow, and I'm really stuggling, does anyone have any advice? I'm a straight A / A* student, I don't understand why I find the LNAT so difficult :frown:

Hi, fellow Durham Law applicant here :smile: My only advice would be TIME MANAGEMENT. I ran out of time in my LNAT and had to rush the last few multiple choice questions.

Also, plan your essay before you start it - that way you'll write it quickly and won't get all tangled up in your argument.

Other than that, you can't really revise for it, it's meant to test inherent ability. Where else have you applied for Law? :smile:
Original post by connieiscrazy
Hi, fellow Durham Law applicant here :smile: My only advice would be TIME MANAGEMENT. I ran out of time in my LNAT and had to rush the last few multiple choice questions.

Also, plan your essay before you start it - that way you'll write it quickly and won't get all tangled up in your argument.

Other than that, you can't really revise for it, it's meant to test inherent ability. Where else have you applied for Law? :smile:

Okay thanks so much! If you don't mind me asking, what score did you get on your LNAT? I'm also applying to Bristol, York, Nottingham and keele but I really want to put Durham as my firm.
Is anyone a Durham student here?

There's one thing I'm worried about: is there a kind of "Oxbridge rejects" mood in the university? I know most people who apply there also apply to Durham so I thought it might do something to the overall atmosphere of the place...
Original post by mazzaion
Is anyone a Durham student here?

There's one thing I'm worried about: is there a kind of "Oxbridge rejects" mood in the university? I know most people who apply there also apply to Durham so I thought it might do something to the overall atmosphere of the place...

I'm at Durham, the oxbridge reject atmosphere is normally humorous, we laugh at ourselves for not getting in rather than being bitter about it (although personally I didn't apply to oxbridge). You only ever hear about it on yik yak haha.

Literally has no impact on the day to day atmosphere of the place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer for Economics and Politics :smile:
Original post by Nuttsford
Just got an offer for Economics and Politics :smile:

congrats :biggrin: *sits in front of laptop and furiously awaits a decision*
Reply 1087
Has anyone heard of any Classics offers being given out already? I'm desperate to hear from the university :biggrin:

yes, i got my offer in late october but i sent my application off quite early!
Original post by emk14
yes, i got my offer in late october but i sent my application off quite early!

oh my gosh that's scary, I sent mine ages ago (oxbridge deadline) and heard literally nothing!
Reply 1089
honestly don't worry, i know loads of people who haven't either and we all sent them off at the same time (oxbridge deadline)!
which college did you apply for? have you visited the school at all?
also it probably is because I'm an international applicant!! i hear they tend to go through them first?
(edited 8 years ago)
So I got this email from them 5 days ago asking me for an electronic copy of my documents upon the receipt they would make a decision "without delay". But still nothing (
What's going on?!!!!
Int. Student applying for english lit btw (before you ask)
Received offer for Bsc Geology yesterday! AAB:biggrin:
Original post by Ewalsh98
Okay thanks so much! If you don't mind me asking, what score did you get on your LNAT? I'm also applying to Bristol, York, Nottingham and keele but I really want to put Durham as my firm.

I'm not sure what score I got on my LNAT, apparently I don't find out until February :/ I've applied to Nottingham as well but I still haven't heard. Don't worry, Durham take a while and usually send out the majority of their offers after January when all the Oxbridge offers are out of the way
Reply 1093
Just got an offer for Physics and Astronomy :biggrin: a*a*a
Today I got the "we're waiting until January to make all of our decisions" email, which is stressful... because seeing "Durham" my brain assumed "ohmygo****sadecision"
Reply 1095
Today I got the "we're waiting until January to make all of our decisions" email, which is stressful... because seeing "Durham" my brain assumed "ohmygo****sadecision"

Same here, made my heart skip a beat for a second but nope, just one of those emails ;-;
Reply 1096
Original post by 430
Same here, made my heart skip a beat for a second but nope, just one of those emails ;-;

I got a similar email today.
I have applied for history.
A*AAAAAAAAAB at GCSE
ABBB (some resits to do)
A*AA predicted
Great personal statement. The A was 100 UMS.

Does this email mean that I am still in the running? - is it unlikely? Etc.
Reply 1097
Original post by EzBB
I got a similar email today.
I have applied for history.
A*AAAAAAAAAB at GCSE
ABBB (some resits to do)
A*AA predicted
Great personal statement. The A was 100 UMS.

Does this email mean that I am still in the running? - is it unlikely? Etc.

Just an email to all applicants I think. I'm waiting for history too, sent mine off in October, it's been a long wait! Might not hear back til March apparently!:s-smilie:
Original post by SMer
Just an email to all applicants I think. I'm waiting for history too, sent mine off in October, it's been a long wait! Might not hear back til March apparently!:s-smilie:

Yeah I also got this same email this morning - a mini heart attack followed by some very mixed feelings! :,)
I had that e mail yet got an offer recently so you could potentially get your offers before Jan :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest