The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Postgraduate Applicants 2016

I have noticed that in the other thread most of the comments are from Bachelor degree applicants, so I decided to make one for the Postgraduate students.
Yesterday I applied to MSc Behavioural Finance and I am really buzzed right now, because I'd really love to go at QM.
I hope that I'll find more postgrad applicants here to share news and updates :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kristin.zangova
I have noticed that in the other thread most of the comments are from Bachelor degree applicants, so I decided to make one for the Postgraduate students.
Yesterday I applied to MSc Behavioural Finance and I am really buzzed right now, because I'd really love to go at QM.
I hope that I'll find more postgrad applicants here to share news and updates :smile:

Hi, MSc Investment & Finance student here from2005-6 and I feel compelled to tell you to steer clear from that department.The infrastructure and support for students was virtually non existent. For example, on many occasions, many of us sat on the floor in tutorials because there weren’t enough seats. Furthermore, assessment consisted only of a midterm test and the final exam in May meaning that no research activity is required for the taught component since no written coursework was ever part of module assessment. I found this astonishing for a postgrad award. And finally, a lot of confusion, miscommunication and unnecessary running around to get anything done since nobody from the department seemed to care about anything.They now charge 16000+ for this degree (they charged around 5000 back then) and maybe they became somehow better, but it wouldn’t hurt to get informed on these matters beforehand so you won’t be sorry later.
Best of luck.
(edited 8 years ago)
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2

Have you heard back yet? I applied for MSc Economics on 4th December.
Original post by coconut18
Have you heard back yet? I applied for MSc Economics on 4th December.

Yes! I received and accepted my offer for MSc Behavioural Finance yesterday. It took them 5 weeks to answer so don't worry. Good luck with your application and I hope we'll see each other in September. :smile:
Reply 4
Yes! I received and accepted my offer for MSc Behavioural Finance yesterday. It took them 5 weeks to answer so don't worry. Good luck with your application and I hope we'll see each other in September. :smile:

Fantastic news, congratulations! :biggrin:
Original post by coconut18
Fantastic news, congratulations! :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: Fingers crossed for you :h:
Reply 6
Hi All!

I'm just applying for the MSc Management of Intellectual Property. I haven't found anyone else who has applied for this course so would be great if anyone else has applied for that!

Has anyone else been to visit the university? I live in the North East so travelling down is quite expensive!
Reply 7
Original post by donkey24
Hi All!

I'm just applying for the MSc Management of Intellectual Property. I haven't found anyone else who has applied for this course so would be great if anyone else has applied for that!

Has anyone else been to visit the university? I live in the North East so travelling down is quite expensive!

I live in London and have been to visit the campus a few times for various reasons - not the prettiest campus nor is it in the best area of London, but that shouldn't deter you as it's still a good university with good facilities. If the uni environment is an important factor for your decision then I would personally take the time/money to visit. I got an offer about a day after my previous post (above) but won't be accepting as I got a place somewhere else on a course which more closely meets my areas of interest.
Reply 8
Okay thank you! Maybe I will try and get a look when I visit London next. I wouldn't be living in London, my boyfriend lives within a commutable distance so would probably try to save money and live with him.

How long did it take to get your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Okay thank you! Maybe I will try and get a look when I visit London next. I wouldn't be living in London, my boyfriend lives within a commutable distance so would probably try to save money and live with him.

How long did it take to get your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Around 2 weeks!
Hi All!

Hello!
Good luck with your application!
I joined couple of facebook groups for QM applicants/freshers 2016/2017, but most (if not all) of them are bachelor degree students. It would be nice if there's a group for master students.
Reply 11
Hi!
Thank you, I'm really hoping I get in!!!
Where did you find the Facebook groups?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!
Thank you, I'm really hoping I get in!!!
Where did you find the Facebook groups?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed! :smile:) I'm not sure, actually I think somebody from this forum sent me the 1st group. Let me know if you want me to give you the links on PM :smile:
Reply 13
Hi

What will happen if I accept the offer but several months later decide not to attend the course?

BR
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Thank you :smile: Fingers crossed for you :h:

Hi and congrats!
I have been made an offer re MSc Banking and Finance but still be waiting other Universities' answer.
The problem is that I have 1 months to accept or decline the offer and 20 days have already passed so that I have 10 days only left to decide.
What will happen If I accept the offer but 1 month later I decide to study at another University???
If they do not require a deposit, you can accept the offer and subsequently choose to go somewhere else. The academic list is compiled on the last week of September and includes the students who registered and paid the tuition fees.
Reply 16
ahhh I got an offer!
I'd love it if you could send the the Facebook links! Thanks so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone - I applied for the MSc Behavioural Finance at the end of January and got accepted about three weeks after. I live in London and am trying for a change of career. I've also got an offer for a MRES in Finance and Management at SOAS.

Anyone discover anything interesting about the Masters programmes at QMUL? Anyone pick up funding or a scholarship? Any QM undergrads progressing to the postgrad?

I went to the open evening. Campus seems pretty average. The staff at the open evening seemed nice and rather young! But then maybe that's just because they send the most junior. The emphasis of the talks they gave were mostly about getting a job or starting a business.
Original post by yuenlo
Hello everyone - I applied for the MSc Behavioural Finance at the end of January and got accepted about three weeks after. I live in London and am trying for a change of career. I've also got an offer for a MRES in Finance and Management at SOAS.

Anyone discover anything interesting about the Masters programmes at QMUL? Anyone pick up funding or a scholarship? Any QM undergrads progressing to the postgrad?

I went to the open evening. Campus seems pretty average. The staff at the open evening seemed nice and rather young! But then maybe that's just because they send the most junior. The emphasis of the talks they gave were mostly about getting a job or starting a business.

Hello :smile: To be honest, I'm pretty excited to finally find somebody applying to the same course.
In my opinion, the best thing about QM's Masters is that you have a great variety of elective modules. However, I really likes the Mile End campus :smile:
Reply 19

Hey there, I have an offer to study at QMUL for the MSc Marketing.
However, not sure yet since I have an offer from City University - Cass Business School for the Msc Marketing Strategy and Innovation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending